Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'd imagine the player count (which was the thing I noticed) was to do with some sort of (internal?) testing.

They could do something of a test-run with MK9. If it does well on PC, they'll put in a port. Considering how few fighting games are on the PC, in terms of recent releases they'd only be fighting with themselves...well, and Divekick, whenever that comes out.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
    Not on the list I don't think but Dust: An Elysian Tail is now headed to Steam:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/23/du...ming-to-steam/

Running out of reasons to keep my 360 at this point. I wish they'd just port the Gears of War series over so I could just get rid of it altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Dust was expected, I believe. I'm confident I'd heard about that one before, or maybe I was just being hopeful? There's a Giant Bomb quick look of it. Looks lovely.
    Dust out on May 24th. (Aforementioned quick look available here.)

Sorry, I suppose that's not quite as exciting as anything else, although I don't think there's been much of anything else to talk about. It's very possible that Steam have tightened up viewing of the database since.

The initial list remains consistently accurate so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Damn. Well at least more stuff is coming out from that list I suppose.
    steam: sketch

Few things to mention, but a spot of house-keeping first.

ValveTestApp224340 (Fast and Furious 6)
    Confirmed. This wasn't too much of a surprise given that we knew the film was coming out around the same time and...well, the fact it was bloody obvious.

ValveTestApp32520 (Star Wars Generic Shooter )
    I've suggested before that this was more likely than not the Star Wars game announced to be unreleased but almost completed. Bearing in mind we've heard nothing else, I'm going to go full in and say that was exactly the case, done deal.

Additionally, Pinball FX2 came out. I can't be bothered to go back and find where the entry was for that, but I'm both sure we already spotted that and were aware of it's inevitable appearance on Steam.

Anyhow, I didn't check out the NeoGAF thread when I last posted, so I actually missed potentially a bit of info. So the database scanner that a lot of people used did some updates. Possibly directly related to that and not actual changes, but some more details on Halo 1, 2 and 3 were changed. 1 and 2 had their name changed from their test app number to Halo CE and 2, but 3 hasn't yet changed. Like H1/2, the same thing has happened for King of Fighters XIII, although as someone pointed out on Neogaf, under the OS list it has a Microsoft logo...the new one for Win8. Now that could mean a few different things, but the two likely reasons are that they simply used a new logo and/or it's a sign many of these games will be Win8 exclusive on Steam.

This is not unprecedented on Steam, especially not by MS, but still. Few more details for one of the Castlevania's, a few more achievements, but that was also already anticipated as discussed previously.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Thanks for the update. I'd like to see them come so much. I wonder what they would consider a good time to announce them? Not E3 I suppose.
    steam: sketch

Definitely a good time at E3. After the Xbox One announcement earlier, they implicitly stated that E3 would be for remaining discussion on the 360 and games. Besides, it's the Microsoft conference, not the Xbox one. They could spend the entire time talking about PC games if they wanted to. I definitely think something will come up then because if we remember, mid-July (or was it June?) was when Halo 2's MP on the PC was going to be finally stopped after its extension.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Definitely a good time at E3. After the Xbox One announcement earlier, they implicitly stated that E3 would be for remaining discussion on the 360 and games. Besides, it's the Microsoft conference, not the Xbox one. They could spend the entire time talking about PC games if they wanted to. I definitely think something will come up then because if we remember, mid-July (or was it June?) was when Halo 2's MP on the PC was going to be finally stopped after its extension.
    I am not so sure. Halo 2 is going to look pretty dated by now, and MS is already going to have an uphill battle to justify a console that admits to ("optional") always-on and mechanisms to kill used games (rather than not admitting it and just letting things follow their natural course, like with the PS4 :p). People are stupid and putting an emphasis on an older title that isn't pretty won't help.

That being said, it IS possible that MS are doing a re-release of the Halo series for the XBOX1 (since apparently the 1 isn't backwards compatible and they have no mention of cloud gaming like the PS4 did) and a PC port is a possibility for that. It would also help since I know a lot of people thought Halo 4 was good but "wasn't as good as a Bungie game", so this will help with that. And it is a comparatively low-effort game that will give the XBOX1 a fighting chance at dominating MP again.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

There's also discussions of a Halo 2 Anniversary, but honestly I don't see them worrying about that. I also don't think them being on the PC would have anything to do with Xbox One either, apart from maybe your idea of re-releasing them and with the architecture being so similar they could kill two birds with one stone. To me, putting Halo on the PC properly (okay, well, 1 was released properly) is MS's way of saying "Look, we've screwed up with the PC, but we're going to fix this. How? Halo." It'd work.

Besides, people won't be buying Halo for their graphics. People buy old games on Steam all the time, so long as they look acceptable. Even Halo CE doesn't look too bad at 1080. I posted in the screenshot thread while I did my legendary run on it a few months back. It's obviously not brand new, but it's doable. I do actually think a lot of the art design mitigates a few of the graphical issues and obviously Halo 3 will look pretty good considering it's technically a current gen title. A few higher res textures here and there and boom, it'll look solid at 1080.

No, the people buying Halo are buying it for the game-play and story first.