Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Made a quick reddit showcasing all the videos so far, on that note:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ys_collection/

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I really like this idea, fits my idea of 'meta game' well. Reminds me of folk in DayZ doing weird/altruistic things. I'm trying to think of similar role playing-esque ideas but all I can think of is spamming prox voice with evangelising for Vanu which could quickly get irritating and bring RPS into disrepute - not good... anyone else have more creative ideas than me?
    I like the idea that while the other factions are charging in to battle with stuff like 'FREEDOM' and 'CHARRRRGE' Vanu are there shouting 'DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT ALIENGOD?'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Made a quick reddit showcasing all the videos so far, on that note:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ys_collection/
    You have my up vote.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Looks like we got one more subscriber from it, at least .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I know I keep saying I'm going to do this and never do but it hasn't left my mind, at some point I'm going to do something just for the channel and won't even upload to my own. I've improved leaps and bounds since the last mess-around giraffe recruitment video I made so I may do another one of those. I didn't mention it before as I didn't want to tread on quantas toes for his project, but my understanding is that one is actually a love letter to the Mighty Vanu in general rather than specifically about RPS.

Theres a couple of other things that I've been working on, one really stupid video which might be too stupid even for me and an artsy thing purely about the TR. Assuming I still have a mental block about what to do with them when I come home I'll probably try and do the RPS exclusive one over the weekend.

Just realized that with those MAX riot shields the NC could use some old fashioned roman infantry tactics! It might be cool to run alts some time to try it out
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

When I'm on tonight, I'll be pushing for a Silly Monday to happen. Don't expect everyone to get involved, but it's been a while since we've been silly and chaotic, so the catharsis shall be open to all. I may not be a good tactical squad leader, but I'll do my damnedest to be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I know I keep saying I'm going to do this and never do but it hasn't left my mind, at some point I'm going to do something just for the channel and won't even upload to my own. I've improved leaps and bounds since the last mess-around giraffe recruitment video I made so I may do another one of those. I didn't mention it before as I didn't want to tread on quantas toes for his project, but my understanding is that one is actually a love letter to the Mighty Vanu in general rather than specifically about RPS.

Theres a couple of other things that I've been working on, one really stupid video which might be too stupid even for me and an artsy thing purely about the TR. Assuming I still have a mental block about what to do with them when I come home I'll probably try and do the RPS exclusive one over the weekend.
    Sounds good Jag, look forward to them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sooo, anyone going to make this happen tonight?

Do I have to run another "greatest hits" session, to teach all the new people what this is so that others will step up and do it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    We never got round to doing the Peris-Dahaka rally did we? Could be extra interesting now that we have harassers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    We never got round to doing the Peris-Dahaka rally did we? Could be extra interesting now that we have harassers.
    I think that was put on hold until the harassers came out, and I've been pimping mine out just for the very occasion!
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

This weekend i was thinking on how to organize an Harasser race, based on both RTRS and INI videos and i would be keen to organise it.

My idea is we take no cert Harassers, and 1 racer chassis Harasser. The Racer won't be part of the race : he will be in front to decide where to go and everyone actually racing will have to follow it. So the race is dependant on the whim of the racer's pilot. He/She can make it as hard and as long as he wish but it would start and end at the warpgate.

Bonus point : someone can sit on the back of the racer harasser and film everything (that's what INI did)

What do you think about this? Easy to organize, and definitely silly
    Last edited by Ksempac; 03-06-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    My idea is we take no cert Harassers, and 1 racer chassis Harasser. The Racer won't be part of the race : he will be in front to decide where to go and everyone actually racing will have to follow it. So the race is dependant on the whim of the racer's pilot. He/She can make it as hard and as long as he wish but it would start and end at the warpgate.

What do you think about this? Easy to organize, and definitely silly
    I'd be up for a harasser race tonight if I'm on but although your idea sounds great, I might be a bit concerned about people losing sight of the racer and the whole thing collapsing on itself as everyone follows each other. I know it may take more organising but the Peris-Dahaka race sounds more appealing to me as there's a clear start and end and its up to each racer (given the limitations of transport) how they get there direction-wise.

I want to make 2 clarifications

First, the idea of the Racer isn't that he is gonna rush and lose everyone else, but simply that he will try to always stay 10m in front of the race. He is Racer simply to ensure he can stay in front. So harassers in front of the race will always see the racer, and the middle of the pack will probably see him on their minimap

Second, we would run as platoon so if you ever get left very far behind, with no opponent in front of you to guide you, you can always check your continental map to see where others are going.

That being said, I totally respect your opinion and choice
    Last edited by Ksempac; 03-06-2013 at 05:57 PM.

sounds good. Any other ideas for what to do after the race? Nice to have a couple of things to do on a silly night. Also, put it into the sites event log, and give plenty of time beforehand!

Tonight we had a bit of silliness! First, when the Esamir alert started, we all grabbed Harassers and drove from the VS Warpgate southwest, through about 7 combat zones and vast swathes of hostile territory towards the bridge at Ymir Biolab. Bazzabat was first there, so congratulations!

Then, later on, DredFurst almost managed to get a galaxy through the vehicle shields at Zurvan Amp, and then tried it on with the vehicle bay there. Apparently some people got some pictures or footage, so that might pop up too.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    We made a push for the Indar lock and got pretty close before both the NC and the TR evened up the populations and pushed back. Thanks for all the hard fighting guys and gals - also, congrats to Alpha for being awesome.

Edit: I can't see us getting the lock on Indar when there's any kind of proper server population with the current warp gate positioning; both NC and TR have a biolab that's tucked up pretty close to their warp gate and can't be isolated easily (or in the case of the NC, at all). With those easily defensible structures so close to the warp gate, getting and keeping them contained is going to be tough. Maybe on the next rotation of the gates? When do those happen?
    Last edited by sketchseven; 04-06-2013 at 01:54 AM.

It would still be nice to see a formally organised "silly monday" put up into events, so if anybody is willing to set up and run a few events, that would be cool!

Network Hub
    I'd like to lay claim to running next week's (the 17th) Silly Monday. Got some ideas after this evening's Tumas-ghost-cap entertainment.

Oh ok. I'll just take the one after that then.