Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Network Hub

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhazor View Post
    Kr-mother fucking-eia
    The baddest granny in the galaxy.

"She has brought truth and you condemn it. The arrogance! You will not harm her, you will not harm her EVER again."

Exile: "And I thought I was cold."
    *Smiles* "Oh, you have promise. But wait until you have more years fall upon you, and you will see what a shell your heart will become."

"What do you wish to hear? That I once believed in the code of the Jedi? That I felt the call of the Sith, that perhaps, once, I held the galaxy by its throat? That for every good deed I did, I brought equal harm upon the galaxy? That perhaps what the greatest of the Sith Lords knew of evil, they learned from me?"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Vrook: "You were deafened."

Kreia: "At last, you could hear."

Kavar: "You were broken."

Kreia: "You were whole."

Zez-Kai Ell: "You were blinded."

Kreia: "And at last... you saw."

also:

Kreia: "And do not mate with her. Whatever you may feel, whatever urges consume you, do not let them control you, such union would breed... difficulties."

Exile: "Just because I saved her doesn't mean I was going to charge up her loading ramp."

also:

Is this an in joke or something?
    Last edited by Sketch; 25-01-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    steam: sketch

Having been shown counter evidence I am forced to admit that there are indeed characters in Kotor 2 that aren't Kriea.

HK-47 watching two party members play space poker
    Warning: If you pull out another +/- 1 I will initiate assassination protocols.
    G0-TO (the very definition of Lawful Evil) upon saving someone
    Amendment sixteen hundred and ninety-five of the Khoonda civil code allows us to sell you into slavery..."Paragraph twelve: "salvageable items include organic matter incapable of leaving the boundaries of the salvage area..."
    Mira giving the "girl talk"
    It's simple - when you want a man, you jab him with a bothan stunner, then while he's screaming in pain, slap some stun cuffs on him. Then starve him for three or four days until he's open to suggestion.... call it what you like, I love my targets
    Really quotes like that remind me about Avellone's own views on CRPG romance
    The only reason the romance bits in Mask of the Betrayer worked was because George Ziets helped me with them since he was able to describe what love is to me and explain how it works (I almost asked for a PowerPoint presentation). It seems like a messy, complicated process, not unlike a waterbirth. Don’t even get me started on the kissing aspects, which is revolting because people EAT with their mouths. Bleh.

So if I were to implement a romance subplot in Eternity - I wouldn’t. I’d examine interpersonal relationships from another angle and I wouldn’t confine it to love and romance. Maybe I’d explore it after a “loving” relationship crashed and burned, and one or both was killed in the aftermath enough for them to see if it had really been worth it spending the last few years of their physical existence chained to each other in a dance of human misery and/or a plateau of soul-killing compromise. Or maybe I’d explore a veteran’s love affair with his craft of murder and allowing souls to be freed to travel beyond their bleeding shell, or a Cipher’s obsession with plucking the emotions of deep-rooted souls to try and see what makes people attracted to each other beyond their baser instincts and discovers love... specifically, his love of manipulating others. You could build an entire dungeon and quest where he devotes himself to replicating facsimiles of love, reducer a Higher Love to a baser thing and using NPCs he encounters as puppets for his experimentations, turning something supposedly beautiful into something filthy, mechanical, but surrounded by blank-eyed soul-twisted drones echoing all the hollow Disney-like platitudes and fairy tale existence where everyone lives happily ever after.
    http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/...ject-eternity/
    "Project Eternity: The feelgood laugh-a-minute romantic comedy"

As for bad nan's my favourite is still Lucille Bluth.
    Last edited by Bhazor; 25-01-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Batolemaeus View Post
    Hell, all the G-Men quotes. Everything is delightfully odd about them.
    "Although over time my husband will desire me less sexually, he will always enjoy my pies."

Let's play "guess the game". A cookie, if you get them all:

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1
    Do you think that life's supposed to be some pretty picture without any misery in it? Life IS misery! Misery, and whatever the Hell we decide to do about it! Coping! Loving! Screwing! Hating! Taking chances! Boring people! Bashing assholes! Making friends with other assholes! Running away from your mistakes! Facing your mistakes! Radiation! Having kids and doing the same thing over again, sometimes better, sometimes worse! That is life, man! It's like being drunk; look at it one way, and it's a piss poor embarrassment! Look at it a different way and it feels great! But it's all the same thing! It's all life!
    Quote Originally Posted by No. 2
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by No. 3
    If only I could show you the places I have seen, you might understand the things I say. I have been to the Desolate Lands, wandered by those souls who still see the lands of the living but wear the cloak of the dead. Blind to their own ends, they cry, passing through one another like shadows in the dying light of day. I have travelled to where souls rot in torment, pierced with the jagged shards of life and vision, clinging to memory -- regrets of the flesh. I saw that this prison was of their own making, and that the key was in unknowing, in release... and still, I travelled on.
    And finally, I came to the place where souls go to die. Where the mirrored and worn spirits fall into an endless sea of grey, mirrored glass... and I lowered myself within...and lay among them... and I almost did not return.
    And do you know what I found there? There, among the silent and battered shells of the innumerable? Peace. Enlightenment. Truth. Only then I realized that this place, this "Life", is an abomination, a horrible distortion of the natural order. This "Life", who mothered Pain, and Fear, and Envy - these twisted children who exist only because we are here to feed them, to nourish them. This "Life", this... afterthought - a disturbance, a mere ripple in that great, dead sea, not even the cause, but merely an effect, sending these souls upwards, screaming for release from the day they are torn from their waters! The effect of what!
    I do not know. Nor do I care.

If only I could find videos of these without some stupid kid's "commentary"...

"Oh my god, he's dead. Quick if he hasn't started to smell, give him the kiss of life!"

"You think fate has anything to do with this? Fate is merely the warcry of those too scared to think for themselves!"
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Let's play "guess the game". A cookie, if you get them all:
    2nd one is the insane supercomputer AM from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. I feel like I should know the other two, but nothing springs to mind.

Could you break off a third of the cookie?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I also would like to claim a third of that cookie (if it is of a delicious kind) because I happen to know that the third quote is from Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

(I almost thought it sounded like something that would come from Mask of the Betrayer, but then I realized "Wait! I can hear the voice that said those words...I know that voice!")
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    "Ahhh...no pit would be complete without a Freeman climbing out of it."
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

-"Within the week there will be old men running the world"
    -"No, within six months"

Quick off-note to say I can't believe we didn't have this thread before. It's excellent.

"If we was bigger we'd be gougin' yer eyes out sonny, I'd come out dere and beat yer ass m'self, but uh I got a back pain... We're comin' out now, so you be a good boy and BEHAVE! Little peckerhead..."

"But Tommy, he hears that! The mic's still on!"

"The mic's off yeh idiot! He didn't hear shit."

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    2nd one is the insane supercomputer AM from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. I feel like I should know the other two, but nothing springs to mind.
    Have one third of a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I also would like to claim a third of that cookie (if it is of a delicious kind) because I happen to know that the third quote is from Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.
    Have one third as well.

The first quote is probably the hardest one to guess because it comes from a completely optional and easy-to-miss NPC. However, the conversation with him is one of the game's highlights for me.

not a memorable quote by any stretch of the imagination, but there's this guy in Vizima's Trade Quarter who always says:

"A witcher! quick, hide your women"

made me smile every time.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Some Sam & Max, Season 1:

Sam: "We're the Freelance Police. We're here to keep the peace."
    Max: "Violently, if possible!"

Sam: (looking at Sybil's tiki) "Ah, the tiki. Holdover from the days when you could sell all kinds of cheap crap without a successful children's television show."
    Max: "Envious?"
    Sam: "A little."

Sam: "Random but innocuous comment."
    Max: "Irreverent reply which hints at mental instability!"
    Sam: "You crack me up, little buddy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Quick off-note to say I can't believe we didn't have this thread before. It's excellent.
    I could live here. Gonna' build myself a little nest in the rafters.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

Beckett: In the last few seconds, I've had very few epiphanies. I may be old, but I didn't build it. How knowledgeable are you on ancient Assyrian funerary constructs?
    Malkavian: "TNT" and "key" have the same amount of letters.
    Beckett: Ugh! Yes, how foolish of me, that would be the sound, reasonable course of action. A priceless piece of history - by all means run out and pick up some TNT.

Newscaster
    : [to the crazy Malkavian character, through the TV set] Police don't have any suspects at this time, but they're pretty sure that it was you.

Heather: While you were gone, I tapped my foot over three thousand times. I-I don't know why I counted... huh.
    Malkavian: Now we know how many foot taps it takes to make me appear. Wonderful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Some Sam & Max, Season 1:

Sam: "We're the Freelance Police. We're here to keep the peace."
    Max: "Violently, if possible!"

Sam: (looking at Sybil's tiki) "Ah, the tiki. Holdover from the days when you could sell all kinds of cheap crap without a successful children's television show."
    Max: "Envious?"
    Sam: "A little."

Sam: "Random but innocuous comment."
    Max: "Irreverent reply which hints at mental instability!"
    Sam: "You crack me up, little buddy!"
    Sam and Max are another quote machines.

Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

"And do not mate with her. Whatever you may feel, whatever... urges consume you, do not let them control you. Such a union would breed... difficulties."
    "Just because I saved her doesn't mean I was going to charge up her loading ramp."

"It has a pip-squeaky voice, so much like a female, but also like many of the lesser mortal races. Is it female?"
    "No, I'm not female."
    "But it looks so female. How can I be certain?"
    "I suppose I could show you. Stand back, I'll need a lot of room."
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Sam and Max are another quote machines
    Sam: Max is all short-term memory. I have to bring him up to speed every once in a while.
    Max: [screams] Giant talking dog!

Sam: Hey buddy, I'll give you this cool gun if you let us in the lab!
    Guard: Scram.
    Max: Really, Sam? That's the best you've got for "use gun with gorilla?" It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Max: Awww. I was hoping we'd teleport under an immovable pile of rubble and debris. Trapped for weeks, we'd be forced to resort to cannibalism just to survive.
    Sam: You keep coming up with creepy disaster scenarios that always end with you eating me, Max. It's getting annoying.
    Max: If you don't like it, then stop looking so damn tasty.