Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    You're in, please create your char when you get the time and ensure it has full air ressources (and a few points in Gal timer would be nice too). Thank you
    This has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Ksempac, we have a few gal pilots who don't really use the forums. Perhaps ask someone like artorious next time you see him ingame?
    I've been making announcements ingame too. Not recruiting Gal pilots in particular, but asking for volunteers.

Activated Node
    I really like this idea and I hope I get the internet sorted at my new place in time to come and zombie it up with you guys!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm going to try one of these again (probably fairly short) next Monday.

So show up and get ready for a showdown.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I had a thought for a silly monday, might be the same as Boris' suggestion. So Boris' was Hunger Games but I'm not sure how much fighting there was because the maps are huge and populated with other people. Where can we find a smaller map that's empty???

Hossin!

So we would drop people in pairs in random places on the map without them knowing where they are (at all, because it's a new map!) and then they have to wander around until they find other people. They then have a DayZ moment and decide whether to fight or join up. However, ultimately the winner will be a single person. People might try lone wolfing it or we might get two massive gangs roaming the map and those gangs later break down into civil war. Would this work? Does anyone want to try it?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Network Hub
    Here are two ideas I have been saving for a Silly Monday:

Magball
    Two teams of magriders start 50m apart on a stretch of relatively flat (but not obstacle free) ground in VR. Halfway between the two teams, a platoon waypoint is set and a scythe (The ball) placed on top of it. The teams compete in three minute rounds to push the ball as far in to their opponents territory as possible, as measured from the waypoint. The round ends immediately if the scythe is destroyed from being ground into the dirt (which may be the most common way rounds end!)

The scythe has a pilot (preferably someone recording) so that it doesn't take vehicle collision or weapon damage, but the pilot isn't allowed to move except to try and keep upright if possible. The teams swap sides every round to even out any terrain advantages.

In the event of a draw, the game enters sudden death overtime, where the teams can choose any vehicle they want, including Sunderers and Galaxies.

The Aussie-Rules Galaxy Race
    Galaxy races are old hat, but this has a literal twist. Pilots are required to complete the entire course in the proper Australian fashion, upside down. Galaxies become surprisingly unstable when inverted, which along with a couple of dozen participants should result in a reliable amount of carnage.

The course is a set of waypoints to follow in order, zigzaging through terrain, then a return by following the waypoints in reverse order. The means that people who crash early and have to respawn have every chance of meeting the better pilots on their return leg in a quite physical way. Naturally, given this is Aussie-rules, a full contact approach is both allowed and strongly recommended.
    Last edited by Eleven; 08-08-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Both awesome ideas! Mag ball made me think of Mag sumo: two magriders in a ring, first to flip the other wins.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Naturally, given this is Aussie-rules, a full contact approach is both allowed and strongly recommended.
    I approve of this message.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I got deja vu as I thought of this so apologies if I'm subconsciously ripping someone off here but how about;

TAKE THE HOSTAGE

One person agrees to roll a TR/NC alt, they can call themselves something like SUPER_VIP or something recognisable. They then pop some camo on that will stand out well against the other enemy units and find a big battle anywhere on the map. For extra silly points perhaps a battle thats taking place with no Vanu at all and no strategic value for the Vanu TO be there.

Next, a team of giraffes inserts themselves into the fray, by gal drop or whatever method they decide suits the mission most. They have to get within capping distance of the point, at which point the VIP is obliged to follow them where-ever they go next. They have to get him to a Vanu base unharmed by any means necessary. The team can pull vehicles, but at least one member must be on foot and within 10m of the VIP at all times if he is to follow.

Probably needs a lot of refining but I think it could be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

I'm liking a lot of theses ideas, but can we please have people commit to run them like "Ok on Monday Xth I'm running Idea Y" ? Otherwise, we always throw lot of great ideas, but nothing actually happen when Monday comes. I think CMaster reserved next Monday ? can he confirm ?

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I got deja vu as I thought of this so apologies if I'm subconsciously ripping someone off here but how about;

TAKE THE HOSTAGE

One person agrees to roll a TR/NC alt, they can call themselves something like SUPER_VIP or something recognisable. They then pop some camo on that will stand out well against the other enemy units and find a big battle anywhere on the map. For extra silly points perhaps a battle thats taking place with no Vanu at all and no strategic value for the Vanu TO be there.

Next, a team of giraffes inserts themselves into the fray, by gal drop or whatever method they decide suits the mission most. They have to get within capping distance of the point, at which point the VIP is obliged to follow them where-ever they go next. They have to get him to a Vanu base unharmed by any means necessary. The team can pull vehicles, but at least one member must be on foot and within 10m of the VIP at all times if he is to follow.

Probably needs a lot of refining but I think it could be fun!
    Your deja vu feeling might be because someone posted a video of an NC outfit and a TR outfit doing that. 3/4 TR hostages hidden somewhere in a continent. Others TR didn't know which base the hostages were in, they had an hour to locate that base, and then organize the rescue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Yeah I remember that, but my idea is the bit that happens before they do that. They were guarding hostages, my thing is to actually capture the hostages.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

That was the dudes from ShackTac, that kind of scenario is their bread and butter, as they usually do ARMA stuff. Harder to do in PS2, but I love the idea, so I'm certainly up for giving it a shot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Back when the revolvers were released, I had the idea to do a session with duels at The Palisade. Months later it finally happened, at Camp Waterson, without me doing anything but bringing my Commissioner!

This was great fun! Thanks CMaster.

I see you posted it on Reddit as well! Here's the link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...n_the_west_is/

Network Hub
    I'm sad I missed this!

I want to try a game of Magball on a Silly Monday, and I'm considering next week, the 19th of August. Does anybody else want to collaborate and run some silly events on the same evening?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Lakroy! This continent isn't big enough for the two of us, you dirty rotten scoundrel. We never got to find out who was the quickest draw between us ;-)

Nice video cmaster, I liked the mood-setting intro. The "draw" seemed a little bit out place though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Great video, excellent idea and the setting/atmosphere is perfect. One question - was the base actually TR controlled? Also why?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    The "draw" seemed a little bit out place though.
    Kept expecting a 'Drah!', wild west style.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Lakroy! This continent isn't big enough for the two of us, you dirty rotten scoundrel. We never got to find out who was the quickest draw between us ;-)
    Yeah, LaKroy's weapon lock put an end to that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Great video, excellent idea and the setting/atmosphere is perfect. One question - was the base actually TR controlled? Also why?
    Because the appropriate setting was a flat desert base with a road through it, where we wouldn't be disturbed. Camp Waterson did a good job of that, being right up in the NE near the TR gate, while NC were pushed back beyond Rashnu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    The "draw" seemed a little bit out place though.
    Kept expecting a 'Drah!', wild west style.
    I felt an audio que was needed to explain what was happening. If Jakkar had been on earlier, I'd have had him doing the voice-over, but it felt silly to ask him for it afterwards, so I just chopped out one instance of the use we actually had and reused ( couldn't included recorder sound, too much giggling and off-topic chat.)

Damn, bummed I missed that, especially because it was due to work.