Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Jag, if youre going to use any Radiohead then for the love of Vanu make sure Myxomatosis is one of them. I can just imagine hot deploying in on the crown as a platoon right at the start of the song.

As for The Verve, Rolling People surely warrents a mention somewhere? As much as i love Lucky Man, i just cant see a place for it on Auraxis. Also, there must be a place for this to fit somewhere?
    Last edited by NickWhite; 09-03-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Ah that makes a lot more sense now. First go around that guy was singing acapella which makes me wonder how youtube got it like that to start with?
    Well, there are two versions of the track, one with vocals, one without.
    I suspect that youtube tried subtracting the one without from the one with.
    Although why Youtube insisted on removing ALL tracks, and not just the one that was not allowed on YT(the last one) I don't know.

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Bullets would make a beautiful serious video... especially if you manage to mix the video with the electronic sounds of the break in the beat of the song itself... its somehow relaxed AND intense at the same time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Cross post from the "Giraffes - Our allies" thread, since the discusion about the War Correspondent started there.

Apparently invaderZim used to work with the guy, and contacted him via Steam just a little while ago. He will follow us tomorrow, Monday. He has requested that we play on Esamir (first video was NC on Indar, second TR on Amerish, so third Vanu on Esamir). He'll probably be on at 8:00 pm GMT, so how about we get online at 7:30 to organise things? I've also done a post in the TVA forums.

I know it's our Silly Mondays night, but since it's then it is convenient for him, I think we should accommodate him. And it kind of fits with the theme, if you think about it

Yep yep Just posting to confirm its true!

Rob just messaged me saying he will be on tomorrow evening 7:30 to discuss plans with you MrEclectic ready for 8pm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    If anything carrying on with silly mondays might even work. Could be the "and in other news" where theres a cat stuck up a tree or someone decided to make a bridge out of galaxies.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ha! this could indeed be fun, if the guy would be interested in a more unconventional war report ("This broadcast is brought to you by the Vanu Science and Exploration Institute"), a few of our silly experiments might work. We'd need to be reasonably efficient at getting stuff organised, i guess. anyway, we should probably also let our allies know so that they can join in. purple giraffes shall blot out the sun, and all of that stuff.

If anything carrying on with silly mondays might even work. Could be the "and in other news" where theres a cat stuck up a tree or someone decided to make a bridge out of galaxies.
    A bridge of galaxies is a perfectly reasonable method of retrieving arborally challenged felines.
    Last edited by Feldspar; 10-03-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    "This broadcast is brought to you by the Vanu Science and Exploration Institute"
    Ooh, I like this idea! An expedition searching for precious artifacts in the snowy wastes of Esamir (using explosives, lots of explosives).

Or searching for other players on not-indar.

Or searching for other players on not-indar.
    Well, the artifacts might be buried within the other players. You don't know until you have had a look inside. For science!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Going to miss this due to work sadly.

Can I suggest that just for meta-entertainment's sake, we dedicate one player to following around the reporter and filming him all night. Then we can release a "war reporter report" as well?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post

Can I suggest that just for meta-entertainment's sake, we dedicate one player to following around the reporter and filming him all night. Then we can release a "war reporter report" as well?
    Hahahah! Brilliant, this!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    "This broadcast is brought to you by the Vanu Science and Exploration Institute"
    I kind of think of us as the Geological and Planetary Survey Society of that esteemed Institute, colloquially referred to as "Rock Planet Shotgun" :P

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post

I was under the impression of the reporter filming as a disembodied camera floating around the action. I think he mentioned in one of the youtube vids that SOE had given him access to this.

Otherwise it would be awesome.

Ah, was going to say he gets some amazing shots so wondered how he did it without dying all the time. A real shame, cmasters idea was great and would have essentially been an excuse for silly VI. Ah well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Really hope he got some good stuff, that fight for freyer was pretty damn epic but could be hard to make into a good video.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Freyr was crazy. As a medic, I think I burnt through 20 revive grenades or so in less than half an hour trying to protect horizontal. Don't think I've ever gotten as many revives/min before.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I concur with SirHoc, at one point I was just reviving people constantly, fierce fighting with both the NC and TR for single buildings!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah just the fact that as soon as we managed to beat back the NC the TR came pouring in, and in the middle of fighting them the NC came back with armour. That actually makes for a really cool film