Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar

LOTRO F2P - Lord of the Rings Online

Anyone interested in starting some characters in LOTRO and playing for a bit?
    There's a 'LOTRO Pickup' thread from 2011 but I don't think there's been much doing in the last year. I've never played myself, been playing for the last few days and finding it quite enjoyable. I've got a character on Withywindle if anyone wants to give it a try. It's free to play (pay to shortcut, but you dont need to spend anything)

Here are some people who are playing on Withywindle

Gorm: Mrog / Brundulf
    President Weasel: Annilgael (random name generator for the win)
    Palindrome: Somerled
    Gl3n (he is from Eurogamer, but don't be afraid): Pintchap
    Kelron: Fatto
    Last edited by President Weasel; 13-02-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You didnt even mention me, how hurtful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Bagsiee the elf bard "Topfortree Singleschart"
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

It's not my place to mention you, Gorm. You may have wished to preserve your privacy, I don't know.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This is true, i didnt name any of my characters Gorm or anything.

I used to play on the European RP server, don't really have the time these days though.

If any of you is on Laurelin, just give your name, class and level and I'll try to hook you up with some crafted equipment.

I used to play this from release until just before the first expansion was released. Still is the best PvE environment I found in an MMO. Played both loremaster and minstrel and at the time of quitting had the second most PvP kills for a loremaster on the server. If there's a group doing this i'd be interested especially as I think I'm still in credit with their in game shop :)

Just me and Gorm, and Gl3n who I know from the old Eurogamer EVE corp, for now. But if you join us on Withywindle we'd have a group-ette.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I would mind giving it another bash but i am sick of the starting areas (just because i have done them a bunch not because they are bad) and apparently it costs 20 quid (!) to transfer characters

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Reinstalling, not sure what servers I have characters on. Like LowKey I'm not sure I want to go through the low level content again, but I've seen very little of the game beyond 20-30.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Reinstalling, not sure what servers I have characters on. Like LowKey I'm not sure I want to go through the low level content again, but I've seen very little of the game beyond 20-30.
    Cant remember the name of it but the level 40 instance is still probably my favourite MMO instance. Will reinstall tonight

Levelling is super quick, you'll be 20 before you know it.

To be honest leveling is too fast these days. It seems that there comes a time in every MMO's life where they make things too easy.

It's a shame really as powering through areas misses out a lot of the enjoyment of the game.

LotRO is a good game but personally I wouldn't go beyond the Moria expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    To be honest leveling is too fast these days. It seems that there comes a time in every MMO's life where they make things too easy.
    The problem is that they keep raising the level cap so they have to speed levelling up to prevent people from feeling like they'll never reach the end game.

Imo if you make a world immersive enough you don't need to speed your players to the end game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    It looks like some of the bonuses I had from owning the game before it was f2p only apply to characters I made before the change. Though I can't find a clear answer on what those bonuses are. I'll make a new character tomorrow, what classes have we got?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've got lvl 45 Man Captain, and a ranger who is about lvl 23. Pdubs is a ranger too around lvl 27 and Glen is a lvl 17ish minstrel i think.

If anyone wants to make a metalsmith as a craft skill that would be helpful; certain of my woodwark recipes require iron bands or steel thingummers that I can't get anywhere else. I don't know if we need any specific classes; the most obvious requirement is that you play one you find enjoyable.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My captain is a metal smith you dingo.

I will roll up something mage like, got any Runekeepers so far?

I've made a Loremaster on Withywindle going by the catchy title of Somerled.
    Last edited by palindrome; 12-02-2013 at 12:23 AM.