Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 Edition

Now that we have almost made it through the Gaming Dustbowl of 2014, every game ever made will be released throughout the next couple of months. Don't believe me? I made a list:

September
    Released! WIT! Endless Legend, strategy: 18th September
    Released! WIT! Wasteland 2 , CRPG: 19th September
    Released! WIT! FIFA 15, foot-to-ball: 23rd September
    Released! WIT! Ancient Space, space strategy (?): 23rd September
    Released! WIT! Gauntlet, ARPG: 23rd September
    Released! WIT! Defense Grid 2, tower defense: 23rd September
    Released! Stronghold: Crusader 2, strategy: 23rd September
    Released! WIT! The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, adventure: 25th September
    Released! WIT! Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, adventure: 30th September
    Released! WIT! Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Creedlike: 30th September Note: It's a complete clusterfuck of varying release dates depending on console and region but the PC version seems to come out at this date in all regions.
    Released! Dark Souls II: Crown of the Ivory King (DLC), ARPG: 30th September

October
    Released! WIT! Alien: Isolation, horror: 7th October
    Released! Project Spark, ???: 7th October
    Released! NBA 2K15, hand-to-ball: 7th October
    Released! WIT! Costume Quest 2, JRPG (?): 7th October
    Released! WIT! Styx: Master of Shadows, stealth: 7th October
    Released! WIT! A Golden Wake, adventure: 9th October
    Released! Final Fantasy XIII, JRPG: 9th October
    Released! WIT! Ryse: Son of Rome, history channel: 10th October
    Released! WIT! Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, FPS: 14th October
    Released! WIT! The Evil Within, horror: 14th October
    Released! Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, open world: 14th October
    Released! Crusader Kings 2: Charlemagne (DLC), grand strategy: 14th October
    Released! WIT! Legend of Grimrock 2, RPG: 15th October
    Released! WIT! Door Kickers, tactics: 20th October
    Released! F1 2014, racing: 21st October Note: In a confounding move it actually is named after the year it is released in - unlike every other annual sports franchise.
    Released! The Legend of Korra, brawler (?): 21st October
    Released! Jagged Alliance: Flashback, tactics: 21st October
    Released! WIT! Dreamfall Chapters, adventure: 21st October Note: Only the first episode out of a planned five.
    Released! WIT! Civilization: Beyond Earth, strategy: 24th October
    Released! WIT! Lords of the Fallen, ARPG: 28th October
    Released! Europa Universalis 4: Art of War (DLC), grand strategy: 30th October
    Released! Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, CRPG: 30th October

November
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, ARPG: 3rd November
    Assassin's Creed: Unity, Creedlike: 11th November
    Valkyria Chronicles, tactics: 11th November
    The Crew, racing: 11th November
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, foot-to-ball: 13th November
    World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, MMORPG: 13th November
    Far Cry 4, FPS: 18th November
    Project CARS, racing: 18th November Note: UK version hits three days later which will probably include the EU in its entirety.
    Dragon Age: Inquisition, CRPG: 18th November

December
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, action-adventure (?): 9th December
    Metal Gear Solid V: ground Zeroes, stealth: 18th December

MIA
    Hotline Miami 2, murder simulator
    Way of the Samurai 4, ???
    Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, platformer
    Quadrilateral Cowboy, ???
    Runemaster, RPG
    Dragon Fin Soup, RPG/Roguelike
    Elite: Dangerous, spaceship
    Massive Chalice, tactical RPG
    Sunless Sea, SeaRPG
    Warmachine: Tactics, tactical RPG
    Dead State, ZRPG
    Armikrog, adventure
    Satellite Reign, not-Syndicate
    Ori and the Blind Forest, platformer
    Sealark, adventure

I linked every game to the appropriate tag which mean they will always be up to date. The only exceptions are Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 and Shantae. Instead I linked to their respective wikipedia pages. For some reason RPS doesn't like PES...or genies. The release dates should be fairly accurate at this point although the one or other might get delayed still.
    Also, I hope you can forgive the laconic genre descriptions. That is the price you have to pay for me not turning every month name into some endless Septembear/Octobear/Novembear/Decembear joke. I may be cruel and heartless but even I have my limits.

As always, corrections are welcome.

Edit1: Added Jagged Alliance: Flashback and Legend of Grimrock 2.
    Edit2: Added Project CARS, Elite: Dangerous, Massive Chalice, Sunless Sea, Warmachine: Tactics, Dead State, Armikrog, Satellite Reign Ori and the Blind Forest, Sealark; removed Hyper Light Drifter (moved to 2015)
    Added Released! for official releases and WIT! if there is a Wot-I-Think (review).
    Sealark managed to have neither a RPS entry nor a wikipedia page so I linked to the Kickstarter for now.
    Edit3: Releases updated, Dark Souls 2 DLC delay marked.
    The entire MIA list remains incredibly speculative.
    Edit4: Large update. Added Final Fantasy XIII and Dreamfall Chapters
    Edit5: Large update. Added Crusader Kings 2: Charlemagne and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes; removed Pillars of Eternity (moved to 2015)
    Edit5: Large update. Added Europa Universalis 4: Art of War.
    Edit6: Large update. Added Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, Door Kickers and Valkyria Chronicles.
    Last edited by Anthile; 30-10-2014 at 11:19 PM.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Thanks for that. Where do you get your info? It can be hard sometimes to get details like this.
    Also for someone who buys games almost exclusivly when on sale, there are a worrying amount ill probably just be buying around release.

Both IGN and wikipedia have lists for that but they're very inaccurate. Often I had to go to the developer page for a reliable date. Kickstarter and Early Access games are especially difficult to track down.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I want to give you a hug.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I think what's pretty neat is the sheer variety of genres represented there. There's a hell of a lot of offering almost regardless of whatever your taste is. I didn't think Hyper Light Drifter was this year, but that's definitely on my watch list. I think it's also a cross between the 2D styled Zeldas and a platformer. That's not to say it can't be classed as an ARPG, but I think it's more platformer adventure actiony...you know what, ARPG will do fine.

You also get stupendous plus points for your Ryse note.