Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I use Vegas. In general it's seen as the better bet for people who aren't already used to the tape-based thinking of Premiere et al.

I'm certainly more than happy to share source material.

Also Pauly, I think you volunteered to start that youtube account and create the playlists.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    Has anyone given some thought to formation aerobatic displays? (for Mondays of course)
    Thoughts should be given to this.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aah, thats a neat trick indeed. Is there such a thing as a battlerecorder for PS2? the Battlefield battle recorder lets you watch a complete match previously played from a spectator position.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    there is! you can press page-up at any time, and it'll start recording. quality can be a bit shit, but you can fiddle around with the settings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    No thats video recording, it doesnt record a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Aah, thats a neat trick indeed. Is there such a thing as a battlerecorder for PS2? the Battlefield battle recorder lets you watch a complete match previously played from a spectator position.
    I'd imagine that with more players, a larger area and no timed matches such a thing wouldn't be at all practical on PS2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Well, im happy to make it, but its probably a good idea if a few of us have access to it, to save it from dying in the future. That being said, the people I give it to should clearly not change the password unless absolutely necessary.

Also, ive not had much experience with creating and managing youtube channels, but I will give it a go just to get us set up. Once its done, the few of us that need to, I will allow access to it, and from there we can tweak and change what is needed, sound good?

First question then, is:

What shall we name the channel... Do we want to go down the serious route.. im assuming we do... but do we name it Rock paper shotgun, or just RPS.... Something inventive yet easy to search would be good.

Suggestions:

RPS Giraffes
    RPS Planetside
    Rock Planet Side

Post your suggestions and I guess we can choose one.

Giraffe TV?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    All the channel needs to be is a collection of Playlists - the actual uping of Videos can remain on people's personal accounts.

Yeah, share the UN and PW about a bit, so various people can update it.

Rock Paper Shotgun is already taken anyhow. Something purple giraffe related could be good, or a straight forward Rock Planet Shotgun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Also, volunteers to run next monday?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Rock Planet Shotgun works for me too. The problem with going with RPS Giraffes is half the time when I put that in a video description the uninitiated don't know what RPS stands for, which kind of negates it as propaganda or showing off the outfit. Giving a bunch of us access makes sense too so we can contribute our own stuff as its released. Not sure if you can give other accounts access to the playlist or if you actually have to just share the main account?

On the subject of awesome planetside videos, am I the only person that missed this on the first go around?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Speaking of awesomely pointless stuff for silly mondays and shameless propaganda: flashes and magriders boosting over a hill while EXPLODING C4 below them. Suicidally silly!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Naming it rockplanetshotgun (the account) is probably most accurate, seeing as that is the name of the actual outfit in-game. Rock Planet Side is what the Steam group is called.

Add in Planetside 2 outfit on Miller in the description and make sure to tag it with a few key ones as gaming, planetside2, giraffes etc.

Leave the purple giraffe stuff for people to figure out on their own - it's a nice in-joke that active viewers will notice by themselves.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    On the subject of awesome planetside videos, am I the only person that missed this on the first go around?
    You're certainly not, how good was that!! Thanks for sharing it!
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Pfft, blatant false advertising. Everybody knows that galaxies are immune to small arms fire.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    You're certainly not, how good was that!! Thanks for sharing it!
    I did miss it the first time around, but was it a couple of months ago. It is an awesome thing, still. Poor TR, though.

OMFG, I wish planetside was that visceral!

Also, being able to actively fly around with jet packs would be sexy.

and that vanu army at the end... damn straight they are gonna fuck the rest up xD.

Ok, ill use rock planet shotgun unless anybody has issues with that. Ill let people know the account info in due course.

What we could use, is for somebody to make us an awesome background for the channel. I would, but I dont really have the time or motivation currently. Ill start a thread asking for people, just in case not everybody reads silly giraffes, but if anybody here fancies giving it a shot, let me know.

Also, opinions as to whether we have playlists by submitter or by category (i.e. silly mondays, strat thursdays, etc).
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 02-03-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Love that video. Force blade, motherfucker!

Why didn't they take out the spawn beacon tho? :'(

Also, do you reckon the voice at 2:18 is actually what US NC outfit voice comms sound like?
    Last edited by Rizlar; 02-03-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Network Hub
    Before I forget, here's some of the screenshots I grabbed from the last Silly Monday.

Llandon proves himself a daredevil wingwalker:

The Sunderer Jump is set up with the usual RPS panache:

Sir Wiggly-Bottom demonstrates it's possible to jump five sunderers with a lightning

Big Versions:
    http://i.imgur.com/1zDnAbY.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/vTBNwTf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/5i6qpgp.jpg
    Last edited by Eleven; 03-03-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Can we start silly mondays at 7 today? I need to do something at 9. And no, I cant host it :P