Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Challenged Cherryphosphate!
    On games:
    209743 and 209744

On texas 1.

Sorry for being late! Also ignore the other games, my mistakes, The shotgun is stuck in the wall and you can't move him and the other is exterm.
    Last edited by Radiant; 16-02-2013 at 06:06 AM.

BigBobr99 defeated cimethink in game 663111 with the score of 120. Good game, as always!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    Good game, as always!
    Indeed!

Без муки нет науки.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Activated Node
    Majic has beaten Satek with a score of 30 in game 209456
    Majic has beaten Satek with a score of 60 in game 209457

The first game, 209456, I made up for a beautiful turn 4 pivot move by completely ballsing up and thinking that the game ended on turn 7.
    The second game, 209457, my eejit shotgun came through by the skin of his teeth only to see one of my key mgs decide he'd had enough for today and disappear off the map.
    In my defence this game did end on turn 7.

Both games on texas 1 and worth taking a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Indeed!

Без муки нет науки.
    Google translate is doing it's best but sometimes it's pathetic: It translated the phrase as: no pain - no science :) I don't think that's what you meant :)

Obscure Node
    Google translate is doing it's best but sometimes it's pathetic: It translated the phrase as: no pain - no science :) I don't think that's what you meant :)
    Hehe for me google translate says: "There is no science without flour".

So that's why scientists wear white coats?

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    Challenged Cherryphosphate!
    On games:
    209743 and 209744

On texas 1.

Sorry for being late! Also ignore the other games, my mistakes, The shotgun is stuck in the wall and you can't move him and the other is exterm.
    No worries, have sent you some turns back - I just have to keep remembering to log into TEXAS1

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    Both games on texas 1 and worth taking a look at.
    You can check them out on the RockPaperSynapse YouTube channel.

Oops, I thought it was a Russian proverb that means something more like "Adversity is a good teacher." I'll stick with languages I actually know from now on. Good job crushing me twice this season!

Activated Node
    Majic has drawn with Cherryphosphate in game 209744 for 0 points.
    Majic has beaten Cherryphosphate in game 209743 for 140 points.

I accidentally set both games to only go 5 turns so I was literally caught short to draw the first game.
    There's a couple of lovely maneuvers in turn 2. I delayed a paired run to catch one of his mgs and threw a lovely grenade which I set up in the previous turn.
    Killed his mg and his grenader.
    I then preceded to mess all that hard work up by being daft with the number of rounds and killing my own mg.

The second game was a big ding dong.
    He didn't do anything I thought he was going to do; luckily I had enough coverage to tip the game in my favour but it was very unlucky for him to walk into what he did.

both games texas 1

Activated Node
    Majic has challenged Sergbeaver in games 209786 and 209787.
    Ignore the other games I sent you! I'm terrible at this setting up games malarkey.

on texas1

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Oops, I thought it was a Russian proverb that means something more like "Adversity is a good teacher." I'll stick with languages I actually know from now on. Good job crushing me twice this season!
    The Russian saying goes: нет худа без добра = every cloud has a silver lining. A word by word translation would be: You can find good in every bad situation.

It's been fun seeing you experimenting with Russian! Don't stop, by any means! Learning languages has always been fun fo me, personally. I might experiment with Californian a bit in the future.

After many games of Synapse against each other, a sneaky meteor bombardment, focus aim thoughts and many proverbs hurled at each other Cimethink and BigBobr99 have decided to settle it all in the final battle...

Can't wait to play you next season cimethink!

Dear Jaguar skills / Mrkinder:

I'm waiting for your turn in the first game and the second game is Extermination.

Yours sincerely,
    Dathknight

Maetco has annihilated DeVadder in games 662710 and 662435 with a score of 150 and 120 respectively.

Regarding tournament structure:
    I would in general not mind something like double elemination (which is what the olympic judo competition is based on) allthough i would prefer a more classical approach where the winner of the loosers bracket still challenges the winner of the winners bracket for the tournament victory. The system even works quite nice with player numbers that are not a power of 2. However, i think every modus operandi in which we would have to wait of all games of one stage to end before the next stage starts (or actually everything having stages) works very poorly with FS.
    Afterall, finishing two games at the same time hardly takes longer than finishing one.

My preference is clearly on round-robin in divisions of no more than seven contestants. Preferably only six. Everything over six games per season has clearly proven to feel like work for me.
    And personally i would prefer if the (higher) divisions had a fixed size from season to season with some kind of formalized system concerning pro- and demotion. But that is just me and addmitably not easy as not everybody is playing every season.
    Currently playing Supraball, Titanfall, Wildstar and Eve.
    If you happen to like or be interested in fw or general lowsec shenanigans in Eve, say "o/". Name is De'Vadder there.

Obscure Node
    I've been inactive; I will try to catch up on all my games tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    Regarding tournament structure:
    However, i think every modus operandi in which we would have to wait of all games of one stage to end before the next stage starts (or actually everything having stages) works very poorly with FS.
    Afterall, finishing two games at the same time hardly takes longer than finishing one.

Everything over six games per season has clearly proven to feel like work for me.
    Agree with everything you;ve said. It started feeling like work a bit too. Too many games. And I also feel like I've missed the deadline and the boss is going to get mad at me with some of my games unfinished still.

It's been fun seeing you experimenting with Russian! Don't stop, by any means! Learning languages has always been fun fo me, personally. I might experiment with Californian a bit in the future.
    Californian? Like, oh my god! Our matches this season were totally more like this one, for sure.

cimethink has defeated Maetco in 663478 with a score of 30
    Maetco has defeated cimethink in 663476 with a score of 60 YEEEEES!!! Now I can die happy...100 years from now.

My games against Bigbobr99 are unfinished. The ball is on his court in both matches. I going to bed soon so they most probably won't be finished in time.

I'm amused by how happy people are when defeating me. It's kinda touching, really.

That makes three losses so far this season. Good job gents!