Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XisLoose View Post
    Well goddamn!! There's a female Turian?!?! I was starting to think the Turian were the counter-specie to the Asari :)
    Well, the Asari are the Space Vixens, and the Turians are supposed to be the Space Romans (with a heavy Confucian bent), but I think it took so long to see a female Turian because they don't have boobs and peacock less than their male counterparts, so there's nothing to display in a tight-fitting latex officer's uniform.

As for the OP, if you like ME3, get the DLC: It's more ME3. If you don't like ME3, why would you ask?

As for the "this is so integral to the story that it should have been included with the base game," you kinda want it both ways: If it's not important, you say it's pointless and shouldn't exist. If it is important, you say it's necessary and shouldn't cost extra. That kinda defines away all add-ons that aren't completely separate narratives, and stand-alones are sold nowadays to stand... alone.
    Last edited by Nalano; 28-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XisLoose View Post
    Well goddamn!! There's a female Turian?!?! I was starting to think the Turian were the counter-specie to the Asari :)
    The comics feature a bunch of em, they're similar but without the spikey head things going on.

Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    As for the "this is so integral to the story that it should have been included with the base game," you kinda want it both ways: If it's not important, you say it's pointless and shouldn't exist. If it is important, you say it's necessary and shouldn't cost extra. That kinda defines away all add-ons that aren't completely separate narratives, and stand-alones are sold nowadays to stand... alone.
    You're right of course.

My problem is not paying more ( though it would be nice if I could pay less, hehe ) but since it's DLC and not everyone will have it the story is made in a way to work without the information and events in those DLC. Both Leviathan and From Ashes have huge storyline ramifications that could have even more of an impact. Especially in Leviathan's case, all you get is another war asset, a power and some extra dialogue at the end. You'd expect what you find there to be a huge deal because it is, but it gets barely mentioned because it's DLC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    You're right of course.

My problem is not paying more ( though it would be nice if I could pay less, hehe ) but since it's DLC and not everyone will have it the story is made in a way to work without the information and events in those DLC. Both Leviathan and From Ashes have huge storyline ramifications that could have even more of an impact. Especially in Leviathan's case, all you get is another war asset, a power and some extra dialogue at the end. You'd expect what you find there to be a huge deal because it is, but it gets barely mentioned because it's DLC.
    You see a ripoff, I see a selling point.

Is there a notable hole in the narrative without the information included in the DLC? Eh. Yes, you get a better idea of what's going on when you have the DLC, but we don't always run into every situation with all the information available, and there is such a thing as too much exposition.

Case in point: Star Wars Expanded Universe.

In fact, if there was paid DLC that gave no missions but instead simply doubled the length of all codex entries, some people would probably buy it. Oh god, I probably just gave EA an idea, didn't I?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Banned
    I'd say maybe hold off until they release the final and third DLC as they're bound to add some more story stuff with it and there's no point in replaying it all again for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I'd say maybe hold off until they release the final and third DLC as they're bound to add some more story stuff with it and there's no point in replaying it all again for that.
    This is pretty much where I'm at, too. I'd enjoy playing ME3 again anyway, and I might as well do it once all the DLC is out to maximize the amount of new stuff in there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Yeah, they're teasing the next one at the moment, so I'll probably hold off on another playthrough until I've seen if it's interesting.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Activated Node
    Speaking of the next one, anyone know when it's coming out?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noxnoctum View Post
    Speaking of the next one, anyone know when it's coming out?
    April was last I heard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Well this is not the case for me. I'm happy for pay for DLC as long as it tells an interesting story. I quite liked Bring Down the Sky even though it was pretty irrelevant, just as I liked Overlord. I liked the actual story in Leviathan, but it is very important to the plot of the series and I think it should have been included. DLC doesn't have to be relevant to the main plot at all, just, well...good.
    steam: sketch

In fact, if there was paid DLC that gave no missions but instead simply doubled the length of all codex entries, some people would probably buy it. Oh god, I probably just gave EA an idea, didn't I?
    Dragon Age III would probably charge for a codex, along with the inevitable Day 1 companion of course.

Activated Node
    Bumping this since Citadel DLC is out now. Any thoughts on it?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Wait until its bundled into an Ultimate edition. Will be cheaper than getting the DLC piecemeal. Got DA:O twice this way. Just the game when it was on sale, and later for the ulimate edition (All DLC and expansion) for the same price or less.
    Mass Effect 2 has yet to come out with an Ultimate / GotY edition. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Activated Node
    I haven't played Citadel, but it looks like tons of fan service. Get the old gang back together, have a party with everyone, take your dream squad into combat, more romance stuff. It sounds as non-essential as you can get, but it also sounds like a lot of fun.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I haven't played Citadel, but it looks like tons of fan service. Get the old gang back together, have a party with everyone, take your dream squad into combat, more romance stuff. It sounds as non-essential as you can get, but it also sounds like a lot of fun.
    Giantbomb were pretty positive about it all on the bombcast.

Network Hub
    It's basically an epilogue for a game/series that can't have one. Unlike most of their DLC you actually get your money's worth, it doesn't feel like they cut any corners and there's a lot of content in there. If you cared about Mass Effect at some point and want to remember what it was like to love that universe then you should play this DLC, it almost makes you forget about the ending. For some people it might be too goofy, too tonally inconsistent with the rest of the game, but it feels like it's made for people who played the whole trilogy and finished ME3 a year ago. It's barely contextualized inside the game, it's just them saying "hey, let's remember the good stuff and not the bad" and it works.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    FWIW, the extended cut is free, and should be downloaded. It was inexplicably THE SLOWEST DOWNLOAD EVER for me, though.