Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Oh ok. I'll just take the one after that then.
    I only read the first and last pages of the thread - if you already had plans laid out for next Monday, my bad, sorry. I can do the 24th instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    I only read the first and last pages of the thread - if you already had plans laid out for next Monday, my bad, sorry. I can do the 24th instead.
    It's no problem. In retrospect I only had announced it during the outfit chat, so that's not really formal. You go ahead, I'll take the one after.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Updated first post with 17th coffee, 24th Boris.

Please submit events to the website too.

Enjoyed the races last night, came second in the harasser and again in the endurance one after (taking two reavers down in the process) – then my mumble and, inexplicably, hdmi cable packed in. Still, not all bad - bought myself a gaming headset, so mumble should be such a problem for me anymore!
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Headset FTW! Also, good job! I got about ten metres in the Flash race before my vehicle flipped and blew up, and in the second race, my Scythe somehow got despawned in the warpgate bubble while waiting for the start signal. The "race" turned into mostly waiting for me...

Flash handling sucks.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Flash handling sucks.
    Max out Scrapper. You will be able to weave in between buildings easily. The only thing that is annoying is steep cliffs.

Flash handling sucks.
    Everyone says Flash handling is crap, but I do rarely flip with it... even without upgrades.
    Crazy - maybe I just have a different driving style...

Headset FTW! Also, good job! I got about ten metres in the Flash race before my vehicle flipped and blew up, and in the second race, my Scythe somehow got despawned in the warpgate bubble while waiting for the start signal. The "race" turned into mostly waiting for me...

Flash handling sucks.
    I'm sorry about this, especially for the 2nd race because that was my fault.

As I said afterwards on Mumble, the original NCTO rules state that you don't spawn vehicles before the start of the race, but I remembered that not everyone was aware of that 2 min into the team briefing, when you already had lot of vehicles spawned :s Had to improvise.

I hope that, on the whole, racing Monday was fun for people because I haven't been very good at organizing it. I didn't expect so much people to show up and so few of them having actually read the rules on the forum. I was way over my head on that one so I hope that my mistakes didn't spoil it too much :s Still I learned a lot about how to organize that kind of stuff and that will be useful if I ever try to do a similar event.

It was very much fun! Thank you very much Ksempac!
    Unfortunately I was blown up both races - next time we should maybe try not to go through that much enemy territory or at least not through that much frontline.

Quote Originally Posted by Qw33r View Post
    It was very much fun! Thank you very much Ksempac!
    Unfortunately I was blown up both races - next time we should maybe try not to go through that much enemy territory or at least not through that much frontline.
    I actually think it's more fun with more fights. That leads to better strategy.

When I raced with the RTRS crew, we were on Esamir, when the TR almost had it all, and no fight was going on. It was pretty much a straight race where the best vehicle won. We planned for many emergencies (having 2-crew harassers), but it was very much unnecessary since there was no enemy.
    On the other hand, on Monday, it seems (it was a bit confusing) that I reached 2nd place on the Sundy race because I used a different, longer road (I got all the way up to Impact Site) than the others who took the straight road but ended in up a fight and pretty much all died. I might even have won it if I had managed to take the turn at Seabed (I dearly missed my usual climbing chassis !!!).

But as I said, it's only a personal preference and can understand if people prefer quieter races. When we race again, if I'm the one organizing it, I will ask people if they want a quiet or an eventful race.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 12-06-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I missed most of the night and havent read the whole thread so apologies if this actually did happen but have you considered a smaller circuit race with multiple laps? Probably need to be honour system or have someone do the counting from sidelines but im thinking in and around a biolab or amp station could be cool.

Plus then we could get more than eight seconds of footage!

Has anyone tried a triathlon yet? skythe-harasser-sundy?
    AKA Rushtone

We did at least Air-Vehicle - Ground-Vehicle at the last Silly Monday

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So yeah, coffeetable should be doing something with us tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Yes! In that case I may put off the video from last night and try to get some stuff tonight. Tbh ive rushed things with not enough material to know that 3 minutes of people running around TR warpage in the dark wont be as cool as 1.5 minutes of it interspersed with silly mondayness.

On that note did you do any filming last night cmaster? If you have anything that isnt the warpgate war perhaps we could collaborate?

Network Hub
    I WILL BE RUNNING TEAMKILLING (within the platoon, no worries laldy) FUN AND GAMES TONIGHT. 7PM. I SHOULD'VE MADE AN EVENT ON THE WEBSITE. I DIDN'T. SORRY CMASTER.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    On that note did you do any filming last night cmaster? If you have anything that isnt the warpgate war perhaps we could collaborate?
    Nothing much good. I'm sitting on a huge (about 750gb I think) pile of footage that needs sorting/using at the moment). But most of what I've got from last night (and there isn't very much) is either dull, starts and stops at odd times, or is of the clusterfuck towards Hidden Ridge. There is a rather nice gal drop though, where I turn my gal in 0 space under heavy flak.

Network Hub
    Summary:
    - Knife & grenade melee
    - Galaxy wrestling
    - Infiltrator knife platoon
    - Scythe conga
    - Continent-wide free for all.
    Special commendations to Graerth and Krabatzkalek for chasing eachother all the way to the TR and then NC warpgates during the free-for-all.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thought i'd be cleaver by going hide near enemy tech plant with wraith flash as everyone seemed to take libs or mags in a giant "Hah, try get your bulky asses at me now, huh!", but as usual, they were all incompetent so Krabatzkalek just kept on chasing and chasing, until we ran to warpgates, and then out of time so ended it in a tie (i actually drove that flash back to our own warpgate afterwards).

Srsly, how can the whole armies air forces and tanks not see and destroy a single magrider that deep into their area?

Maybe you didn't render?