Realms of Arkania - Das Schwarze Auge - Remake

Just found this article on The Escapist:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news..._campaign=news

Austrian developer Crafty Studios has announced a "one-to-one remake" of Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny, the first game in the series. The remade Realms will boast a "complete visual reimagining along with a comprehensive overhaul of every aspect of the gameplay," and while that doesn't quite jibe with the idea of a straight-up redo, the German press release - which I suppose we should take as the original - according to RPGWatch talks about improved graphics but says nothing about changing the gameplay.

I loved this trilogy back in the day. I never finished one of them, but what the heck. It was still fun! Drakensang was also good a few years ago, but didnt have the charm of the older titles. Still I am hopeful for this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Looks interesting, but I do wonder if the studio will be able to pull off a project like that.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    I loved this trilogy back in the day. I never finished one of them, but what the heck. It was still fun! Drakensang was also good a few years ago, but didnt have the charm of the older titles. Still I am hopeful for this one.
    I tried them recently courtesy of GOG, and found them unplayable at this point since I was never exposed to them back in the day. I may give it another try, because there's just something special about exploring not just an interesting game, but an unusual game interface, too. Streamlining a game's interface these days results in losing much of the flavor of the game.

It's a fine line to walk, and hopefully they do well with the remake.