Obscure Node

Dead space 3 : Awakened, a true ending only for 10.00$

I don't really know if this was already discussed or not, but still.
    It's pretty funny, selling true ending for 10 or so bucks in the form of short dlc.
    And there is no outcry or anything, i guess, no one really cares about dead space.

Network Hub
    There's so many EA games to moan about it's inevitable some will get overlooked

Right now all the attention is on a game everyone (who was dumb enough to ignore the DRM) actually did buy - SimCity.

Dead Space is, right now, dead. http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2507...l-put-on-hold/
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    That was pretty vehemently denied by Peter Moore which seems odd to do if the franchise is over.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    From what my friends who played DS3 have said, the game did have a proper ending.

So while they haven't yet played this DLC (one is a mooch, the other is in the arctic), all signs point to it being akin to the Mass Effect 2 DLC in the sense that it comes after/"bridges the gap". Admittedly, it is still unclear how wide that gap will end up being.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    From what i gather, DLC sort of nullify DS3 original ending, because of it cliffhangerish nature.
    If you remove cliffhanger through introduction of resolution (via DLC), it will diminish emotional and logical impact of said ending (it won't feel like an ending).
    Plus, Awakened shows pretty different outcome of your actions in core DS3, as it feels like piece of the game, that was just cut out.

And no, it's not like Arrival dlc for ME2, because core ME2 without dlc was self-contained story, with defined ending (reapers are coming and whatnot) and Arrival let you look a bit into what will happen between ME2 and ME3, but the whole ending is still the same, reapers are coming.

Obscure Node
    Having loved 1 and 2, not sure I'll even touch it. I don't see how they can improve upon 2 except by bringing the terror element back, which they clearly haven't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Aretak View Post
    Having loved 1 and 2, not sure I'll even touch it. I don't see how they can improve upon 2 except by bringing the terror element back, which they clearly haven't done.
    None of the games had terror really. The first was tense and shocking, but it wasn't terrifying.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!