Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    +1 this is a fantastic idea. Second Rei's idea of a reddit announcement, we'll just have to hope people play along and don't just stand around in AI Maxes racking dem zombie killz.
    They have to run out of ammo some time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    BRAAAAAAAINS!!! *over proximity voice*

Edit: i.e. I'm in!

Obscure Node
    Great idea.

Would totally take part in this.

Oh my...Didn't expect an unanimous positive feedback. Guess I have to make this happen then.

Next Monday, 21H CEST (20h BST) seems the best time, because we need to gather people before starting it. I hope that jaguar can make it, I'm sure there will be see some footage to take.

I agree that Reddit might be a good idea. If anyone is ok with that, we will warm Reddit Planetside on Sunday (so it doesn't get lost and enough people can see it). Ideally i would like jaguarskills to post it, because he's got some credits on the Reddit (whereas I'm only lurking).
    Last edited by Ksempac; 24-07-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Bah, I'm not going to be around next Monday, most likely. I'll probably be going away to prepare for funerals and all that jazz...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I have no plans that day so ill do everything I can to be there since it sounds awesome as fuck.

Though if it goes well we have to do it again another time so I can play too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    So seeing the RTRS/RPS video, i had an idea that is definitely silly
    ...though possibly too silly
    ...or undoable.
    ...you tell me.

MONDAY NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES

So the basic idea is that we all create BR1 Vanu Alts with a name like Zombie9302. A few of us would be named ZombieLeader1, ZombieLeader2, etc.

ZombieLeaders create squads for Zombies to join. Once squad is made, Leader pull a Gal, and drop his zombies in a contested territory (though one with already a majority of Vanu).

Once on the ground...well it's time for the invasion : the zombies (no matter which squad they are in) all rush together on any NC or TR infantry they see. Of course "/yell BRAAAAAIIIINS" and similar stuff is totally acceptable zombie behavior. However, being Zombies, they obviously don't have fire arms, so zombies are restricted to knife only (too bad there is no bite attack in this game). When a zombie kills someone with his knife, he sends him a tell "The zombies killed you. Join the Zombie Army. Create a Vanu Alt, and wait at Warpgate for a ZombieLeader to pick you up for the invasion".

ZombieLeaders will not participate directly, they will provide Gal services for new and/or respawning zombies, always returning to warpgate and using /re to get Zombies in their Gal (preferably add them in squad too so that you can restrict your Gal to Zombies only).

I have no idea if that would actually work, it might ends up with a mass suicide against an armed enemy group and/or people not wanting to join the Zombie Army. Or it might ends up with enemies fleeing at the mere sight of the hord of running zombies.
    Anyway, I had to get this idea out of my braaaaaaaain. So yeah, now, you tell me, does this look fun ? should we try it ?

PS : for anyone wondering, this came as a reaction to the single NC guy being pursued by all the Giraffes, and not a particular love of zombies. I actually dislike most zombie-based stuff.
    AMAZING... <3. I love you for this, Ksempac :P.. Never have I heard a more brilliant idea. Proximity chat is a must. Imagine a platoon of people proximity chatting with grunts and moans... the people will freak the fuck out!

Even if there is a massive army of people, so long as we co-ordinate enough people into one area before we move, it will still be hilarious watching a bunch of people with knives and no bullets running at a bunch of guys like "wtf".

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Its absolutely genius. It needs to happen.
    I must DEMAND that if this goes to plan, the video for it go on the main youtube channel :P.

Title: Silly Monday night of the living dead

Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Proximity chat is a must. Imagine a platoon of people proximity chatting with grunts and moans... the people will freak the fuck out!
    Genius.

I'll be turning on prox chat for this.

Eso > that sucks...I hope this one goes well and you get to join us in the second

jaguar > I don't want to deprive you of your fun, I was thinking more like "you play zombie and film at the same time". I just hope that we can get a few shots to remember that night. I'm not expecting an arthouse movie or anything complicated like you usually do. But well, I'm not gonna tell you what should or shouldn't do, you will decide by yourself. I just don't want you to feel forced to do something you don't want to.

BasicPauly > yes proximity chat was definitely in my list of good stuff to do during that night.

Ok, to organize this, I need 2-3 volunteers who :
    - are sure to be there for the event
    - are OK with being ZombieLeaders (meaning doing Gal runs, recruiting zombies at warpgate and so not directly participating in the event).
    Volunteers need to create a Vanu Alt (with name like ZombieLeaderX where X is your leader number) ASAP and ensure that char will have full air ressources before Monday.
    Best way to do that is simply to idle at warpgates, and hop in between continents to get every "ressources tick" on each continent. Might be also useful to have a few certs in Gal timer.
    Can be quite fast to do when we have enough territories (around 100 air resources/tick in a good continent). I've already created ZombieLeader1 and started filling up his ressources.
    Not having Gal could be a show-stopper, so we need to be able to pull some right away. I expect that once the show starts, we will be able to ask Zombies to pull for us, but Zombies won't start with enough ressources for a Gal. I created ZombieLeader1 to check : a new char starts with 200 air ressources.

Might I suggest that we have our alts be something like "Zombie+short part of name" Like:
    -Zombie Basic
    -Zombie Paul

? Or did you want it to be more obscure mess of people with zombie as all that was really obvious from the name?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Eso > that sucks...I hope this one goes well and you get to join us in the second

jaguar > I don't want to deprive you of your fun, I was thinking more like "you play zombie and film at the same time". I just hope that we can get a few shots to remember that night. I'm not expecting an arthouse movie or anything complicated like you usually do. But well, I'm not gonna tell you what should or shouldn't do, you will decide by yourself. I just don't want you to feel forced to do something you don't want to.
    Not at all, obviously it's something I enjoy doing or I wouldn't do it as often as I do. Just saying that if it turns out to be as much fun as it sounds I'll probably wrap up earlier than I normally would to join in or at least hope there turns out to be another. Every now and again, there's an idea that's almost too awesome and this is one of them.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

I want generic names for three reasons :
    - make it more like an undefinite, potentially infinite, crowd if you see yells by zombie1946, zombie4631 and zombie2349
    - it's easy for others to join, just pick a number. Also avoid people thinking it's an RPS-only thing
    - and finally i want Zombie Leaders to have a name very recognisable and easy to send /tell to because i want people to contact them at the warpgate

Ok, fair enough!

Zombie 8451C it is then
    Zombie BASIC (See what I did there? :3)

Still need at least 2 volunteers to be Zombie Leader !

Still needs at least 2 volunteers. I know everyone love to be a shambling moaning shell of a human, but that thing won't happen if we don't have gal transport services !

I'd volunteer, but I don't know if I can make it, so I won't. :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I hereby volunteer for the ZombieLeader2 position.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    I hereby volunteer for the ZombieLeader2 position.
    You're in, please create your char when you get the time and ensure it has full air ressources (and a few points in Gal timer would be nice too). Thank you

Eso > no problem, i understand

Ksempac, we have a few gal pilots who don't really use the forums. Perhaps ask someone like artorious next time you see him ingame?