Banned

The Tiny Dead Space 3 Topic

So besides me and probably nobody who else is actually excited for DeadSpace 3?

I had a go on the console demo (single player only. NO BRO OPS PLZ) and it proved to be business as usual for the series.

It was actually quite impressed by the customization of the weapons. Shame Isaac is limited to just two now though.

One thing I wasn't expecting was that they have partially managed to capture the claustrophobia that awful weather conditions can bring. The atmosphere of the game was already strongly reminiscent of The Thing but with the added Arctic conditions I think it will only be more pronounced.

DS1 and DS2 were both really solid games with a lot re-playability, DS3 looks to continue the trend of top notch space horror and chunky combat.

**I'm not going to spend fuck all on the microtransactions though. I don't get why people are surprised EA are doing this because they did it for ME3 multiplayer and have done it for all their sports game for what must be at least 5 or 6 years now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post

DS1 and DS2 were both really solid games with a lot re-playability.

Explain me this pretty please :$

Otherwise no,i'm not getting it.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Explain me this pretty please :$

Otherwise no,i'm not getting it.
    I believe you can NG+ them both and keep all your stuff for your second playthrough. I remember the first game having a bonus set of armor you unlocked upon beating it. I believe in NG+ in DS2, they hid schematics to a new armor throughout the game that you could find.

Anyhow, I enjoyed both DS games. I'll get 3 one day, but not until it hits $5. That's just what I do. If it's something I absolutely can't wait another day for (Skyrim), or a MP game that none of my friends will be playing a year later, I'll buy it full price. Other than that, I pretty much only pay $5 for anything.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    Anyhow, I enjoyed both DS games. I'll get 3 one day, but not until it hits $5.

Same here.

I very much enjoyed 1 & 2, but I'm not quite excited enough about 3 to make it a day one purchase. I'll no doubt pick it up for cheap in a few months time.

Banned
    I'm still not completely decided myself, but if anything its more a case of wanting to see what happens.

DeadSpace 2 went down in price after like, 2 months last time though.

Fear is not a part of my makeup. I still havent seen any scary movies EVER. Not even pathetic ones. Half Life 2 gave me the creeps. So alas, no. I shall not get it.
    Truth aint gonna change the way you lie, Youth aint gonna change the way you die

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I'm still not completely decided myself, but if anything its more a case of wanting to see what happens.

DeadSpace 2 went down in price after like, 2 months last time though.
    I remember that. I think it even debuted at $40, because it came out later than consoles? Then it seemed like the next time I saw it, it was $25.

You could always play through the first two again to bide your time. I remember DS2 detecting a save from DS1 on my HDD at the beginning, and giving me a retro plasma cutter as thanks for beating (or maybe just playing) the first game. Stands to reason you might get some goodies in 3 for having some saves from the first two games handy.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I loved the first game, finished it four times I think.
    DS2 is one of the most miserable experiences I had this generation.
    3 looks like it's 2 on steroids. No interest at all.

I really enjoyed the first DS (horrible PC port aside) and found DS2 to be okay but I dislike DS3, other than the weapon customization part of it. Looks like a more generic third-person shooter with more emphasis on action and quick-time events.
    They admitted being lazy with the PC port and they managed to put micro-transactions in my single player experience. Screw it, I'm skipping this one.

The first one was an fresh and interesting game. But it quickly fell into the trap of needing to make almost all modern games with guns Gears Of War.

The micro-transactions being presented as a "feature" certainly don't help.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'll get it when it's cheap.

I was all for buying it day one but with the micro-transactions and what they've changed it into, it's not worth €50 to me.

Here's the full list of Day One DLC for this

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer

Bot Capacity Upgrade - $4.99
    Bot Personality Pack - $4.99
    First Contact Pack - Free
    Marauder Pack - $4.99
    Sharpshooter Pack - $4.99
    Tundra Recon Pack - $4.99
    Witness the Truth Pack - $4.99
    Bot Accelerator - $4.99
    Epic Weapon & Resource Pack - $2.99
    Online Pass - $9.99
    Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack - $1.99
    Resource Pack - $0.99
    I'm sure one or two of the packs maybe come if you get it from gamestop or amazon, but excluding the online pass there's over $30 of DLC out for a $60 game on launch.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 01-02-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I still have to complete the first two games but after that I'm pretty excited for the third game.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    What the yuck? So those DLC are the micro-transactions? What happened to the micro?

I haven't played the series, so I can skip this without feeling any emotion about it. One of these days I'll buy an EA game again, surely. Right? They just have to make it over the pinnacle of absurdity and start the long descent down the other side. I'll be there waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    What the yuck? So those DLC are the micro-transactions? What happened to the micro?
    I hadn't seen the full DLC list before. I only knew about being able to buy resources for weapon crafting which I guess is the cheapest of the list, "Resource Pack". Oh dear, it's even worse than I expected.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I'll buy it full price( most likely 15-25$) and yes, I like Dead Space very much, especially the parts in space. It's the closest thing to System Shock( blasphemy, I know) I played since, well, SS2. Not in mechanical way, of course, but Hell in Space games are rare and I love those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Resource pack I believe is the one which gives you tokens to use in game on benches. The other packs I believe unlock guns earlier than you would normally acquire them in game, so if you want the flame thrower now and not 6 hours in where you would normally get it, then there you go.