Results 181 to 200 of 206
21-02-2013, 02:52 PM #181
Originally Posted by Zlabi;261642
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
Also TomxJ never reported our games:
21-02-2013, 03:03 PM #182
Right, anyone still at it has until midnight tomorrow to finish up. Plenty of time! If any of our missing persons were to show up they could conceivably still romp to the top of their league. I'm not going to hold my breath, but still...
Anyway, the final results will be posted tomorrow night. Season 18 will start on 2 March.
21-02-2013, 03:28 PM #183
BigBobr lost to Maetco in game 664647 with the score of -120
BigBobr99 beat Maetco in game 664648 with a score of 90.
BigBobr99 lost to Devadder in game 663974 with the score of -60
BigBobr99 beat DeVadder in game 663975 with the score of 30.
What a dramatic finish of the season!
Last edited by BigBobr99; 21-02-2013 at 03:46 PM.
21-02-2013, 03:54 PM #184
Wow, I just saw ColofNature edit the tables live. It was a sheer joy to see my name go from 2nd to 1st place! For the first time in my life I've manged to grab Division 1 title.
I want to thank all players for this tremendous season. Cimethink, Maetco, DeVadder, Rodeoclown - games against you are always fun and super tense! Thank you for being such great opponents!
What about Division 2 title? Bonusavepilot, ColOfNature, are you guys going to have a tie-breaker game or just declare 2 champions?
Last edited by BigBobr99; 21-02-2013 at 03:59 PM.
21-02-2013, 04:11 PM #185
I don't mind sharing the title, unless bonuswavepilot wants to challenge me to a decider.
21-02-2013, 04:18 PM #186
21-02-2013, 04:36 PM #187
First things first: Congratulations BigBobr99!
Then to business, was there a consensus (or did we even go for one?) how we'll play in the future? This question includes both the mode to play and about whether to have mirror-matches (and the number of matches in a season).
21-02-2013, 05:09 PM #188
Well, Zlabi clearly kicked butt in Division 4 :D
21-02-2013, 10:15 PM #189
I don't think anyone had anything to say about my suggestions about next time, so I'll repeat it here and we can see if anyone objects. Going forward:
- divisions will generally be 6 or 7 players each unless there are an awkward number of players. Certainly no bigger than 8, no smaller than 5.
- we'll do away with the pairs of matches. Symmetry seems to have fallen out of favour, and the natural balance of the generated games tends to mean games are fair. However:
- if you are challenged and you feel that the game is unbalanced, you may re-challenge your opponent on the same map but with the starting positions reversed, and your opponent (i.e. the initial challenger) must accept this.
- at the end of each season the bottom player (or two players - I haven't decided for sure yet) in each division will have their position swapped with the top player (or two) in the next division down. (The reason I'm toying with the idea of two players moving that this ought to ensure that if the size of the division changes at least one player will move up and one will move down - although it may mean one moves one way and two or three move the other. It would also have the advantage that it would keep the people in the divisions changing around, so you don't end up playing the same 4 or 5 people every month.)
- anyone who signs up for the first time and doesn't play any of their matches will be summarily removed from the list. They may add their names again, if they notice.
- I've added a simple weighting to the game mode votes (-5 for the last mode we played, -4 for the one before that, etc) to stop us from playing the same modes all the time. Upload is now in the lead for season 18.
How does that sound?
21-02-2013, 11:39 PM #190
Sounds very nice.Currently playing Supraball, Titanfall, Wildstar and Eve.
If you happen to like or be interested in fw or general lowsec shenanigans in Eve, say "o/". Name is De'Vadder there.
22-02-2013, 12:32 AM #191
Good job defeating me in game 663971 DeVadder.
FYI Upload games go very quickly (most are 2-3 turns I've found), so having 8 people per division is easily handled.
Congrats to the division winners, especially BigBobr99 who wiped the floor with me.
22-02-2013, 10:03 AM #192
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
Hey is vitbeaver around? We have a game waiting since the weekend is he still around?
22-02-2013, 10:52 AM #193
22-02-2013, 07:05 PM #194
23-02-2013, 02:31 AM #195
I almost forgot: time, gen'lemen, please! Well done again to BigBobr, and also to bonuswavepilot, Satek and zlabi!
Shame there were so many no shows, but what can you do? Vingdoloras and Jaguar Skills, if you're out there: I've deleted you from the Roster, but you're welcome to put yourselves back on if you want join us next season.
I've reordered the roster to show the starting order for season 18. If there are no additions it'll probably be 7 players each in divs 1 and 2, and 6 in div 3. Unless I change my mind again. But I probably won't. Unless I do.
Upload still looks to be the a la mode mode. The season will commence on Saturday 2 March, and there's a thread for it over here.
Last edited by ColOfNature; 23-02-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: autogrammarnazi
23-02-2013, 04:38 AM #196
23-02-2013, 06:05 AM #197
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
Yep it's on texas.
Wait is he any good? How old is he?
I'm not looking to get whooped by no child! It's why I stopped playing counterstrike damnit.
23-02-2013, 06:06 AM #198
What about voting for the best season 17 match video? It's tedious watching them all, but, say somebody (it can be me, I love watching other players' games) nominates 5 of them. People watch those 5 on youtube or ingame and vote.
23-02-2013, 07:26 AM #199
Sure why not. If someone (you) is willing to do the hard work I'll pitch in, watch the 5 matches and vote (if the voting is made easy).
23-02-2013, 09:45 AM #200
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
Oh with the match video it's better to use fraps rather than the inhouse youtube system.
That way you get the natural round to round pauses and none of the zooming around that ruins watching good matches unfold.
If it's too much work for Col we can always split the work between regulars.
If I know I have enough time to play the season I know I can record matches using my copy of fraps [I watch a fair few anyway]; so I don't mind doing some.
Last edited by Radiant; 23-02-2013 at 09:49 AM.