Hybrid View

Activated Node

Help needed, uk: Need to send package to a UK address

I have a twin currently studying abroad in London at the moment and as a birthday present I wanted to buy a board game from amazon.co.uk. Problem is, the postcode, county and even city name she sent is not being accepted as valid by amazon for some reason I can't figure out.

I have used www.royalmail.com and only come up with the same postcode as she provided, yet it still won't accept it. The details I've given so far it won't accept is as follows:

Town/city: London
    County: London
    Postcode: N1 6HG

The building she lives in is Alexander Flemings Hall and is in Hoxton Market. Is there some arcane bit of knowledge only known to locals that i'm missing or something else? Help would be grately appreciated :)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "CATS", he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    At what point is Amazon rejecting the address, and what message does it give you? I tried adding that address and it didn't have any problems.

Activated Node
    It happens when I try and add a new delivery address instead of using my own address. I fill in the form, press dispatch to this address and receive the error message "Please enter a valid city/county/postal code" respectively.
    I could understand the problem if I was trying to mail it here to Denmark but i'm only trying to buy it through the co.uk extension and save on shipping.

EDIT: I've gone with another, slightly more expensive (but still cheaper than buying it here and mailing it) solution, thank you for trying though, much appreciated :). She better love Sherlock Holmes, consulting detective.
    Last edited by Firkragg; 01-02-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: SOLVED
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "CATS", he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Obscure Node
    Glad you got that sorted out, i future you could try and use a parcel motel. They've worked well for me in the past.

Network Hub