Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Forfeits should award the player's average winning score rather than just 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    I should have been clearer. I meant to only add 1 to every mode that already had a positive sum prior. Thus modes that the majority of people do not want to see, wont be seen.
    Ok, that would work imo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar

It's the Season 17 Show

Here are the tables for Season 17. It's your responsibility to issue two challenges for each time you're listed as Player 1 in this list. Instructions will follow in the next post.

Since it's Disputed and we're using each map twice it might be possible to gain an advantage by playing an opponent in one match until the boxes are revealed before starting the next match against said opponent. This would require the boxes to favour one opponent over another (which ought not to happen, but isn't impossible). It would probably be best, therefore, to play both matches against any particular opponent concurrently. I can't really enforce that, but it would help.

Game rules and league procedures

1) Each game must conform to the following settings:

Mode: Dark Disputed
    Turn limit: 12 turns
    Turn duration: five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
    Visibility: vis at time zero
    Team strength: four men per player
    Mutators: at the challengers discretion
    Server: UK1

Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed (although certain exceptions will be allowed - see the next post). You may not reuse maps - a new map must be generated for each opponent. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.

2) After creating each game the challenger must announce the challenge in this thread. Format: "Player1 has challenged Player2 in game_#1 and game_#2". (It would help if game_#1 was the game where you are Player 1, but I can probably figure it out.)

Example: "ColOfNature has challenged Xune in 123456 and 123459".

3) After each game has been completed, Player 1 must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "Winner has defeated Opponent in game game_# with a score of X".

Example: "Xune has defeated ColOfNature in game 123456 with a score of 150".

In the event of a draw, the format is "Player1 and Player2 have drawn in game game_#"

Example: "ColOfNature and Xune have drawn in game 123456"

I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game. Scores will be as normal: 3 pts for a win, 1 for a draw.

4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Sunday 03 February (just)). All games should be completed by the end of Sunday 17 February.

5) We're all reasonable people, when pressed, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or travelling to distant worlds, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.

6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will declare both parties personae-non-grata and award your points to whoever strikes me as most deserving, by whatever criteria I consider appropriate at the time.

7) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, iron-fisted authoritarianism and whim. Mostly the latter.

Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.

The divisions and rules for season 18 will be arranged some time after the close of season 17.

Also, if I've missed anything important or anything isn't clear then post below, PM me or email me either at ColOfNature or RockPaperSynapse on gmail to let me know.

Good luck!
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

How to issue a challenge

1) Log in to the server (usually UK1, although you may choose/be asked to use a different server - please let me know if this is the case when announcing the match)
    2) Click the 'Online' button at the top of the screen
    3) Click 'Create a game'
    4) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
    5) Click the 'Generate Disputed' button
    6) If you get a silly map, or if you don't have four men per side, or if you've got something ridiculous like 4 snipers against 4 grenades, repeat the previous step until you're happy (you may swap out units to balance the teams if you wish or your opponent has requested this and you are happy to comply).
    7) Click 'Save level' then enter a meaningful name (I'd suggest your opponent's name) and click 'Okay'. (If you forget this step it's possible to recover the map so just ask if you have any trouble and someone will be able to help.)
    8) Click the 'Continue' button
    9) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Disputed'
    10) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
    11) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 12 and the 'Turn length' to 5000.
    12) Activate Mutators, if you like (although you'll only be able to do this if you own the Red DLC)
    13) Enter your opponent's username (and select "I play side 1" immediately below if this is the first challenge to this opponent)
    14) Enter 'RPS League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
    15) Click the 'Submit' button
    16) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in the post directly above this one

Then, to start the mirror game, repeat steps 1 thru' 5, then:
    17) Click 'Load level' and enter the name of the map from step 7
    18) Click the 'Continue' button
    19) Change 'I play side 1' to 'I play side 2'
    20) Go to step 9 above - don't forget to make the Mutators the same, it's easy to overlook

If anything goes wrong, don't worry! Just issue the correct challenges and let your opponent know which is the correct game so they can ignore the faulty ones (which will eventually be deleted from your list if no-one takes a turn, and can be hidden until this happens).

Notes
    There have been some individual requests in past rounds which I'm happy to allow in principle:

Firstly, Maetco prefers his matches to have identical teams so if you don't mind doing so you can edit the units in the setup screen so that both teams contain the same units.

Secondly, due to Radiant/Majic's very high ranking on server UK1 and the fact that playing game modes other than Extermination will artificially increase his overall ranking still further (for complicated reasons which I'm sure he'll explain if asked, although there's some discussion of it in the Season 16 thread), he'd prefer to play any games on the Texas 1 server.

Compliance with these requests is optional, but appreciated. If you have any requests which would not fundamentally alter the nature of the tournament or provide you with an unfair advantage they will be given due consideration.

Ok Here're my games:

Hammers has challenged bonuswavepilot in 662022 and 662024
    Hammers has challenged Rond in 662025 and 662026
    Hammers has challenged ColOfNature in 662027 and 662028

All these games have Double Kill enabled.

I was planning on bailing out of this season due to possible time pressure, and 10 matches of dispute may be pushing it for me but I should manage it. Not sure I've ever actually played dispute so this could be fun...

Thanks ColOfNature for including my request in your post.

Just to be sure, we are playing mirror matches even though the mode is Disputed?

Maetco has challenged rodeoclown in 662107

Maetco has challenged scozzers in 662115

For some reason the Season 17 tables aren't loading in for me, but I removed myself from the roster. Not playing this season.

Sorry for not removing myself earlier ColOfNature, haven't been on the forums for the past week so I didn't see the PM.

gotem challenged Hammers in games 662167 and 662169
    wil do the rest later when the server doesnt keeps disconnecting me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    mrkinder challenged TomxJ in games 662189 and 662190
    mrkinder challenged Henke in games 662192 and 662196

Sorry guys, I ballsed up the setups in a few other challenges I sent you. I'd revoke them if I knew how, is it possible to cancel those excess ones?

Damn! So close ...

I finished my studies and have time to play again \o/

Well, I will join next Season :D

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    Just to be sure, we are playing mirror matches even though the mode is Disputed?
    That's right.

Right then. Since Henke won't be joining us I've replaced him with Dathknight in Division 4.

EDIT Jaguar Skills: you'll have to challenge Dathknight and ignore the matches with Henke you've already started. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 04-02-2013 at 10:13 PM.

gotem challenges Rond in games 662269 and 662268
    gotem cahllenges bonuswavepilot in games 662260 and 662251

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Secondly, due to Radiant/Majic's very high ranking on server UK1 and the fact that playing game modes other than Extermination will artificially increase his overall ranking still further (for complicated reasons which I'm sure he'll explain if asked, although there's some discussion of it in the Season 16 thread), he'd prefer to play any games on the Texas 1 server.
    Out of curiosity, what happens if the challengee versus Radiant prefers UK1?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    mrkinder challenged TomxJ in games 662189 and 662190
    mrkinder challenged Henke in games 662192 and 662196

Sorry guys, I ballsed up the setups in a few other challenges I sent you. I'd revoke them if I knew how, is it possible to cancel those excess ones?
    If neither player commits a single turn the game should be removed from the server in time (in 2 weeks if I can recall right).

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Out of curiosity, what happens if the challengee versus Radiant prefers UK1?
    I guess if Radiant chooses not to play he'd lose by default, and if he still wanted to play next season I'd put moving the whole tournament to Texas 1 in future to a vote - I don't really mind where we play so I'd go with the majority decision. I hope it won't come to that, though.

bonuswavepilot has challenged Rond in 662391 and 662397.
    bonuswavepilot has challenged ColOfNature in 662394 and 662396.
    bonuswavepilot has challenged Raeynn in 662398 and 662399.

@Col - please ignore match 662395, I buggered up the game type.
    @Rond - please ignore match 662393, likewise.

Activated Node
    I have challenged Gtsbaby in games 662409 and 662410 whit doble kill.

Rond has challenged ColOfNature in games 662430 and 662431.
    Rond has challenged Raeynn in games 662433 and 662434.

Game 662428 against ColOfNature was created in error.
    One day my log will have something to say about this.