Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    He also posted on NeoGAF with similarly vague terminology. You have to remember that answering this in certain ways is tantamount to confirmation. It's usually where many simply go "We do not comment on rumours and speculations" - they aren't worth our time, so they shouldn't be worth yours. The thing is, there is a lot of proof in Halo's favour. Halo 3 hasn't been updated in the database for a bit. Fine, sure, okay. But why then did they recently appear in AMD's driver support listings? They're once a month, so what's going on there? There's a lot more to this than meets the eye.
    You're right, the AMD thing is very suspicious, especially following the Steam thing. For it to appear in one PC game registry is one thing, but two is very odd.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    This is now the universal PC port rumour thread, right?
    While there's this seemingly never-ending torrent of news, might as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    You're right, the AMD thing is very suspicious, especially following the Steam thing. For it to appear in one PC game registry is one thing, but two is very odd.
    It's not even that AMD are providing GPU support for the consoles either; when do you ever see console games reported in any driver support? It just doesn't happen. So, yes, one is questionable, two is starting to ask questions.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    But that's the thing, it's not driver support per se, it's CrossFire support. They've given the game a CrossFire profile.

Only plausible reason to give a console game like Halo3 a CrossFire profile is because someone asked AMD to do it.

I don't necessarily think that is as much as an important note as the fact it exists, but yes, that is true. From the leaks and rumours about the next Xbox, it seems to be a very similar set-up to the PS4 and seemingly not support with any sort of dual-card set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    ValveTestApp223280 (Cut the Rope)
    Released.

Also, Ms. Splosion Man is coming out soon, finally. I don't know if I still have any significant interest in it, but it looked like an intriguing platformer. It's been confirmed for coming out on the PC/Steam for ages, been in the database for almost as long, but not much really happened with it. Still, it's coming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Hmm

My wild guess: XBOX 720 is going to use Steam and this is them adding entries to it.
    Probability of wild guess: Near zero
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    They will probably announce these games in 4 days.

Just saying...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Hmm

My wild guess: XBOX 720 is going to use Steam and this is them adding entries to it.
    Probability of wild guess: Near zero
    If you're right, I'll buy you a pint*. Just because I really don't think you're right but it's a fun guess!

*of a drink that as a standard comes in pints, in other words beer, not spirits. Not an Irish mans pint.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Well there are numerous suggestions that the next Xbox will use a form of Win8. That, I think, is one of the more believable elements out of all the rumours that have come out of the pre-release talking. Will it run Steam though? It's possible, I suppose and with controller support in Big Picture mode, it's not utterly inconceivable, but I don't think that's the direction Microsoft want to take the Xbox in. They see it as more of a family entertainment system than as a games console now, for better or worse.