Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node

Patch delayed a few days.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...d-01-29.85944/

Really hope they manage to get it out this week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Goddamnit.

Banned
    Called it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    On the one hand, it's likely because they found something fundamentally broken and want to fix it before giving us something that'll break everyone's game. On the other, arrrrrrgh, bloody hell!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Luckily I didn't realise the patch was meant to be so soon. This week is like a month sooner than I was expecting!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I also would probably be more annoyed if I realised what was going on : D

Activated Node
    Even with the delay, I can't help but feel the patch is going to be a huge let down. =/

It feels like they only have less than a dozen people working on the game and everyone has moved to EQN. =[ Hopefully GU2 changes this feeling, but we'll see.

They talked about EVE and LoL a lot, and their post release support hasn't been nearly the same.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Now, I haven't player either of those games, but I for one
    am very pleased by the level of developer involvement and support post release.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The reason why we havent had much support until now is because they gave pretty much everyone the christmas off because they had worked alot of overtime to get the game out at all. Since they got back we have had plenty of hotfixes to rebalance AA and "fix" (in my opinion completely break) lock on launchers. So do not judge them that harshly just yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Just be thankful they found whatever issue they had before it went live. We'd all be complaining a lot more if it was live and we discovered that firing the Sauron would cause our magriders to blow up instantly or Reavers had accidently been given the defensive values of a libby.

Sometimes things go unnoticed until the midnight hour at which point it's better to delay if you can.

Im on pause anyway, wish you guys lots of fun. (only have time for casual play for this week, probably better next week though)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    The reason why we havent had much support until now is because they gave pretty much everyone the christmas off because they had worked alot of overtime to get the game out at all. Since they got back we have had plenty of hotfixes to rebalance AA and "fix" (in my opinion completely break) lock on launchers. So do not judge them that harshly just yet.
    That's what I've heard. GU1 was very weak. The game was also released in beta state.

GU2 will show whether that excuse for GU1 was true or not.
    From what I've heard, GU2 doesn't sound that good. It has some nice map changes, but haven't heard anything significant elsewhere.

I'm a programmer, and thinking what I could fix/add in a month just makes me really sad. Like turret stabilizer, dynamic turret depression(it's a fixed rate that's way too high to keep your barrel from clipping the tanks turretS), fixed sliding, fixing that auto gibbing when you're upsidedown and touch something, so on. So many things that'd take less than a day to fix or implement, so I figure we should get getting 22+ new features and major bug fixes. :|

They might have strict policy on testing changes before they go into a live system. I've once identified a bug in software at a company I was interning at, took me an hour to fix (as a novice programmer, in my 3rd year of schooling). It took them 1 month to test the fix before they deployed it to any users.

The patch only changed the code in about a dozen lines.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-mhigby.86858/

i just read this ... and what can i say ... i'm shocked. what the fuck are they thinking with these changes? i guess we can say good bye to our beloved mags now :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, just saw that on Twitter. Bad news for our Mags, indeed.

Activated Node
    Well, mags are too easy to use, which makes them seem overpowered since most people in this game are really bad. Anyway they aren't doing the hover nerf like they said. Hopefully they'll reduce their acceleration/increase inertia instead.

I'm hoping they don't buff Prowler HEAT damage too.

I'm glad the velocity increases are substantial. I was worried it'd be a 5% increase that merely messes up your aim. I don't like that they're no longer standardized, though.

Pheuh, I'm glad they aren't fucking with hover after all, then. That was completely uncalled for. Messing with the acceleration would be terrible as well though I think. It's already difficult enough to dodge incomming shells, and with the velocity buffs it's definitely going to be impossible to dodge anything, rendering strafing pointless.

Activated Node
    Messing with acceleration is fine. They shouldn't be able to reverse the direct they're traveling before a shell hits them from 300m away.

Or here, this is what I wrote in full:
    "Make them pitch forward/back when going forward/backward(the other tanks all do this, but the mag doesn't) and roll to the left/right about 5 degrees when strafing.This would make it harder to aim while moving, even though it'd still be easier compared to the others it'd at least be something. It'd actually be a buff at the higher skill cap, as you could abuse the pitching to make particular shots(raise your front over something for half a second, or nose down more), but it'd nerf them at the median skill level where they're too strong.

I'd also increase their weight slightly so they don't accelerate as fast or climb as easily, reduce their reverse speed(It's a ridiculous 45kph or something with Rival3), and Rival shouldn't increase strafe acceleration, if it does so. The tooltip doesn't say it does, but I'm pretty certain it does. It should only increase max speed."
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...d_over/c8782bq

It's harder to hit a Magrider at 500m than it is to hit an ESF at 300m going 200kph, and that's rather ridiculous. I'll have to see how far away I can hit ones that are trying to dodge my shots after the velocity increase, though. Maybe I can hit them out to 400 then, but a lot of engagements are still 550+.

Activated Node
    "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting." Seriously what is this. The mods never approve them within 24 hours either when that happens, if at all.

Yeah I hate that shitty spam filter that reacts on long posts. I hope it's something technical they can't change or tweak to be less anal, otherwise someone is doing something very wrong.