Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I was shocked by the typical chauvinistic attitude displayed towards women. I threw up three times (per viewing) and posted about it on the internet.

you people are abnormal haha.

I thought the original was quite fitting as well. They're both alright, if anything the remake is slightly better.

yeah i think i prefer this version has a blade runner style feel to the atmosphere and allot of game trailers seem to be going down this route nowadays of the original theme tune of the Cyberpunk trailer

I wasn't a huge fan of the original trailer music, but am still very excited for the game. I'm liking this re-score a lot more.

Obscure Node
    I had made one as well, with Muse "Isolated System" music here:

Cant wait for the game!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I like your version ludotex! :D

Yeah i'm liking that too!

That was much better. Thanks for that ludotex.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Activated Node
    Way more fitting music, thanks for the post. I really didn't like the music in the first one, and it doesn't feel cyberpunk either.

BTW for electronica connoisseurs .. what kind of music would you classify that as? I've heard it a few times but I'm not sure what it is, but I want more of it.
    Last edited by noxnoctum; 28-01-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Banned
    So did anyone do one with Guile's Theme yet?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noxnoctum View Post
    BTW for electronica connoisseurs .. what kind of music would you classify that as? I've heard it a few times but I'm not sure what it is, but I want more of it.
    Sounds like a homage to 80's movie soundtracks. If you want no vocals - try OSTs from Drive and Social Network. If you want to "go deeper" and don't mind ocassional vocals I'd recommend digging into Ishkur's guide to electronic music. You also might want to check last.fm on tags like "darkwave", "coldwave"( French one, American doesn't really fit here), "new wave" or just plain "80's". Or you can just listen to Gary Numan's older stuff, Kraftwerk, Front 242 or something.

Wait, and THIS was the trailer everyone went ballistic about with "sexism!" cries and whatnot?
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 28-01-2013 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by noxnoctum View Post
    Way more fitting music, thanks for the post. I really didn't like the music in the first one, and it doesn't feel cyberpunk either.

Here's the remake's author soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/daataa

Yes, he has a very's 80's sound (he uses a lot of virtual FM synths, if you are into these things), although the production is definitely up to modern standards.

Edit: he's made a full title off the cyberpunk score. It's not my favourite of his, but my point was being more about atmosphere than score quality.
    Last edited by Kapouille; 05-02-2013 at 09:22 PM.

I am going to re-orchestrate this video with "Pearl Harbor Sucked and I Miss You".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Apparently re-cutting this trailer is a pretty popular thing to do. I just like Perturbator, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Apparently re-cutting this trailer is a pretty popular thing to do. I just like Perturbator, myself.
    This is a pretty good one as well. Just shows there were perhaps more than a few thinking "WTF??!!11" with regards to the original music ambiance of the trailer.

Or maybe that was an intentional marketing stunt to get people talking about it and create a community buzz :)

(If I have one reservation about this interpretation, that would be a lack of integration with the trailer itself. Although it musically is good and has a nice flow on its own, it sounds detached to the various video sequences of the trailer.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    This is a pretty good one as well. Just shows there were perhaps more than a few thinking "WTF??!!11" with regards to the original music ambiance of the trailer.

Or maybe that was an intentional marketing stunt to get people talking about it and create a community buzz :)

(If I have one reservation about this interpretation, that would be a lack of integration with the trailer itself. Although it musically is good and has a nice flow on its own, it sounds detached to the various video sequences of the trailer.)
    Not really. People on youtube recut/rescore stuff ALL the time. It is one of the first things anyone with video editing software considers.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.