Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Allowing the VIP in the rumble seat to shoot the opposing team (who is trying to capture said VIP) would make this even more hilarious.
    But only with a shotgun? :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    But only with a shotgun? :P
    Either that or a sidearm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    If we're still choosing what to do, how about revisiting 'the haunted bio lab'?

Stalker cloak, /yell and in-game shouts.

I'd love to do that again.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

So, we have two suggestions for Silly Monday shenanigans:

1. Capture the VIP on flashes.
    2. The haunted biolab.

I think there would be time for both of these activities during a single session.

Anyone up for leading Silly Monday tomorrow?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    So, we have two suggestions for Silly Monday shenanigans:

1. Capture the VIP on flashes.
    2. The haunted biolab.

I think there would be time for both of these activities during a single session.

Anyone up for leading Silly Monday tomorrow?
    I probably won't be around tomorrow but I should be happy giving a go to putting the event together the following week. I'm still not 100% sure on the logistics of capture the VIP - would the fact friendly positions are shown on the map make it too easy? Even if we included light assaults and a bit of verticality? I don't think the 5min despawn is too long, but I really like the idea of the VIP/homeguard sitting on the flash

Not for tonight as there is GoT/overlord meeting, but an idea I had (that hopefully hasn't been done) Hide the Thimble.

Anyone play hide the thimble as a kid? Basically, a person hides a small object (or number of objects) in a defined area, the others then have to go and find that object, first to find it wins.

Safety Warning: Auraxian "thimbles" are useless for sewing as they are often brick-shaped and made of C4. Also of interest, the only way to win RPS Hide the Thimble is to stand proudly atop the "thimble" and shoot it until it kills you. If you are lucky enough to survive the detonation, you don't win the round and every other player is free to execute you for ruining their fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    Not for tonight as there is GoT/overlord meeting, but an idea I had (that hopefully hasn't been done) Hide the Thimble.

Anyone play hide the thimble as a kid? Basically, a person hides a small object (or number of objects) in a defined area, the others then have to go and find that object, first to find it wins.

Safety Warning: Auraxian "thimbles" are useless for sewing as they are often brick-shaped and made of C4. Also of interest, the only way to win RPS Hide the Thimble is to stand proudly atop the "thimble" and shoot it until it kills you. If you are lucky enough to survive the detonation, you don't win the round and every other player is free to execute you for ruining their fun.
    Yes, oh YES! Perfect for the test server, where anyone can get max jump jets on their light assaults. Though not everyone has the PTS client, do they? Also getting into a bio lab or tech plant deep in friendly territory might work too, I guess. Spawn one guy as enemy to put down the C-- thimbles.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yes, oh YES! Perfect for the test server, where anyone can get max jump jets on their light assaults. Though not everyone has the PTS client, do they? Also getting into a bio lab or tech plant deep in friendly territory might work too, I guess. Spawn one guy as enemy to put down the C-- thimbles.
    Exactly my thoughts, I concluded we should write off PTS for the sake of being inclusive though. The event will depend on having an appropriate empty friendly base well inside our territory.

I need to look at a few details, but when I announce the date I'll also announce what rank of jump jets is recommended (Initial thought is rank 4 ~160 certs IRIC).

If we limit the "hider" to a certain rank of jets, then we'll know that all the seekers can reach the "handy sewing accessory" with the same level. Enemy INF can hack a terminal for resupply. Plenty of traitor alts around, no doubt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I also have an idea, well, half an idea. Help me work out the other half.

Basic idea: gladiatorial combat. Take two completely different classes and 1v1 it in a defined and fairly small area (e.g. a small base). Examples:

* shotgun medic versus sniper rifle infil
    * stalker infil versus engie with only a sidearm (with a light on it)

Or for a small squad game: four engies and one medic versus three sniper infils. Engies can only use turrets, medics can only use medic tool and side arm.

I think this would be good fun and also (mildly) useful for helping people get more acquainted with how to play a weapon to its strengths. I'm just not sure if this would make good 'silly Monday' fodder and if so how to make it fun for those watching without giving away locations etc. Any ideas?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Sounds like fun! Perhaps Streaming with observer cam, or someone flying around in an ESF or just filming from the tail gun of a Lib?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Tomorrow, Monday the 7th of July at 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST, we will see how much giraffe one must be.

To survive.

In the jungle.

Reminder, I will host a Silly Monday gathering tonight at 20:00 BST, with a jungle survival theme.

Activated Node
    i love silly mondays but i'm not putting anything weird in my mouth :P

We will not feed on snakes but on the xp from fallen TR and NC, if necessary. :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/...6545/killboard

Tracking was hard.

Sniping high BR giraffe groups with no bolt action and minimum cloak time was even harder.

Cheers for the Silliest of Mondays LaKroy! Getting lost has never been more fun.
    It reminded me of our hiking trips IRL, where we would always end up taking a wrong turn at crossroads.
    Except taking a wrong turn in-game meant running into a bunch of angry Vanguards, trying to run for cover, only to get lolpodded by a Reaver.

Also: just wandering about with the HUD turned off, really brings out the beauty of Hossin and planetside in general.
    Steam: Bynn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That was most excellent, currently editing the 45 minutes of footage into something a bit more viewable
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, wonderful. Did anyone capture the mumble discussions as well? I'm sure some humour could be extracted from them.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Oh, wonderful. Did anyone capture the mumble discussions as well? I'm sure some humour could be extracted from them.
    I recorded both game and mumble from the warpgate boarding to the final demise 46 minutes later. What moment are you on about?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I recorded both game and mumble from the warpgate boarding to the final demise 46 minutes later. What moment are you on about?
    Im assuming you didnt record the second session? That one was actually won by team Charlie-Delta. :P

I think Jag got a load of that one though.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul