Obscure Node

Dark Storm PC Game

Well i wish i could post in the introducing thread but that is locked and honestly we need your support! On our kick starter and aboard!

Updated the Kickstarter with new rewards and such! Do check them out! Also do listen to our Audio log series that will be running up to the games release below on Itunes now subscribe thanks again! :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...01744&affToken

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-game?ref=card

Dark Storm is a first person shooter currently in development. Designed by Fenrir Studios, Dark Storm utilizes the Unreal 3 Engine.

Dynamic AI - That scale to each Individual player. There are no difficulty levels in this game

Rich Detailed Environments - Expansive, fully explorable diverse locations, Destructible Environments

Expansive Weapons List - Over 43 Weapons planned released over a course of 5 Chapters

Episodic Content - Released in chapters for one low base price

Dynamic Soundtrack and Professional Composing - you may find a few working examples below of our composers and engineers abilities.

Campaign Multiplayer and Coop - to be expected latter in development

Please feel free to drop by our page on Indiedb
    And if you can help support our development and depending on what you donate we'll give you anything from special promotional art, Digital copy of the soundtrack and even have a character based off your photo (face wise).

http://www.indiedb.com/games/a-dark-storm-is-coming
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dark583/dark-storm
    http://adarkstormiscoming.com/
    Last edited by digirob10; 29-01-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: audio logs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar

pakoito, that forum is currently not available, as was mentioned in digirob10's original post. This is an appropriate place for this thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Why did they close it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    This game already got posted here somewhere if I recall correctly.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    This game already got posted here somewhere if I recall correctly.

Exactly,and i remember he even linked to their site which didn't had anything on it,just few concept arts. At least this time he showed us soldier model,but that means nada.

Quick search doesn't find any Threads about the project already posted. I vaguely recall some mention of it in another, non-dedicated thread... but this seems to be the first thread specifically about the game.

If you guys don't like the game, and aren't interested, you don't have to read the threads, or comment on them, or be so derisive and dismissive of the poster and the project. There is quite a bit on the KS page, it's more than 50% towards its goal, there's plenty on the games website etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    digirob10 has stopped by to spam before. I've yet to see him interact with anyone.

Previous, canceled Kickstarter, with a goal of $10,000: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dark583/dark-storm
    New Kickstarter, goal of $1000: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-storm-pc-game

Cobbled-together website with a lot of broken stuff, still not on Greenlight, no gameplay or screenshots to show for a game that's supposedly going to be released in two months? Beware.

People are naive.

SEE EDIT.

This sure smacks of scam, but I can't say for sure. At the very least, everything about it is questionable. The first Kickstarter had no pitch video. The second "pitch" video is just 48 seconds of voice acting supposedly created for the game.

Edit: The composer they mentioned, Chase Bethea, seemed real enough, so I contacted him, and he is indeed working on the soundtrack. So... uh... yeah. I'm still not understanding a project that is between 30 and 60 days from completion, a Kickstarter asking for $1000 down from $10k, and not a single screenshot.
    Last edited by internetonsetadd; 30-01-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Obscure Node
    Thank you all for your interest in the Dark Storm project first and foremost and a valid question at that! Yes our team is quite against showing unfinished aspects of the level in whole but if you guys head over to the Indiedb page you can check out the latest screenshots of a few sections of the single-player and coop we're currently developing. It should be noted we are a team compromised of 30 members varying from voice actors to actual devs and we're looking for a release sometime in Q1 of 2013 otherwise the game would be pulled back to Q2.!

Yes in fact thoses are legitimate actors as if you google a few on the official cast list you can feel free to contact them as you've done one of our engineers and confirm it! The most notable being Amanda Lee as some of the rest can be found on many new-grounds videos and parodys! I understand your concerns as we are quite quiet when it comes to updates as we don't like to show un-finished work as you all know this is a Indie team this isn't our job just a passion for all of us but do expect a lot more updates coming this month as we near closer to the alpha for Coop and the trailer release for SP and potential demo for that.

The Voice Actors of Dark Storm: Its Coming...
    Cast List:
    Jill - Karen Hayman
    Amber - Amanda Lee
    Isis - Karen Hayman
    Security Guards/Special Forces -
    Sean Chiplock
    Kamran Nikhad
    River Kanoff
    Scientists -
    Sean Chiplock
    Kamran Nikhad
    Nick Redfield
    Brian Post
    Russian Soldiers -
    Ilya Skvortsov
    Vladimir Kozubsky

As for why we went from 10k to 1 thousand we wanted a "safe fundraising" at the very least we knew we would make that thousand dollars and extra that went over would be an added plus and from it we would use it on the Steam Green-light fee or for minor software that is required. Also I've taken the liberty to embed a few images!

The recently Announced Coop Level details below!
    The following is a feature list we are seeking to integrate over the course of development of our newly announced Coop codenamed "Operation Lotus". The Mode is currently in development and we are seeking to release an alpha test for free to the community in a months time.

Dark Storm

Operation Lotus
    Fenrir Inferno

You and your team of 8 friends must survive on the Island. The days last 15 minutes and a night lasts 15 which equals one day you must survive for 2 days. After the first 2 days a helicopter would have a randomly generated location for yourself and your team to get to, to escape the island. You have 15 minutes before hand to reach the chopper else you are on stuck on the island for another 2 days. If you never board the chopper the game will last forever. There is planned a Global Leaderboard for friends and worldwide to see who is on top. (I.E Days survived and kills)
    4.5 Mile Interactive environment
    Up to 8 Player Coop
    Fully Customable Character & Load outs
    25 Weapons from launch new additions over time for free

Environments

Explore an environment with dynamic weather effects that can damage the game world as time progresses and change the layout based on that. (I.E thunderstorms, Hurricanes, rain) Fallen trees and projectiles from weather affects can kill AI and player alike.

Classes

Assault: Suppression affects are lowered: Exceeds in CQB/ Mid-Range (Rifles, SMG's, and LMG) Can resupply ammo for himself or team and Faster Sprint, Rally (reduces the amount of damage taken by 5%)

Support: Exceeds in Far-Range/Mid-Range (SMG's and LMG) Can resupply health for himself or team and revive time decreased, All hands in (increases the fire rate of team by 3% for 10 seconds)

Recon: Bullet Drop Reduced: Exceeds in Long Range (Rifles and SMG's) 3D Spot Ability (Analyze enemies in environments), God Eye (Shows all the enemies on the map for 3 seconds in a localized area)

Interactive Drop-in

After your teams Osprey is damaged everyone on the team will have a role to fill to ensure the plane comes down safety. I.E Action Sequences (Covering the neck of the bleeding out pilot, holding onto rails, and even determine the crash site by taking control of the plane). If any of the players fail their cut-scenes it causes the plane to crash immediately if they succeed they can control where the plane will go down. (The longer the plane is airborne the higher the chances the AI will attempt to shoot down the plane and damage the players)
    All classes have access to the entire weapon tree there are no restrictions but limitations on performance on the guns and player themselves. If one team member is downed you have 5 minutes to revive him. If the player is not revived in that time they will be captured and moved to a random enemy camp. From there the player will have to wait until his team locates him or escape on his own using whatever means necessary. (Pick lock with bones/ distraction methods: pretending to be sick/grabbing guards that venture to close to bars)

Enemies

Firefights are very dangerous to get into on this game mode as an Aggro system would follow your AI as you progress through the level pacing their overall difficulty. Also the AI would scale to the situation and frequently call in backup. (Hinds and Support Vehicles)

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    SEE EDIT.

This sure smacks of scam, but I can't say for sure. At the very least, everything about it is questionable. The first Kickstarter had no pitch video. The second "pitch" video is just 48 seconds of voice acting supposedly created for the game.

Edit: The composer they mentioned, Chase Bethea, seemed real enough, so I contacted him, and he is indeed working on the soundtrack. So... uh... yeah. I'm still not understanding a project that is between 30 and 60 days from completion, a Kickstarter asking for $1000 down from $10k, and not a single screenshot.
    Last edited by digirob10; 01-02-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Obscure Node
    digirob10 has stopped by to spam before. I've yet to see him interact with anyone.

Previous, canceled Kickstarter, with a goal of $10,000: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dark583/dark-storm
    New Kickstarter, goal of $1000: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-storm-pc-game

Cobbled-together website with a lot of broken stuff, still not on Greenlight, no gameplay or screenshots to show for a game that's supposedly going to be released in two months? Beware.
    In regards to spamming i did have to make 3 accounts previously as i would never get the password or email verification. As for posting on this account this is my first post i believe? Otherwise i probably had to do the 10 posts in threads beforehand anyhow i wouldn't consider that spamming at the least i was told to post here...

Also i noticed you said the website was having some issues tech wise if u could i was the one that designed it as I'm the team leader of the project do let me know what concerns you have and beforehand review the site we recently did update it might have removed the bugs~

Anyhow i believe i have answered the questions addressed and please feel free to ask any others, it was just a huge misunderstanding and i can understand why it came into light

In regards to a previous post the individual that posted that article i didn't even know it existed and i can't quite find it either on that regard. Because of limitations in images here are a few more images of characters from the game
    Last edited by digirob10; 01-02-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Apologies for any hostility on my part. I'm generally not inclined to care if a dev stops by to post about a game, but some of your previous posts were pretty spammy in location and tone. Maybe it was partly a language thing. Anyway, thanks for the screenshots. You're kind of presenting a mess of information here, but some of it sounds quite interesting. Chase also seems like a really nice guy. I'll withhold judgement until I've seen more, like a trailer or some gameplay, or better yet, played the alpha. Best of luck.

Obscure Node
    Perfectly fine i do understand it a tad. Also should be noted , and just curious what other posts? this is the first time i have ever posted about this game here
    bump! new updates on the kickstarter rewards and such!

Apologies for any hostility on my part. I'm generally not inclined to care if a dev stops by to post about a game, but some of your previous posts were pretty spammy in location and tone. Maybe it was partly a language thing. Anyway, thanks for the screenshots. You're kind of presenting a mess of information here, but some of it sounds quite interesting. Chase also seems like a really nice guy. I'll withhold judgement until I've seen more, like a trailer or some gameplay, or better yet, played the alpha. Best of luck.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-storm-pc-game

Exactly there was a thread in pc discussion board and you spammed it with concept art from your game and your site which doesn't reveal anything about your game..So don't pretend.

Obscure Node
    To be honest I never never posted on this forums about dark storm. Are you sure it wasn't a random user ? If so show me the post now u do have me curious. If you want further info just simply view our kickstarter or indiedb page bud. Just simply view my started threads or replies i have never done such a thing... Just view my profile at that and check for yourself

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-game?ref=card
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/a-dark-storm-is-coming
    Last edited by digirob10; 03-02-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Ah, it wasn't you, it was just your "co-worker". If you guys are going to spam up forums and not interact with the community, at least try to not double up. We already dealt with the first wave of this

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post239762
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...756#post239756

I definitely recall more spam, but it is possible that was deleted. Or you guys just used yet another account.

Nah, checked, apparently your crap WAS deleted based on the post not appearing to be in this thread
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...777#post239777
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    This argument is petty, the images were simply earlier promotional pieces our artist had created if you don't like the concept of Dark Storm why are still arguing here like we've been spamming the forums because one random user decided to post that in threads that were relevant? You guys basically destroyed that kid for little to no reason because he posted a promo picture. Anyhow I'm done arguing i will from now on disregard and completely ignore any judgmental/arguemental posts and simply update on status of development and new audio log releases..

On a lighter Note: Episode 4 of our Audio Log series has been released this evening you can find them on.
    As
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...588225486?mt=2
    or
    http://www.buzzsprout.com/8320

Also we Reached our Goal on Kickstarter of raising over one thousand dollars 1.3 to be exact and 2 days remain! you can visit that site here to donate! We will be filming a Thank you Video from the team that will go up sometime between Wednesday and Friday to thank all for their continued interest in the Dark Storm Project and for supporting us as it will feature a few showcases of progress and we have decided for the team to take turns doing weekly Video Logs on our YouTube starting next week! Hope everyone had a good weekend otherwise night everyone! ^_^
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-storm-pc-game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by digirob10 View Post
    This argument is petty, the images were simply earlier promotional pieces our artist had created if you don't like the concept of Dark Storm why are still arguing here like we've been spamming the forums because one random user decided to post that in threads that were relevant? You guys basically destroyed that kid for little to no reason because he posted a promo picture. Anyhow I'm done arguing i will from now on disregard and completely ignore any judgmental/arguemental posts and simply update on status of development and new audio log releases..
    That "kid" claimed to be a dev and he definitely soured a large part of the community against you. He did this by "just posting a promo picture" in basically every location he could see (and many he couldn't, that were deleted) and completely ignoring the community. Basically he spammed the forums and wasn't even polite enough to pay for the "adspace" as it were.

And apply occam's razor, what makes more sense: That someone runs around promoting a KS by falsely claiming to be a dev (and making claims that you yourself seem to be confirming...) or that a developer screwed up a spamfest and is now trying again?

Honestly, I find it REALLY insulting that you are back for more spam and are pretending you never did it before. I suspect a simple "I apologize for being a filthy spammer and blasting my crap everywhere while avoiding your community" would go a long way.
    Last edited by gundato; 05-02-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.