Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    If I don't have the ability to induce Branchmaim, then pretty much I'm not playing. I fired my +1ST fling last night, with an eye on my game against Cyberpunkdreams. That boy was 100TV and not really up to much.
    To be honest, I hated him a little during our game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    He actually got a casualty against a chaos team earlier in the season, but if it's a choice of him or a star player against CPD...

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    He actually got a casualty against a chaos team earlier in the season, but if it's a choice of him or a star player against CPD...
    Luckily your star player spent half the match chilling out in the dugout ;).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But she did get up to injure your chainsaw. So it was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    They are not able to tap into throwing players like Orcs trolls so its a funny one. They are excellent "linemen", a position you'd otherwise fill with squishly elves.Get him guard and he's suddenly tipping things in your favour on the LOS somewhat. I'd call the tree essential, second only to the mummy in essentialness as big guys go.
    Not sure if it's still the case, but because wood elf catchers are only st2, they had access to right stuff as a skill... and treemen had access to throw team mate. I've seen it done :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post
    Not sure if it's still the case, but because wood elf catchers are only st2, they had access to right stuff as a skill... and treemen had access to throw team mate. I've seen it done :p

That used to be the case, but Right Stuff was moved from Agility skills to Extraordinary skills in LRB4 or 5. Rather than the old ST2 requirement, it's now unattainable unless you started with it.

Ah fair enough. Back in the day I used to have a Black orc who could throw a goblin after he got a +str to 5. I'm busy trying to get up to date n some of the newer stuff [like fend, fend looks like it could be a winner for elfs]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post
    [like fend, fend looks like it could be a winner for elfs]
    Fend+sidestep is magnificent.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Fend is good for elves, the problem is when are you gonna take it. It's ace on lineelves on the LOS, but you probably want blodge/wrodge first there anyway and maybe sidestep or tackle before fend too. Elven positionals also have lots of good picks before they'll consider fend. I've gotten most use out of it on ag3/av 7 linemen, so skaven/norse/thralls in particular.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If you have AV7 line-elves, I am very much inclined to take Fend as the first skill. It protects them from the most injurious players (as an effective counter for Frenzy and Piling On), slows the opposing line down and means you have to make fewer dodge rolls to escape.

AV8 line-elves, I trust ever so slightly more to not die.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Norse linemen are perfect for fend as a first skill. Other than dirty player I can't think of any other general skill I would like them to have. For skaven/thralls I would have thought that wrestle was better first off.