Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Network Hub
    Last edited by hideinlight; 17-04-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Unless there's a drive by and a fatality why should we care?
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Last time I checked Sterling is not Angry Joe. You're falling for clickbait tho, and that's just cute.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I refuse to click any of the links, if anyone did, or has understanding I'd be happy to hear about your thoughts.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Y'know when "Doritosgate" happened and some people suggested it was tedious game journo drama over nothing? With that someone could explain that actually there wasa serious point to be made about ethical journalism practices and so on and I think most people would nod and say "fair enough" even if they weren't particularly interested.

This though? This is a prime example of tedious game journo drama over nothing. Childish from both of them.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Last time I checked Sterling is not Angry Joe. You're falling for clickbait tho, and that's just cute.
    Why the hell did I post Jim Sterling, that's a 0.9 mistake. Brb

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar

/10char

*EDIT*

So in all seriousness, this is not a deal. This is just two people who happen to have an audience have a school yard tiff over why Sonic is better than Mario.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 17-04-2014 at 10:04 PM.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Y'know when "Doritosgate" happened and some people suggested it was tedious game journo drama over nothing? With that someone could explain that actually there was a serious point to be made about ethical journalism practices and so on and I think most people would nod and say "fair enough" even if they weren't particularly interested.
    Serious point. ..................

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Unless there's a drive by and a fatality why should we care?
    It's drama, which is always fun, especially when you get to watch while an IGN employee like Dan Stapleton proudly states that the multi-million dollar multinational corporation he works at has four (!) times as many subscribers on YouTube as a gaming enthusiast who dresses up in funny costumes for his reviews. Other than that, it matters because it serves to discredit the likes of IGN.

The amount of insider buzzwords in a piece like this is beyond cringe worthy:

It's the platform exclusive twitch-action killer app that you ... oh right, can also play on PC. Such a shame that the PC is not the right ecosystem for this next great evolution. Pulitzer material, no doubt.

Last edited by Tritagonist; 17-04-2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Fixing auto-correct!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    I don't know why, but I feel like this is relevant here:
    http://i.imgur.com/FxtxR.gif

Surely this whole deal must be orchestrated on some level. It's just the perfect ingredients for it to go nuclear. On one side, there's IGN. A games journalist site that isn't exactly known for their integrity, getting mad because someone calls them out on their lack of integrity in a passing comment. Then there's Angry Joe, a walking landmine for topics he's passionate about, with a persona based upon being angry - as the perfect other side for this thing.
    Pit them against each other in a matter where both sides have a point but their point is basically spent on arguing about the most asinine interpretation of words and context, where both are right.
    Boil the thing for a month, add in some salt and perhaps stress for both people: The Watch Dogs thing on IGN side, Joe's continued battle against Content ID. Stir with twitter arguments that are enforced to ridiculous comment lengths, so no actual arguing, just bomb dropping and insults. All you need for the perfect recipe of hate is an audience. Which they've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    -snip-
    Neither of these people are journalists Vs enthusiast press so why get bent out of shape about it? This sort of he said/she said thing is utterly asinine in truth.

Probable Replicant

Neither of these people are journalists Vs enthusiast press so why get bent out of shape about it? This sort of he said/she said thing is utterly asinine in truth.
    A label will always fail to properly cover what a person does, but Joe is a prominent guy in the gaming corner of YouTube. His reviews frequently reach one to even two million viewers. Whatever you want to call what they are and do, both IGN and Joe have a big audience. I know we've had these discussions about reviews and scores on sites like IGN many times before, and the battle lines on this issue are well known. But every time this discussion repeats itself, especially when it does so between two popular venues for gaming news/reviews, a few more people will get a better idea of how the review business works. That can only be a good thing. The drama is just an added bonus.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I refuse to click any of the links, if anyone did, or has understanding I'd be happy to hear about your thoughts.
    >AngryJoe shows hyperbolic IGN preview quote while bitching about Titanfall's 9 and 10 reviews
    >IGN guy calls him out on it, says it's a malicious misquote
    >AJ acts like a cunt
    >IGN guy mentions they gave Titanfall an 8.9 and there's a difference between the 8 and the 9 tiers
    >AJ bitches about the .1 difference, trying to divert the attention from the misquote to this

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I tried to understand it. Thanks for the summary. Never heard of this guy before nor do I want to again.

That quote is from a preview in august. Seems a bit out there. Not sure why it the Xbox Live community and a couch is any better than the Origin community and a desk for it, at least from that article. And the article was in August. Review for Titanfall from the same person seemed responsible. Other than not talking about PC being more stable if you are using the right settings for your rig.

Obscure Node
    Stapleton is butthurt and being pedantic. Joe's main point still stands that too many outlets praised the hell out of it while ignoring some of the issues. Stapleton thinks by dropping from a 9 to a "8.9" lol removes him from responsibility. Joe is not the one emphasizing the .1, Stapleton is. So glad this site doesn't use a point system.
    Last edited by unclepauly; Yesterday at 04:21 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Serious point. ..................
    I did miss out the key word "relatively" there, didn't I?

Who's angryjoe?

Network Hub
    Made me think, is Amazing truly better than Great?

Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Who's angryjoe?
    Hosted by Joe Vargas, the Angry Joe Show is 'a unique blend of brutally honest video reviews combined with sketch comedy. The show began in October 2008 on Youtube'. His 20-30 minute long reviews often receive between 1 and 2 million views on YouTube. Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
    Amazing is a bit of a buzzword in the United States, where IGN is from. The weather is amazing, dinner was amazing, it's amazing news, I'm so happy for your amazing holiday trip, the military is amazing, etc.

In Europe its meaning is more in line with its traditional use as an adjective. In that sense Aliens: Colonial Marines was also amazing, because it 'caused great surprise'.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; Yesterday at 10:45 AM.

Network Hub

This game is amazing, you should play it!
    vs
    This game is one of the greats that will still stand the test of time.