Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Network Hub

The end is nigh: Brutal legend coming to PC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    The bronasium link looks legit. Freaking ACE, been wanting to get my hands on this for a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I always hoped we will get game few months after console release then nothing happened...NOTHING! And now this,niceeee!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    hope so. I have the PS3 copy but can't stand FPS gamepad controls on console (by which I mean the left trigger/right trigger / analogue stick nonsense). Literally haven't touched it after a 2 hour playthrough, 3 years ago.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Looks suspicious. I'm quite sure I've read that the reason they didn't do a pc port was that it would require to re-licence the extensive song library which would be cost-prohibitive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There are parts of this game which are awesome - but the "RTS"-a-like bits are really, really, really DIRE and drag the whole experience down (to the point you'll eventually quit in disgust I reckon)...

Licencing all the music for a 'budget re-release' seems deeply unlikely too - and without the music it's pointless...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    True, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I've manually checked the CDR, and indeed, the entry is there, so it's 4 realz.

Obscure Node
    Played this game twice. I really like parts of it. Other parts concerned me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The strange mix of RTS elements didn't quite work out, but this game has a lot of other stuff going for it. The animation, voiceacting, and music are fantastic. There's the zany Schafer character design and a landscape formed from the husks of the god of metal. Hell, I even like the bits of lore which the narrator tears into with such relish. Already finished it a couple of times but if there is a DRM-free PC version, I'll grab it again.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Guardian View Post
    Looks suspicious. I'm quite sure I've read that the reason they didn't do a pc port was that it would require to re-licence the extensive song library which would be cost-prohibitive.
    That doesn't make much sense to me. The song licensing should be tied to the game, not the platform. A brand new game would require re-licensing, but re-releasing the existing title on a new platform shouldn't.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I hate Jack Black as much as a person can hate another person he doesn't know.

I like the little men,why hate men,why!?

The video kind of sums it up. Maybe there's more to this game than traditional Jack Black stuff. I don't want to find out.

There was time I didn't care about this game.

Then I saw this video.

Then I realized I had made a horrible mistake.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

My DAC and amp are turned off, so I don't have sound, but okay, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    My DAC and amp are turned off, so I don't have sound, but okay, lol.
    Turn them on. Turn them on right now and watch it. It's essential I tell you!
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

You don't need no sound for this..Can't believe people don't like this game,it looks awesomeeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Turn them on. Turn them on right now and watch it. It's essential I tell you!
    Alright. I'm a little bit sold.

Oh myyy! /10char

To this day I don't understand the backlash Brutal Legend received. There's not a single part of it's gameplay I didn't enjoy, but in some ways that was secondary, because its art design/overworld are quite possible the best I've ever seen. It's incredible.

My issue with it is actually one no one ever really talks about - without getting too into spoilers the game is really divided into two acts, and I never really bought the events/decisions that led to the transition, and subsequently thought that Act 2's narrative sort of unwound. Didn't stop it from being one of my favorite games of the year, though.