Awakened, Potential Infamous/Prototype style Unreal Engine 4 PC exclusive?

THe game has been in development for quite some time but the devs came into some issues but now they have a kickstarter campaign and plan on moving the game to Unreal Engine 4.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/04/aw...nding-goal-yo/
    Some prototype/early alpha footage when the game was still in development around 2007/8

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Interesting but looks kinda unpolished,sure it was alpha footage..So i hope they improved it by now :D

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Interesting. I'm too tired to look at it now, but: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oject-awakened

I take it back,watch video on kickstarter,it looks fantastic!

Network Hub
    Not backed anything in a while, but I backed this.
    Just a shame they can't hand out the Hero alpha. Looked like fun.

I'm a big fan of customisation, so it's good to see something like this. Sounds like City of Heroes: Prototype Edition.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Same as with most KS, will play when it's released at full price. I may chip in if it's on the line in the last days but if not there's no point.

EDIT: Also GEMA doesn't want me to watch the video.
    Last edited by pakoito; 05-02-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Network Hub
    The game seems interesting, specially from the Kickstarter pitch video. I hope they changed that premise, though, that's a rip off from Infamous.

I enjoyed the first Infamous quite a lot on the PS3 (never played the second) and I wouldn't mind more of that style of gaming. The character creation looks amazing, it would be good to see them pull it off.

I'll keep an eye on the Kickstarter to see what else they show in the following days.

What are they exactly ripping of from Infamous ?

Network Hub
    A tragedy happens in a big city (bomb on Infamous/flood on Awakened) which puts the city in quarantine. Due to this tragedy you develop super powers along with some other people in the city.

In Infamous the quarantine becomes a war zone of superpowered gangs fighting for control while the Army just watches from afar. In Awakened it seems the quarantine will become a warz zone between the PMC and the superpowered people.

So, as far as the premise goes, not much difference. Gameplay-wise, though, although it resembles Infamous (and it's hard for it not to, being third person on a big city), it will obviously be much more open as the power choices seem endless, whereas Infamous relied on a limited array of electrical powers.

So, if its a GTA/City of heroes cross over, I don't really care that it rips off a game they didn't release on the PC, besides it looks like parallel solutions to the problem of confining the character to the city.

Looks good, if they can pull it off.