Didnt play during the free weekend. As some others here I got it during a sale before christmas. I enjoyed it most of the time (got 40 hours out of it so far) but I am feeling less and less motivated to play. On to the bad things:
- the UT3 engine is as clunky as ever
- the team modes except the Objective mode are boring
- some maps are not very balanced (the first part on Hillside is way too easy to defend for example)
- in some parts it feels like a beta (server browser not working etc)
- I dont improve my skill. I know thats a very personal reason, but I just dont get consistent results. Have been playing online fps for many years now, and normally I end up in the upper parts of the score tables after some hours. Here it often happens that I end at the bottom. Hitting nothing, be it melee or if I play as archer. Terribly frustrating! :(
- Press C for battlecry
- reminded me of Die by the Sword (it was also the first game since DBTS that had me laughing madly infront of the screen for the first hours)
- close matches in objective mode are great fun!
- free future updates that promise new content (duel mode cant come soon enough!)
Still recommend it getting it for a low price though!