Network Hub

Help remembering a game name

Been a while RPS people!

So, a few months ago there was a very pretty looking game which looked interesting and I ignored because there was no way my brick of a PC could run it. Now I have a new PC, and I remember the look of the game but not at all what it was named. Help!
    So the things I remember about it are:
    • It was pretty
    • It involved flying fancy looking aircraft - I can't remember if they are airplanes/jetplanes or spacecraft
    • I believe the game itself was a fast-paced multiplayer 'arena-ish' shooter (i.e. defined matches rather than exploring a world)

Any ideas?
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Strike Vector?

Do you remember what the movement/gameplay was like? How sci fi was everything?

edit: Dreadnought was also shown off a few months ago I think, not really fast paced though. Also it isn't out yet.
    Last edited by KR_Remix; 17-12-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Maybe War Thunder or World of Warplanes, I remember they did a review on warplanes but the comments were filled with how much RPS gets paid by wargaming.net to not review War Thunder then they did it. But I don't think those two are overly demanding on your PC but they do fly planes and have arena-ish matchmaking system.

Network Hub
    Strike Vector was it! Thanks very much!
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

No problem, not sure if there is an active multiplayer community still though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll keep this one going

Back in the 80s there was a Spectrum game where you had to destroy loads of enemies who appeared at spawners (it's not Gauntlet but that sort of idea) - you could shoot-out "doors" or "barriers" to control which way they/you could move etc.

I've never found what than was called and I imagine it's a BIT more challenging ;0

Ranarama?

Sorry, don't really know much about Spectrum games.

edit: maybe Into the Eagle's Nest, or Dandy?
    Last edited by KR_Remix; 18-12-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dandy it was (or a clone or something VERY like it!) well done there!!