Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    About 30 random folks gave Mr. Baneclaw (a sort of open world raid boss) a shot yesterday afternoon - although sadly he won and then refused to come back for a rematch. That was the first time I've seen him and how the meld repulsor system works (it's neat!), so I've had fun.
    --

--

Obscure Node
    I got sucked into HOI3, but I plan to return to Firefall. Sorry for the disappearance, everyone!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    New patch (milestone update) is currently rolled out. Server still offline. Patching will be possible once servers are back up.

Patchlog is huuuuge (and gooood)
    Last edited by bonkers; 22-03-2013 at 09:02 AM.

I've not played this game with you guys in ages... sorry!

I was nearly in my T2 frame too - think I just needed a bit more crystite or whatever the main thing is. I'll hopefully be on this monday, if the group still gets together?
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Armies have been brought in with this patch so hopefully it'll be easier to organize things in game for those of us that are still playing.

I find it kind of amusing to speak of 'still playing'. The game is so far from beeing finished at this point. It is much more of a proof of concept than a finished game. At least before the last patch. It was just a fancy map, nice MMO FPS shootery and thumping.
    At least for me it is way more accurate to say that i am 'not yet' playing instead of 'not anymore'.
    I tried the gameplay, the thumping, got a few T2 Battleframes and then decided that the game looks fun and that i will play it a lot once there is an actual game.
    Currently playing Supraball, Titanfall, Wildstar and Eve.
    If you happen to like or be interested in fw or general lowsec shenanigans in Eve, say "o/". Name is De'Vadder there.

'still playing' may have been a bad choice of words what I meant was those of us that are playing the game between the open beta weekend events.

Obscure Node
    Patching now, will be on soon and throughout the weekend

The recent patch has changed all the things, including the progression system. Thumping also got a lot more exciting, with more Thumper types available, much harder waves and the Thumpers having less health, so you really need to protect the thing as it's quite easy to lose one now. They also added a 2x resource bonus when you return it at 100% full, which is far from easy with the latest changes. The crafting system was also revamped, although that's still unfinished and currently has all recipes unlocked for testing.

Log in for some squad thumping. Oh, and we should probably create a RPS Army or something.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Ezhar View Post
    The recent patch has changed all the things, including the progression system. Thumping also got a lot more exciting, with more Thumper types available, much harder waves and the Thumpers having less health, so you really need to protect the thing as it's quite easy to lose one now. They also added a 2x resource bonus when you return it at 100% full, which is far from easy with the latest changes. The crafting system was also revamped, although that's still unfinished and currently has all recipes unlocked for testing.

Log in for some squad thumping. Oh, and we should probably create a RPS Army or something.
    I need to get back involved in this... Setup an RPS Army and lets go!
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

OK so I set up an RPS army it's called Rock Paper Thumper just send me(Elro) a message in game for an invite.

I've sent out invites to any RPS peeps on my friends list, sorry it took so long but the friends list hasn't been working for me since the update.

What times do you guys generally play? I played back in February, and quickly ran out of things to do / lost interest. But I think it may have been more that I was playing alone than the game itself. With a recent fix to my PC that has solved my gaming issues, I'd like to take another crack at it. But it depends on whether I can find a group.

So, all of that was really long winded way of again asking, when do you guys play?

I for once would answer that with: In a few months probably.
    The game looks cool and the gameplay is fun, i do not want to burn out on it before there is more content.
    Currently playing Supraball, Titanfall, Wildstar and Eve.
    If you happen to like or be interested in fw or general lowsec shenanigans in Eve, say "o/". Name is De'Vadder there.

I'm usually on 2 or 3 nights a week for an hour or 2. But while they increased the number of events and invasions in the last patch there still isn't really a huge variety of stuff to do and if you try to play it like a released MMO your going to burn it out pretty quickly

I log in every know and then, but on an irregular basis but about twice a week. Currently leveling up my accord frames to get enough tokens to be able to by the Firecat frame.
    Currently, as being said, there still is not much to do except doing a few events and thumping.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Network Hub
    Need to get back... too many games, not enough time :/ but the last patch sounds interesting. Mmm.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, it's in open beta now. Sudden influx of new people, HO! I'm guessing this has come alongside a fairly substantial update, but wouldn't know since I didn't even play on the beta weekends before now.

Downloaded it earlier and cripes, it's actually good! It's not really trad-MMO, since the levelling and crafting is quite different and more open (reminds me of EVE's levelling/gear systems tho, possible influence?), plus at the moment there isn't much in the way of plot holding it all together. At the same time, seeing it compared to Planetside 2 seems even less accurate - the combat is utterly different and there is no overarching tactical warfare going on at all.

What Firefall did remind me of was the class-based combat of Team Fortress 2 - you have the slow moving Heavy, with lots of health and endless bullets, the lighter Assault class comes with a rocket launcher as default, while Medics and Engineers support. Engineer gun ~ Demoman gun? etc. Lots of running around in circles, nailing people in the cel-shaded face with explosives.

Anyway, lots of fun. It's clearly still in an actual beta state, since lots of things seem to be missing/slightly broken, so I was surprised to see them charging for items already. What sort of microtransaction madness causes someone to put them in a beta test! Anyway, I will likely hunt one of you down on mumble for an invite at some point, been having lots of fun with the Assault class today, but the Biotech frame is begging me to play in a group.

-Rizlar

PvE seems to be at least some more fun now. Especially with the new influx of new players.
    PvP sadly is as "meh" as always. Especially the new player pvp experience is godamn awful. The pve one is at least okay now.
    But still kind of a fun game. Don't be let down by my ramblings. I have been playing this for a long time now. So it's not as bad as it may sound ;)
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-