Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I'm amused by how happy people are when defeating me. It's kinda touching, really.

That makes three losses so far this season. Good job gents!
    Everytime i play against you i take pride in that little '1' in the Wins Against column on my side.
    Avid player of SMITE.
    Check the thread if you look for someone to play with.
    And in case you do not yet play but want to give it a shot (beeing free and all that) i would be gracious if you would consider my referal link.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Things have picked up a bit so we'll keep playing for a couple more days. Division 4 seems to be beyond resuscitation, however. It's always disappointing when we get some new people signing up who then never come back.

Regarding the format for the league going forward: it would be ideal if we could keep the size of the divisions the same from season to season, but given the fluctuating number of players it's not really feasible. I'll keep it to 6 or 7 in future, and if one of the divisions needs to be bigger I'll make it the bottom one - that might make up for people not turning up.

I really don't want to change to a knock-out/brackets type of tourney - it's too much fannying around, for not very much benefit. If someone else wanted to organise another tournament along those lines I'd sign up, of course!
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Network Hub
    Does the in-game tournament thing work?
    I'd be happy to use that if it makes things easier.

(Oh, and I beat DeVadder with a score of 30)
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

One of the devs told me it works, although I've never tried it. If you want to test it out, count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I'm amused by how happy people are when defeating me. It's kinda touching, really.

That makes three losses so far this season. Good job gents!
    It's definitely a compliment from my part. You were the only RPS player I had played against but never beaten. The not so sane part of my mind came up with this idea that you're not actually a person at all but instead you're the AI of a super-computer released to the world just to mess with gamers so people would play less video games.

The in-game tournament system works to my knowledge. We tested it once with a group of 3. There are 3 different types of tournaments you can have (if I can remember correctly) but can't remember what they were exactly.

From what i see however, it only works with staged tournaments (which take ages in FS) and seems to not incorporate an organizer, so most likely a single person not turning up in stage 1 would mean that it is basically over.
    Avid player of SMITE.
    Check the thread if you look for someone to play with.
    And in case you do not yet play but want to give it a shot (beeing free and all that) i would be gracious if you would consider my referal link.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    The not so sane part of my mind came up with this idea that you're not actually a person at all but instead you're the AI of a super-computer released to the world just to mess with gamers so people would play less video games.
    Maybe there's something to that. At work when I make a mistake a coworker likes to tell me "So you are human."
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    From what i see however, it only works with staged tournaments (which take ages in FS) and seems to not incorporate an organizer, so most likely a single person not turning up in stage 1 would mean that it is basically over.
    I can verify that, tried 2 types myself with some friends.

League type was prone to duplicating identical matchups so player X might be set against player Y 12 times in a row while only playing against player Z twice.

Knockout type worked but as DeVadder warns 1 player not turning up causes major issues. It took a month to get to the third round because of no-shows ... eventually I had to just pester them into turning in a round.

Activated Node
    Hi!

Vingdoloras never made a turn in the games I challenged him to and Mrkinder stopped playing after turn 2.

Col you seem to have overlooked one of the games Dathknight and I played and wrongly register the other one :D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathknight View Post
    Zlabi has defeated Dathknight in game 662443 with a score of -150
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathknight View Post
    Zlabi has defeated Dathknight in game 662447 with a score of -120
    I was declared the loser in the second one (I think it should be "... with a score of 120").

Also TomxJ never reported our games:
    Zlabi has defeated TomxJ in game 662549 with a score of -150
    Zlabi has defeated TomxJ in game 662552 with a score of 150

Sorry for posting so late, didn't realize it wasn't posted.

Thanks, don't know how I missed those.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlabi View Post
    Hi!

Vingdoloras never made a turn in the games I challenged him to and Mrkinder stopped playing after turn 2.

Col you seem to have overlooked one of the games Dathknight and I played and wrongly register the other one :D.

I was declared the loser in the second one (I think it should be "... with a score of 120").

Also TomxJ never reported our games:
    Zlabi has defeated TomxJ in game 662549 with a score of -150
    Zlabi has defeated TomxJ in game 662552 with a score of 150

Sorry for posting so late, didn't realize it wasn't posted.
    Are you sure? You've killed all my men and on my end you're the winner.

Activated Node
    Yeah in FS I'm the winner, I meant in the spreadsheet for this league.
    But ColOfNature already fixed it, thanks ;).

My matches against Bigbobr99 are still on-going and I'm very confident that we'll finish them in a few days.

I tried to log in to UK1 and saw a whopping 87 players online but never got in myself. Then I restarted the game and now I can't see UK1 on the serverlist. I'm assuming it's down. I've never seen a server being down in FS. Does anyone have any experience about these with FS? Just wondering how long it will be until I can start commiting my turns again.

Network Hub
    I saw 77 on there the other day, which I'm guessing is because of the Linux sale.
    When it goes down, it's normally back up pretty quickly, normally an hour or so at the most.

In other news, I didn't hear from scozzers at all this time, so those games there are just sitting, sad and lonely, unplayed.
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I have a victory over DeVadder in 663971 with 150 points but sadly I think it will be my last, unless a miracle occurs in our remaining game.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by rodeoclown View Post
    I saw 77 on there the other day, which I'm guessing is because of the Linux sale.
    When it goes down, it's normally back up pretty quickly, normally an hour or so at the most.

In other news, I didn't hear from scozzers at all this time, so those games there are just sitting, sad and lonely, unplayed.
    The server was back online about 2 - 3 hours later with 57 players (what's up with these sevens?). The number of players is up, like you said, probably thanks to the Linux sale.

I haven't heard from scozzers either (I challenged him) and frankly I think no-one has.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    My matches against Bigbobr99 are still on-going and I'm very confident that we'll finish them in a few days.
    Absolutely. By weekend most likely. Would have been faster if not for the time diffirence.

We're almost pretty much done with DeVadder. I got 4 boxes in one of our games, although in the other he'll end up winning most likely, having a man and box advantage as of last turn. Anyways, we are 1-2 turns away from ending both matches.

@Raeynn - still out there? Time's getting short!

Dathknight has defeated TomxJ in 662440 with a score of 90
    Dathknight has defeated TomxJ in 662442 with a score of 30

Two slow, nonetheless nice games :)