Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Obscure Node
    You know, I hate downtime.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    One of the areas where any MMO could stand to learn from Eve, regardless of genre. Short, regular downtimes > unpredictable long downtimes when everything finally breaks.

Its back up now at least.

I am putting three suggestions for a kinship name up for vote, feel free to add more.

1. The classic, Rock, Paper, Sauron
    2. The more subtle in-joke, The Staring Eye of Sauron
    3. The extremely silly, HOBBITFACE

It has to be Rock, Paper, Sauron.

I made the kinship, will spam invites at anyone I see online. Grom should also be able to invite people.

There's no shared storage without a kin house, unfortunately, but at least its a chat channel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    What server is this on?

Withywindle

Obscure Node
    Joinederised!

Am I right in thinking the north downs are rubbish? Lone lands and everything thus far has been stonkin'.

The North Downs are better at the high 20s/early 30s on the eastern side. There isn't really enough content to see you through the low/mid 20s in the Western North Downs though (unless things have changed).

I'll be hanging around online all evening from about 8pm tonight and again on Thursday to try and get people into the kinship. Alts too if you have them, need to fill out that member count.

I think some of the North Downs stuff is locked behind a quest pack now. I remember playing before F2P and getting stuck pretty fast as quest chains all ended in group quests, and there was no one around to do them with. They seem to have made most of the group stuff optional now, though.

There basically aren't any group quests now, they are all soloable (some classes may struggle a bit though). I think the first real group quest is in Angmar (high 40s).

There is a 100% exp bonus for the next week due to the extended downtime so now is as good a time as any to get in game.

You can jump to instances that scale to your level, haven't tried any yet.

You only get skirmish marks as a reward though. There are no drops in low level instances, possibly all classic instances but I haven't tried the later ones.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The Seven Swords quest in Angmar is still a group quest, and one of my favourites.

I've just picked up the great barrows quests, they're still marked as fellowship. I remember them being difficult before.

That's an instance though. The open world group quests are almost all solo now.

Oh god i just tried to do the Forsaken Inn instance with the group finder. The other two couldn't even work out which way to go, let alone solve the riddles on the doors, and one of them was activating giant death traps every time. Retreat, go back, does it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Oh god i just tried to do the Forsaken Inn instance with the group finder. The other two couldn't even work out which way to go, let alone solve the riddles on the doors, and one of them was activating giant death traps every time. Retreat, go back, does it again.
    Pugging in MMOs can be horrible, especially in free to play games like LOTRO or, even worse, Star Trek Online and Champions Online.

That's why I used to play on the European RP server even though I do not partake in RP stuff, the community is much more mature and just generally better there. LOTRO is also one of the only MMOs where the RP servers are amongst the most populated. The only downside is that you can't enter a tavern in-game without being assaulted by a wall of text and/or music by ten different groups of people RPing it up.

On a regular server, I'd probably stick to the "kill everyone and try not to die" skirmishes as far as pugging goes.
    Last edited by Choca; 23-02-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Obscure Node
    I created a loremaster named chesmooncalf [ short for chesney mooncalf] and levelled him up to 10. May or may not stick to playing with him because I started a minstel on my 'home' server and enjoy it so much for the short time I played I might start again over on withywindle. So far ok. Add me to your fellowship/kinship if you could please kind sirs ! :)
    Last edited by Necroscope; 24-02-2013 at 06:51 PM.