Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activated Node

ME3 DLC worth it?

Just wanted to hear some thoughts from RPSers on whether any of the (story) DLC is worth it. So I guess that would be: From Ashes, Leviathan, and Omega.

I just got ME3 on a sale so that's why I ask ;).

I was impressed with the DLC for ME2 (namely the Kasumi and Shadow Broker ones), and was wondering if these 3 are of the same quality.

Activated Node
    the DLC are pretty good but pretty expensive for what they are. IMO they are def. not worth the money. However, From Ashes and Leviathan has huge implication on the overall universe and story and it is disgusting how Bioware did not include them with the game. So it's up to you, personally I wouldn't play the game without from ashes or leviathan but they should have been included in the game and too expensive for the content they offered

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    From Ashes and especially Leviathan, are important storywise. So much so Leviathan should really have been in the game. If you care about the story it's worth it, as a mission it's on par with the rest of ME3, really.
    steam: sketch

Activated Node
    I got the game on the xmas sale, and had the same dilemma.
    Eventually I bought From Ashes and Leviathan.

From Ashes doesn't add a lot of gameplay, but the added character and the missions
    add a lot to the story. I love it, definitely worth it.

Leviathan has more missions, but it's basically a patch to the story, an important one, but still a patch.
    I'm not regretting getting it, but if money's tight you could always read online about it.

Omega I skipped on after searching online about it, and got the impression that it adds a huge mission (~3 hours) but nothing unique to the story. And for 20$ it seemed to steep for me (After getting the game for 11$, and the other 2 DLC for 20$).

Either way, an awesome game! I've sank about 60 hours into it so far , including MP.
    Have fun !

The DLC is terribly overpriced, but I think From Ashes is the best value for money, followed by Leviathan. Omega isn't worth $20, especially since it's locked off and you get nothing permanent after you complete the mission.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Leviathan is, story wise, the most crucial of the ME3 DLC. As said, it smells heavily of being cut from the main game. From Ashes is also nice, it's about the Prothean after all, but more focused on history than on the current war. Omega seems completely forgettable from what I've seen here and there.

If you only pick up one, From Ashes is probably the one to get, but do read about Leviathan on the ME wikia site.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    I'd agree that this DLC is just a bit overpriced. it's a good upgrade for the game but hardly worth the money you put into it. I'll not get it if i were you.

Banned
    From somebody who owns them all, wait for a sale.

If you have to get one of em, get from ashes as it slots in the early side of the game well, is pretty vital lore wise and offers up a new squad mate!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    From somebody who owns them all, wait for a sale.

If you have to get one of em, get from ashes as it slots in the early side of the game well, is pretty vital lore wise and offers up a new squad mate!
    Thing is though, do these ever go on sale? Personally I can never ever remember a sale on any of the Bioware games dlc. I can't remember a sale on the points you have to buy, to then buy the DLC either.

Not saying it'll never happen, but I can't remember a sale ever happening on DLC as of yet for their games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I yet have to play Omega and Leviathan because it came out after I finished the game and since it would not have the same effect as playing them while I was still progressing through the story it I think I'll wait until they're done releasing DLC.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

They are fun. Worth it? Eeeh, probably not. Leviathan and From Ashes are rather short. From Ashes is like Shale, it's one mission with a lot of combat and you get a squad member that should be very important to the story and ME lore. Leviathan is longer and more heavy on story and background for the universe. These two are pretty good because they answer some questions about things.

Omega on the other hand.. well. It is combat focused through and through, you get to spend time with Carrie-uh-Aria. And see a female Turian. And there are a few new enemies which I've liked.It is mainly "more combat" though and if you like ME3 combat enough to pay that much.. well you could be playing multiplayer. Oh but you do get an overpowered ability for the adepts. Flare is like the bigger brother of Warp, it decimates pretty much everything that isn't a Banshee with a combo. I went through the Nightmare difficulty without any problems by spamming it to detonate biotic explosions.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Thing is though, do these ever go on sale? Personally I can never ever remember a sale on any of the Bioware games dlc. I can't remember a sale on the points you have to buy, to then buy the DLC either.

Not saying it'll never happen, but I can't remember a sale ever happening on DLC as of yet for their games.
    Ya I can't ever think of a sale happening for Bioware DLC either.

Well looks like I'll probably go with Leviathan and From Ashes and ignore Omega. Do I need to buy them while I'm still at the beginning of the game though? Or is it ok if I get them late?

Best to play From Ashes near the start I think, because of party banter and interactions in the ship. You can play Leviathan whenever before a certain point that the game warns you about.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    And there are a few new enemies which I've liked.
    This makes me think: DLC often adds enemies to the specific DLC quests but nowhere else. A relatively low-effort way for developers to increase the value of their DLCs to the players could be to work some of those enemies into general play. In particular this will increase the value for people who played the game on release and would have to integrate the DLC into a second playthrough.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

I'd like to see those mechs around other Cerberus missions indeed.

Banned
    Origin has offered all the previous DLC up for sale for all the games. Blatantly none of you checked out there christmas sale!

It's okay to get them late as far as I'm aware. There's a mopping up period in ME3, the game makes it clear.

ME2 and its penalties for mopping up was so much better :'(

Activated Node
    Do they ever have sales at other times?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Origin has offered all the previous DLC up for sale for all the games. Blatantly none of you checked out there christmas sale!

It's okay to get them late as far as I'm aware. There's a mopping up period in ME3, the game makes it clear.

ME2 and its penalties for mopping up was so much better :'(
    Origin has different sales for different regions. I vaguely recall that sale, seeing it was Europe only, and being annoyed.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    And see a female Turian.
    Well goddamn!! There's a female Turian?!?! I was starting to think the Turian were the counter-specie to the Asari :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wait until its bundled into an Ultimate edition. Will be cheaper than getting the DLC piecemeal. Got DA:O twice this way. Just the game when it was on sale, and later for the ulimate edition (All DLC and expansion) for the same price or less.