Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Loved ds1&2, skipping this one because they will willfully piss about with the balance and grinding to make the "dlc" more attractive. Nope, EA you just lost money from me.
    I played the demo and it was quite a lot of fun and the weapon crafting allows for some really great creativity that skipping this because of the DLC worries is a shame. I think it's probably still worth it.

I'll probably get the game once I finish DS2, it was good enough that if I don't fully upgrade my weapons I'm not sure that I would really care, making a plasma cutter sub machine gun is good enough.
    steam: sketch

It looks like Veblen's lessons are finally applicable to the video game industry in full scale.

Network Hub
    None of these seem to be cut content, so I don't exactly hate it like I do some day-one DLC, but 11 packs is a bit excessive. Actually, its a lot​ excessive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Everyone is complaining about the DLC,sure thats suck but what about their choice to make game even more action then before,forced coop partner and so on,noone mentions this problems.

Obscure Node
    I only care about Day 1 DLC if it's missions (campaign, singleplayer, scripted stuff) or things that give other players a benefit / overhand of others. If the DLC is simply aesthetic stuff (armors, colors, etc) I have no problem as it's simply up to the folks that are into that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    Yep when the emphasis of game production changes from making a good game to making a vehicle for extracting as much money as possible from customers.
    Not trying to be glib when I say this: I honestly don't understand the problem you're identifying here. Games from large devs have always needed to make money. The need to balance profitability with quality isn't something that EA invented last year. The micro-transactions are worrying, but none of us have played DS3, so they could just end up being effectively approved hax for lazy players, which don't actually impact the game for the rest of us. We simply don't know yet.
    Sometimes I write things

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Over 40$ for something that could all have been in one DLC for just 5$. Seriously, who buys this shit?
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    Over 40$ for something that could all have been in one DLC for just 5$. Seriously, who buys this shit?
    Mobile gamers who've come to expect the privilege of microtransactions, etc. apparently. I swear I've heard this argument before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    None of what is listed can reasonably be misconstrued as content DLC. As such, who cares?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Mobile gamers who've come to expect the privilege of microtransactions, etc. apparently. I swear I've heard this argument before.
    What the hell, that doesn't even make sense.
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Not trying to be glib when I say this: I honestly don't understand the problem you're identifying here. Games from large devs have always needed to make money. The need to balance profitability with quality isn't something that EA invented last year. The micro-transactions are worrying, but none of us have played DS3, so they could just end up being effectively approved hax for lazy players, which don't actually impact the game for the rest of us. We simply don't know yet.
    The DLC that costs in total the same as the game but doesn't add anything "significant". Is the is not "cut content" argument still about in defense of this BS?

When DLC first started is was blindingly obvious it was going to go this way, its going to get more common and more severe. Have we had the first game where you need DLC to finish it yet? (or make it finishable in a non incredibly tedious way)?

Activated Node
    Oh so the only way to win is to not play at all? Seems familiar..

The DLC that costs in total the same as the game but doesn't add anything "significant". Is the is not "cut content" argument still about in defense of this BS?
    If fools would like to be parted from their money, and EA would like to take it, that in itself isn't a problem for me. So far it looks like all the DLC could just be frills for bored people. Why does Paradox never get the same amount of ire for this ("Give us a tenner to be able to change the face of your ruler")?

I admit that it's all potentially troubling, but I'm waiting til I've actually played the game to get all rage-y.
    Sometimes I write things

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I'll just download the game and delete ..so they can whine that game didn't sell good on pc because of piracy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    The game not being something you are willing to pay for doesn't make it ok to pirate it.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    If fools would like to be parted from their money, and EA would like to take it, that in itself isn't a problem for me. So far it looks like all the DLC could just be frills for bored people. Why does Paradox never get the same amount of ire for this ("Give us a tenner to be able to change the face of your ruler")?

I admit that it's all potentially troubling, but I'm waiting til I've actually played the game to get all rage-y.
    You got me wrong, its resigned ire. All i can be responsible for is where i spend my earned 's, and its not on on that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    The game not being something you are willing to pay for doesn't make it ok to pirate it.
    Is it piracy if you download something and then delete it? If it is piracy is it a lost sale ? Remember home taping killed music in the 80's kids (We all know it was really Stock Aitkin and Waterman)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Have we had the first game where you need DLC to finish it yet? (or make it finishable in a non incredibly tedious way)?
    Fallout 3

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Network Hub
    Honestly, this DLC reminds my of Curiosity's $1000 hammer thing. Yeah, its stupid and overpriced, but you're not missing anything at all by not purchasing it, so who cares? If the dev's can make a few more bucks off of people wanting a couple more options that don't necessarily improve the game in any discernible way, I'm not gonna stop them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    At the moment, common practise is for DLC not to be included in review copies, even day-one or project 10 dollar stuff. This is mostly a good thing, as it means the 'base' game remains the experience submitted for review.