Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 629
  1. #281
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I missed the last two silly mondays so haven't done a proper new video for a while, however I figured we had enough between all our videos to put together a best of. I say we, I've mostly only taken from CMaster... who I didn't ask before I uploaded so hope that's cool.

    Obligatory reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...r_from_rps_on/

    Youre welcome to hate the idea, but how does this sound:

    Videos like this (compilations/best ofs) could be uploaded to the actual channel once in a while?

    My reasons:

    -Firstly, they are likely to include a mixture of several peoples footage and therefore dont necessarily have a place on one.
    -The channel isnt getting much traffic, so some videos would provide a link to it, and something to view on there.

    I know you are the one who obviously put in the effort, and you want your views/subs from it, but I think it would be a nice idea, and promote viewing of all videos by all users .

    What do you think? If youre up for this, I can give you the details for the channel so that you can upload them. Once uploaded, its easy for me to shuffle them around any which way when necessary, but I obviously cant upload them myself.

  2. #282
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I say we, I've mostly only taken from CMaster... who I didn't ask before I uploaded so hope that's cool.
    Sorry that I've been lax with uploads to my site recently. It made me cringe to see stuff that was clearly taken from dodgy flash rips.

  3. #283
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    890
    Fresh ideas are harder and harder to come by as we've done so much of them already. I propose that we switch silly Mondays to a bi-monthly thing so that we can get evenings full of crazy new ideas again. We could alternate silly mondays and tactical training mondays, i guess.

  4. #284
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,102
    Training is better served on a different day, and as I have always said I think tuesday is best for that. Silly mondays should stay silly, even if its not an organised thing like some of them are... It doesnt have to be planned, it just needs to be us all doing crazy shit, even if its in a real battle.

  5. #285
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,315
    The one time training has taken place on a Monday, it happened once Silly Mondays were concluded, at around 9.30, which I gather worked fine then. I'm primarily against Mondays because it's such a bad day for me personally. I also agree with Qaz though, that Silly Mondays every week is probably going to be hard to pull off, but I think the ones pulling the event should make that decision.


    inthe end, I think training needs to happen more than once a week.

  6. #286
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19
    We could possibly expand silly Mondays to include a visit to our TR Connery grunts.

  7. #287
    Network Hub Grible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh,Scotland
    Posts
    420
    We should do that ^ I loved running about with the win gun

  8. #288
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,171
    The Broclave should apply for Friday Night Ops!

  9. #289
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,020
    I'd be up for a buzz impersonation in proximity chat.
    Find me on the Steams

  10. #290
    Network Hub Orius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    374
    RIDEBADBAAADBADBAD <- that should be your TR alias

  11. #291
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    The Broclave should apply for Friday Night Ops!
    So what's this about? Have I missed something being away for a fortnight?

    Also just installed he new drive, so I should be up and running again fairly soon!

  12. #292
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,020
    When Miller was down, we created TR characters on Connery. I named myself PonytailSanePerson and started the outfit The Broclave With Totally Balanced Weapons also known as [GR1F].

    Other amazing names was GunsBeerMericaYeaaah and a lot of others that I have know sadly forgotten.
    Find me on the Steams

  13. #293
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,315
    Hehe, nice. I shall have to join you there some day then.

  14. #294
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    201
    Here we are in all our ironic glory: http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...sortorder=desc

  15. #295
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,020
    USAexclamationmark

    Best name ever.
    Find me on the Steams

  16. #296
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Youre welcome to hate the idea, but how does this sound:

    Videos like this (compilations/best ofs) could be uploaded to the actual channel once in a while?

    My reasons:

    -Firstly, they are likely to include a mixture of several peoples footage and therefore dont necessarily have a place on one.
    -The channel isnt getting much traffic, so some videos would provide a link to it, and something to view on there.

    I know you are the one who obviously put in the effort, and you want your views/subs from it, but I think it would be a nice idea, and promote viewing of all videos by all users .

    What do you think? If youre up for this, I can give you the details for the channel so that you can upload them. Once uploaded, its easy for me to shuffle them around any which way when necessary, but I obviously cant upload them myself.
    I'm totally for it, though I don't think I'll be making them too often. It already felt a little soon for the one I just did. Still, when I get the urge again I'm happy to upload to the RPS channel.

  17. #297
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dewi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,049
    On the topic of AMERICA (FUCK YEAH), I've discovered a new way of cooking bacon

    https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7245778944/hDA750E67/

  18. #298
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    When Miller was down, we created TR characters on Connery. I named myself PonytailSanePerson and started the outfit The Broclave With Totally Balanced Weapons also known as [GR1F].

    Other amazing names was GunsBeerMericaYeaaah and a lot of others that I have know sadly forgotten.
    My alt is CrewCutNoFat, but I think the best was OurGunsAreTotallyNotOP. BTW, I think a lot of Europeans did the same thing on that day, because there was obvious troll-bait in /yell.

  19. #299
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I'm totally for it, though I don't think I'll be making them too often. It already felt a little soon for the one I just did. Still, when I get the urge again I'm happy to upload to the RPS channel.
    Awesome. Are you up for uploading your first one too? It was good and will get the idea rolling until you feel like making another. Once a month (footage permitting) would be good.. maybe every 2 months.

  20. #300
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,630


    There'll be a downloadable one up at some point soon too.

    Aside from that, some announcements:

    No more regular Silly Mondays.

    Instead, if somebody has the inspiration to lead one (and remember, it doesn't have to last long) then let me know, and I'll mention the date in this thread. Or just tell everyone in game I guess.


    Secondly - people's behaviour at these events must improve. There's been many incidents of RPS members TKing other Vanu players "because it's funny" while we're doing this. People also seem to think it's ok to randomly TK other RPS members as well - and yes, it can be funny, or even encouraged on some nights. But when you take someone out after they have been queueing for a go at something, or blow up the vehicle they need to take part, then you're spoiling their fun. This last night, I had the Scythe I was using for filming stuff C4ed, as well as being TKed TWICE on foot while trying to set waypoints, use chat commands etc - these are just examples from this week, I can give others from previous when 10 minutes of set up for the platoon has been disrupted by one person. Messing around with each other, knife fight challenges etc is fine. Spoiling someone else's night isn't.

    I've updated the first post to reflect both these things.
    Last edited by CMaster; 09-04-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •