Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Man they really should give Vanu a AA gun that looks just like the Lasher... would be totally badass!

Network Hub

First annual(?) peris - dahaka rally

MrEclectic had an idea. I am posting it because it sounded fun, and I'm posting it here because it sounded silly.

FIRST ANNUAL(?) PERIS - DAHAKA RALLY

Initial thoughts:

1. Ground vehicles only (including mags).
    2. Route to include other bases in between as check points. Other than that you don't have to follow the road.
    3. No shooting other competitors.
    4. Undecided if it should be time trial, as the real one, or just a race.

Input requested.

Since the Harasser is the fastest ground vehicle (I think), I'm guessing everyone will just roll those.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Great idea!

Vehicles should have stock equipment. No racer chassis!

How about guns, though?

The Harasser is by far the fastest ground vehicle, at nearly 100 km/h, so that would seem the obvious choice.

Also the buggy look fits the theme. I'm sadface that I'm usually not available on Mondays, but I had an idea for silly outings.

Honour Guard
    1. Everyone gets a scythe and hides outside the warpgate, in the hills around. Libs also an option.
    2. One person (SL I guess) waits at the warpgate for a friendly but not RPS gal to take off, and offer them an honour guard.
    3. If/when they accept, SL shouts "RPS Honour Guard, ASSEMBLE!"
    4. Cue all scythes taking off and flying around friendly Gal. Scythes will chase off other ESFs and position themselves between AA and the gal, literally taking bullets for them, or taking down the turrets where possible. *dramatic music*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Haha, that does sound like fun! I'd do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlywombat View Post
    Initial thoughts:

1. Ground vehicles only (including mags).
    2. Route to include other bases in between as check points. Other than that you don't have to follow the road.
    3. No shooting other competitors.
    4. Undecided if it should be time trial, as the real one, or just a race.

Input requested.
    I thought about something like this, but I had a more twisted idea : I feared that a basic race would be too boring (basically step on the accelerator and go as straight as possible), so we should warn PCG or RTS that we're planning on racing, and giving them all relevant details, so that they can mess with it as much as they wish. People who lose their vehicle are out of the race.

A race with moskitos trying to get you, that should provide some entertainment and let's us check who is the best pilot
    Last edited by Ksempac; 03-05-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    First of all, not my idea. Second of all, as the original Paris-Dakar, three categories: Truck, Motorcycle, Car, ie Sunderer, Flash, Harasser. Finally, It will probably start or end in enemy territory

If it's time-trial we should probably do that in a peaceful place, but yeah, Vanu tradition dictates that this should be a huge FFA race with the whole faction, and that we invite TRs and NCs to shoot us down.
    Vanu tradition also dictates that it should be run with ANTs, but ANTs are sadly no more. The closest equivalent would be Sunderers, I guess.
    Also let the devs know, they usually love to record those rallies
    Last edited by Skhalt; 04-05-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mreclectic View Post
    first of all, not my idea. Second of all, as the original paris-dakar, three categories: Truck, motorcycle, car, ie sunderer, flash, harasser. Finally, it will probably start or end in enemy territory
    yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Also yes.

Let us ride. Record it, edit it into sepia at 4x real speed, attach the William Tell Overture.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, when's this happening?
    Also, we've done races a couple of times before. You don't need to arrange the enemies - they will find you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    So, when's this happening?
    It being Sunday today, are we thinking it's time for another Silly Monday? Bank holiday too, bonus.

May I humbly suggest that since Silly Mondays are no longer a weekly fixture, that we save it until after the Call to Arms this week? It'll give a chance to include any new players we pick up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sounds good, guess everyone is too busy organising Call to Arms to organise a last minute Silly Monday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    May I humbly suggest that since Silly Mondays are no longer a weekly fixture, that we save it until after the Call to Arms this week? It'll give a chance to include any new players we pick up.
    Excellent logic. After all, not all Mondays need be silly. Gives me a potential chance to get involved in one too

Here's one that'll be contentious.
    1. Get stuck in to a decent fight, where it's just us, minimal/no randoms or other outfits.
    2. Call out to the TR/NC in regionsay "If you say 'Praise be to Vanu' we'll let you have this fight."
    3. If they do it, everyone stops and /suicides at the same moment.
    4. We got the enemy to convert, even if only for a moment.Which is obviously our goal, instead of never ending war for profit... right?
    5. Prophet. (I had to, I'm a bad person.. I'm very sorry)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I really like this idea, fits my idea of 'meta game' well. Reminds me of folk in DayZ doing weird/altruistic things. I'm trying to think of similar role playing-esque ideas but all I can think of is spamming prox voice with evangelising for Vanu which could quickly get irritating and bring RPS into disrepute - not good... anyone else have more creative ideas than me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just a reminder. If people want Silly Mondays to happen again (it's been a long time now), they need to step up and make it happen.

It's not especially difficult, but I'm rather mined out for ideas (plus got a little fed up with people trying to make it harder for me last time out) so someone else really should take the lead (Dewisant and Eleven have both done so before)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I want a silly monday to happen but only because it will make a great video, so I wouldnt be in the best position to arrange things. I also prefer candid footage so its better if people forget im even there.

Tldr someone step up please!