Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Im loving the lasher so far, im sure we can get a team together.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Me too. Lots of fun!

Network Hub
    Please tell me that the Lasher is more effective than in that video. I've been looking forward to getting one when the next 3x station cash offers comes by.

Obscure Node
    I just want one for the pretty sparkles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    Please tell me that the Lasher is more effective than in that video. I've been looking forward to getting one when the next 3x station cash offers comes by.
    It can be a good weapon, especially when used for covering/suppression fire in urban combat or/and in groups. But outside of that... it's slow, it's not very accurate, does not do much damage and it is a big "shoot me!" sign over your head for every sniper in the hex.
    A very, very situational weapon. A fun weapon, but very often not a very rewarding weapon.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    those guys are in full disco mode. the lasher doesnt even hurt air, afaik. it is pretty bad 1v1 (lmg is going to win most of the time), but a groups of 2-5 people can be very very effective at locking chokepoints in biolabs, techplants or bases in general down completely. also, disco balls of doom!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post

On the second day Vanu created the sky and all the stars in it, and Vanu did use sixteen lashers, and Vanu looked upon it and saw that it was good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    The trouble with that is, judging from that video, you're the only person who doesn't get to see any pretty sparkles, because from the shooter's point of view it's just a vague ball of light.

I have a silly mondays idea, or two, based on what I've been doing on my own for the last hour. Scout around for fights between both enemy factions, and intervene - play United Vanu Peacekeepers, and intervene in any ongoing conflict.

Finding yourself alone miles from help while the other two sides duke it out, and you just quietly watch from the shadows, very occasionally popping up to kill a turret, take down a generator and run, or pistol whip a careless sniper. God, that's far more fun than it should be. It's apparently quite effective as an irritant, too, as after a while I had to go on the run from a pair of scythes in the mountains. Dead exciting, it was, and I managed to escape them and keep on annoying their infantry until I finally got caught out by a MAX.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 01-02-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, so doing this again tonight.

Got a few plans, some of my own, some from this or the other thread.

Hope everyone comes along and has fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Won't be there today. Performance is still horrible after patch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Unfortunatley cancelled - game is just too prone to complete crap-out in terms of net code to let us actually do half f what I want.

I wonder how long it will be till they roll out a fix. :/
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    I wonder how long it will be till they roll out a fix. :/
    Higby had this to say on Twitter an hour ago:
    "We're continuing to investigate reports of performance decrease since GU02, we're definitely seeing it, but haven't found the cause yet"
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/298574382626922497

I cant stand the whiney bastards on the soe forums.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 05-02-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    While I'm prepared to try it, it's not the FPS stutter (Which I get on loading some new areas) thats causing the big problems.

It's a low network update rate, that seems to come and go (worse in busy areas, unsurprisingly) that makes everything MOVE in jerky ways, while framerate remains 45-60fps.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    A public test server would have solved this.

or in fact, any test server.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Any test at all really.. Anyway, I find it playable, but far from being perfect. Still though, I love the new changes in the patch. I feel that the way battles flow has change significantly. No longer do ghost zergs roll from base to base. They actually duke it out over territory way more often for way longer, as it's easier to defend now.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Any test at all really.. Anyway, I find it playable, but far from being perfect. Still though, I love the new changes in the patch. I feel that the way battles flow has change significantly. No longer do ghost zergs roll from base to base. They actually duke it out over territory way more often for way longer, as it's easier to defend now.
    Oh it is playable, dont get me wrong, but it just has some weird errors which disrupt the gameplay.

By the way, I switched from SMG back to my trusty solstice SF with smoke launcher. Still cant beat that.

Though for some reason now, Ive started respawning with only one mine instead of two, even though I have enough in supply and its set to "autopurchase". meh.
    - Tom De Roeck.