Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    A battle royale was discussed, but the risk of tk-ing innocents was deemed too great.

I would be up for a battle royale... in VR. FF isn't a problem, and the arena has the right size for hunting

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    A battle royale was discussed, but the risk of tk-ing innocents was deemed too great.
    Yeah. Also the fun part of battle royale is that you pick up the weapon of the person you killed. You can't really do that in game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Where the hell did you find that first tune? Also the panpipes are perfect - such majesty.
    First tune is by Lemon Demon (he of "The Ultimate Showdown" fame). I first heard it on one of the AMV Hell series of errm, things.

The panpipes came to me searching for music with "Condor" in the title. I was after big, slow, majestic birds. Originally thinking orchestral, but this worked too.

Obscure Node
    So, are we going to try and sell them literature anytime soon? I certainly would be happy to spread the word of Vanu!

Thing with the Proselytising one, it's a little conditional, in my view. Needs to be just us in the fight, no pubbies or other outfits because they likely won't be onboard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Something like an Occupy Wall Street movement thing. Go to an enemy base near enemy lines, but without adjacency. Occupy it, control turrets/terminals, camp spawns plant mines all over the place. Make it difficult for them to reinforce with armour or aircraft from there.

Then tell them we'll go away if they embrace Vanu.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Then tell them we'll go away if they embrace Vanu.
    I love that idea.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah it's a good one. Has been bandied about since just after release, IIRC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    You could even have about 8 gal pilots be on standby to simultaneously all show up and collect us when the enemy relents and praises vanu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

So seeing the RTRS/RPS video, i had an idea that is definitely silly
    ...though possibly too silly
    ...or undoable.
    ...you tell me.

MONDAY NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES

So the basic idea is that we all create BR1 Vanu Alts with a name like Zombie9302. A few of us would be named ZombieLeader1, ZombieLeader2, etc.

ZombieLeaders create squads for Zombies to join. Once squad is made, Leader pull a Gal, and drop his zombies in a contested territory (though one with already a majority of Vanu).

Once on the ground...well it's time for the invasion : the zombies (no matter which squad they are in) all rush together on any NC or TR infantry they see. Of course "/yell BRAAAAAIIIINS" and similar stuff is totally acceptable zombie behavior. However, being Zombies, they obviously don't have fire arms, so zombies are restricted to knife only (too bad there is no bite attack in this game). When a zombie kills someone with his knife, he sends him a tell "The zombies killed you. Join the Zombie Army. Create a Vanu Alt, and wait at Warpgate for a ZombieLeader to pick you up for the invasion".

ZombieLeaders will not participate directly, they will provide Gal services for new and/or respawning zombies, always returning to warpgate and using /re to get Zombies in their Gal (preferably add them in squad too so that you can restrict your Gal to Zombies only).

I have no idea if that would actually work, it might ends up with a mass suicide against an armed enemy group and/or people not wanting to join the Zombie Army. Or it might ends up with enemies fleeing at the mere sight of the hord of running zombies.
    Anyway, I had to get this idea out of my braaaaaaaain. So yeah, now, you tell me, does this look fun ? should we try it ?

PS : for anyone wondering, this came as a reaction to the single NC guy being pursued by all the Giraffes, and not a particular love of zombies. I actually dislike most zombie-based stuff.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 23-07-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    MONDAY NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES
    Hahaha, this idea is too good to pass up on! Would join!

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Or it might ends up with enemies fleeing at the mere sight of the hord of running zombies.
    I'm having visions of Jaguar recreating the World War Z trailer, with added spandex.

Sounds like it could be good fun. I'm in.

It sounds like the kind of thing that needs a Reddit announcement. Not necessarily for others to join, but so they actually know what's going on (and may be willing to turn zombie when munched).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I mean, with respawning and such... I think we're already technically speaking undead. So this is just making it official, right?

In other words, I'm totally down with this.

Wish I could be involved in this, but I'll be in training to become a salesdroid in Birmingham for the week. I hope someone gets decent video footage!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    I'm having visions of Jaguar recreating the World War Z trailer, with added spandex.
    If he does, he needs plenty of this in there.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARH

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This idea is brilliant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Its absolutely genius. It needs to happen.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

+1 this is a fantastic idea. Second Rei's idea of a reddit announcement, we'll just have to hope people play along and don't just stand around in AI Maxes racking dem zombie killz.