Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Maybe you didn't render?
    It's a Magrider, the biggest blobby tank that there is in the game and shouldn't vehicles usually render from 500m or something? Not that TR woulda even noticed my flash, NC atleast noticed that and gave chase at one point abit (pretty tense when you're fleeing from a harasser and drive from 5 meters away of enemy lightnings.)

You just don't have enough skill to drive a Magrider from one enemy WG to another without getting shot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

And download at http://games.linxsoft.co.uk/files/vi...llymonday9.mp4

Nothing worth putting in the video from Infiltration and (obviously) hide and seek.

I won't be available to film next week's making it the first one I've missed

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Nice! Looks like fun times were had.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    When I was looking through my footage of the skywhale wrestling I couldn't for the life of me think how to get an engaging video out of it. I'm being entirely sincere when I say I wish I'd thought to use panpipes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Where the hell did you find that first tune? Also the panpipes are perfect - such majesty.

Something's come up. I might not be able to make it Monday, but it's not sure yet...

Still not sure. I think I'll have to call this off. I might be on tonight, but it's likely I won't be able to make it the full time. If anyone else wants to run the idea they're welcome (and I'll send them the idea in a PM).

I did manage to do this. We did Hunger Games. The contestants are dropped somewhere on the continent (with their HUD off and alt-tabbed during the ride) and have to make it back to the warpgate with their HUD off (and they can't use a map). The friendly warpgate, btw. EJOlmos won the first, Squidguts the second.

Oh my, that sounds a lot of fun, i wish i could have participated

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I did manage to do this. We did Hunger Games. The contestants are dropped somewhere on the continent (with their HUD off and alt-tabbed during the ride) and have to make it back to the warpgate with their HUD off (and they can't use a map). The friendly warpgate, btw. EJOlmos won the first, Squidguts the second.
    This was a lot of fun, and something really different to do. Definitely worth repeating to let those who missed it this time around have a go.

good job Boris

Sounds awesome. Could you pull vehicles if you found a friendly base?

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    Sounds awesome. Could you pull vehicles if you found a friendly base?
    The first run we did, no.

Second run: If you can do so without turning on your interface. Which I heard is possible if you manage to click on the right parts of the screen, but I haven't tried that.

The winners disregarded vehicles and acquired currency used drifter jets instead.

I seemed to be attracted to the TR warpgate in the Hunger Games(caps?). I ended up visiting it 3 times over the two rounds we have. At no point did I see a single friendly Vanu.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAssistMaster View Post
    I seemed to be attracted to the TR warpgate in the Hunger Games(caps?). I ended up visiting it 3 times over the two rounds we have. At no point did I see a single friendly Vanu.
    Weren't you the one who ran to the TR warpgate, found out you were at the wrong gate and then proceeded to run towards the NC gate?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I was just heading in the right direction when I was shot by a TR sunderer. Should teach me to stay away from the roads.

Man, this sounds amazing! If we do it again, there is no way I'm going to miss it
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

The last time we did a race, I had two or three people giving me indications about where to go and I was still getting lost, so I don't think a Hunger Game would be good for me.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    You've got me thinking of a variant, Battle Royale. Similar principal, but instead of random drops everyone is in the same deserted large base. HUD still off, but nearby to each other. Before starting the event everyone uses a random number generator twice, once to determine your class and once again to determine the one piece of offensive equipment you can use. So you may end up with a Heavy Assault armed with just a knife. Then it's hunt and destroy, use your guile to survive. You could even have pairs of contestants like from BR2 if you're feeling frisky.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    You've got me thinking of a variant, Battle Royale. Similar principal, but instead of random drops everyone is in the same deserted large base. HUD still off, but nearby to each other. Before starting the event everyone uses a random number generator twice, once to determine your class and once again to determine the one piece of offensive equipment you can use. So you may end up with a Heavy Assault armed with just a knife. Then it's hunt and destroy, use your guile to survive. You could even have pairs of contestants like from BR2 if you're feeling frisky.
    So much this. Gutted I missed the Hunger Games, but I was away teaching people how to play boardgames.