Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar

Help me remember a game: old creepy PnC adventure

My brother made me play a shitload of PnC adventure games in his old 386 when I was like, 8-10 years old. Most of them I managed to beat, but there's a really creepy one I never managed to beat and I can't remember it's name and I'd like to beat it at last after all these years.

You lived in a standard suburb house where the character suffered nightmares and weird things kept happening, specially around the old clock in the living room; eventually you ended up in some twisted alternate reality where frightening beings were capturing and using human beings, and it looked like slowly the twisted reality started to bleed into the "normal" one.

Any ideas what the game might be called? Been looking around but can't find it, seems it's kinda obscure.

Thanks in advance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Wow that was fast! Yes, that's exactly the one, thank you very much!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Richard Cobbett wrote an excellent Crapshoot about it. Very spoilery, though, so if you're really going to play it, don't read it now.

Activated Node
    Isn't this games imagery based on the art from that penis art guy that died recently?

Quote Originally Posted by unclepauly View Post
    Isn't this games imagery based on the art from that penis art guy that died recently?
    Robin Williams?

Kidding. You mean Geiger?

Because, yes, that does look a hell of a lot like Geiger. Who aside from drawing penises also drew penises that got turned into the aliens from Alien.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Giger actually created art for Dark Seed. The sequel licensed some of his older artwork.

WOW! I haven't seen this since my Amiga days! Cheers for the reminder and I'd forgotten about Giger being invloved too. I remember the start intro where the guys brain is being sucked out of his head! Ha ha! It really freaked me out at the time.

I found this on youtube too, if you guys want to reminisce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3dGvTaQjd8 ;-)