Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I missed the last two silly mondays so haven't done a proper new video for a while, however I figured we had enough between all our videos to put together a best of. I say we, I've mostly only taken from CMaster... who I didn't ask before I uploaded so hope that's cool.

Obligatory reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...r_from_rps_on/

Youre welcome to hate the idea, but how does this sound:

Videos like this (compilations/best ofs) could be uploaded to the actual channel once in a while?

My reasons:

-Firstly, they are likely to include a mixture of several peoples footage and therefore dont necessarily have a place on one.
    -The channel isnt getting much traffic, so some videos would provide a link to it, and something to view on there.

I know you are the one who obviously put in the effort, and you want your views/subs from it, but I think it would be a nice idea, and promote viewing of all videos by all users .

What do you think? If youre up for this, I can give you the details for the channel so that you can upload them. Once uploaded, its easy for me to shuffle them around any which way when necessary, but I obviously cant upload them myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I say we, I've mostly only taken from CMaster... who I didn't ask before I uploaded so hope that's cool.
    Sorry that I've been lax with uploads to my site recently. It made me cringe to see stuff that was clearly taken from dodgy flash rips.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Fresh ideas are harder and harder to come by as we've done so much of them already. I propose that we switch silly Mondays to a bi-monthly thing so that we can get evenings full of crazy new ideas again. We could alternate silly mondays and tactical training mondays, i guess.

Training is better served on a different day, and as I have always said I think tuesday is best for that. Silly mondays should stay silly, even if its not an organised thing like some of them are... It doesnt have to be planned, it just needs to be us all doing crazy shit, even if its in a real battle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    The one time training has taken place on a Monday, it happened once Silly Mondays were concluded, at around 9.30, which I gather worked fine then. I'm primarily against Mondays because it's such a bad day for me personally. I also agree with Qaz though, that Silly Mondays every week is probably going to be hard to pull off, but I think the ones pulling the event should make that decision.

inthe end, I think training needs to happen more than once a week.

Obscure Node
    We could possibly expand silly Mondays to include a visit to our TR Connery grunts.

We should do that ^ I loved running about with the win gun

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The Broclave should apply for Friday Night Ops!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I'd be up for a buzz impersonation in proximity chat.
    Find me on the Steams

RIDEBADBAAADBADBAD <- that should be your TR alias

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    The Broclave should apply for Friday Night Ops!
    So what's this about? Have I missed something being away for a fortnight?

Also just installed he new drive, so I should be up and running again fairly soon!

When Miller was down, we created TR characters on Connery. I named myself PonytailSanePerson and started the outfit The Broclave With Totally Balanced Weapons also known as [GR1F].

Other amazing names was GunsBeerMericaYeaaah and a lot of others that I have know sadly forgotten.
    Find me on the Steams

Hehe, nice. I shall have to join you there some day then.

Network Hub
    Here we are in all our ironic glory: http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...sortorder=desc

USAexclamationmark

Best name ever.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Youre welcome to hate the idea, but how does this sound:

Videos like this (compilations/best ofs) could be uploaded to the actual channel once in a while?

My reasons:

-Firstly, they are likely to include a mixture of several peoples footage and therefore dont necessarily have a place on one.
    -The channel isnt getting much traffic, so some videos would provide a link to it, and something to view on there.

I know you are the one who obviously put in the effort, and you want your views/subs from it, but I think it would be a nice idea, and promote viewing of all videos by all users .

What do you think? If youre up for this, I can give you the details for the channel so that you can upload them. Once uploaded, its easy for me to shuffle them around any which way when necessary, but I obviously cant upload them myself.
    I'm totally for it, though I don't think I'll be making them too often. It already felt a little soon for the one I just did. Still, when I get the urge again I'm happy to upload to the RPS channel.

On the topic of AMERICA (FUCK YEAH), I've discovered a new way of cooking bacon

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7245778944/hDA750E67/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    When Miller was down, we created TR characters on Connery. I named myself PonytailSanePerson and started the outfit The Broclave With Totally Balanced Weapons also known as [GR1F].

Other amazing names was GunsBeerMericaYeaaah and a lot of others that I have know sadly forgotten.
    My alt is CrewCutNoFat, but I think the best was OurGunsAreTotallyNotOP. BTW, I think a lot of Europeans did the same thing on that day, because there was obvious troll-bait in /yell.

I'm totally for it, though I don't think I'll be making them too often. It already felt a little soon for the one I just did. Still, when I get the urge again I'm happy to upload to the RPS channel.
    Awesome. Are you up for uploading your first one too? It was good and will get the idea rolling until you feel like making another. Once a month (footage permitting) would be good.. maybe every 2 months.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

There'll be a downloadable one up at some point soon too.

Aside from that, some announcements:

No more regular Silly Mondays.

Instead, if somebody has the inspiration to lead one (and remember, it doesn't have to last long) then let me know, and I'll mention the date in this thread. Or just tell everyone in game I guess.

Secondly - people's behaviour at these events must improve. There's been many incidents of RPS members TKing other Vanu players "because it's funny" while we're doing this. People also seem to think it's ok to randomly TK other RPS members as well - and yes, it can be funny, or even encouraged on some nights. But when you take someone out after they have been queueing for a go at something, or blow up the vehicle they need to take part, then you're spoiling their fun. This last night, I had the Scythe I was using for filming stuff C4ed, as well as being TKed TWICE on foot while trying to set waypoints, use chat commands etc - these are just examples from this week, I can give others from previous when 10 minutes of set up for the platoon has been disrupted by one person. Messing around with each other, knife fight challenges etc is fine. Spoiling someone else's night isn't.

I've updated the first post to reflect both these things.
    Last edited by CMaster; 09-04-2013 at 07:27 PM.