[Off Topic] A Shameless Event Plug

Hope you guys don't mind me putting this up on here. Probs should go in the main RPS Off-Topic channel, but I don't know the rest of those guys. Besides, a PS2 RPS meet-up would be kinda cool.

So, I help run the Wales Comic Con in Wrexham, Wales, UK in my spare time. I'm essentially second in command on the day, managing it, the staff and the guests. Our next event is on April 28th at Glyndwr University and thought it'd be good to promote it to you guys, as well as hope that some fo you may turn up for a beer or nine at the aftershow party.

For more info check us out at www.walescomiccon.com. Got some awesome guests this year, and a few awesome surprises that will be announced very soon.

Anyone interested?

I am interested, but dont have money to travel to the UK yet. I will be at Hallowhedon in Birmingham, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

I'd probs be interested in that if they had more form Firefly and Dollhouse. Eliza Dushku... *gurgles*

heh, Im actually going because a friend of mine had a role on Firefly/Angel/Buffy. Dollhouse was pretty weak in comparison, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Who was your friend in Firefly?

Jeff Ricketts, blue hand guy.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Oh sweet. Always wished theyd made more of those guys, especially in the film. Is he signing there then?

Also Dollhouse isn't that bad. I do think Whedon used some of his ideas fro later on in Firefly in it, for example Boyd Langdon = Shepherd Book. At least, that's what I reckon woulda happened had Firefly not met it's untimely demise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    At least, that's what I reckon woulda happened had Firefly not met it's untimely demise.
    And what a bloody shame that was. Best television series I ever saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Oh sweet. Always wished theyd made more of those guys, especially in the film. Is he signing there then?

Also Dollhouse isn't that bad. I do think Whedon used some of his ideas fro later on in Firefly in it, for example Boyd Langdon = Shepherd Book. At least, that's what I reckon woulda happened had Firefly not met it's untimely demise.
    Meh, Im glad he didnt. He went down a very bitter path after Angel, its only now looking up again with avengers and cabin in the woods. Also, Grimm, by 2/3rds of the Angel/Buffy team, is awesome. Crappy german usage, but still awesome.

And yes, Jeff'll be on a panel of sorts.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Can't say I care for comics, or am a mad Whedon fan (enjoyed Buffy sometimes, but bounced right off Angel and Firefly). But I do live in Wrexham, so may drop in to some part of it anyway.

That would be awesome matey. Got the whole Red Dwarf cast this year too if you liked, as well as Robert Picardo and Billy Boyd. Also Billy is playing a set with his band at the aftershow party. Should be fun. And there's beer.

Really? Im shooting with robert later this year. (As in film, not hunting. That would be weird.)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Have you met Robert before, quanta? I expect he's probably a really decent guy.

I havent met him yet, no. but the director/writer has, and Robert is very on board with what we are doing, so Im looking forward to it. And yes, he's supposedly awesome.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications