Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Right, but there's usually an acceptable period of time where with numbers low enough, servers will shut down (whether or not you think that's right aside for the moment). It's very likely you're correct, but it could lend credence to Steam.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Right, but there's usually an acceptable period of time where with numbers low enough, servers will shut down (whether or not you think that's right aside for the moment). It's very likely you're correct, but it could lend credence to Steam.
    Not if gamers hate you. THen you are an evil bastard no matter what if you ever kill the master server that four people are using.

What I would personally love is for some group to standardize a set of hooks for "all" multiplayer games so that external server browsers can be used. Of course, this is problematic wit hthe growing focus on in-game communities and probably goes counter to the DRM issue, but I can't help but think this would future-proof said games (to the extent that future OSes can even run them).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

The execs that make this decision can probably know that they're being called evil bastards by people who don't really know the true figures.

Anyhow, Brutal Legend is true, Dyad true, a few others that are definitely coming. The list is looking more and more believable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Problem is that they'll be a vocal minority and you'll be painted an "enemy of gaming". For a company like EA that is nothing, but for pretty much everyone else it hurts and can even impact sales to a degree/limit what licenses you are going to get (more this). Because for those lucrative tie-in contracts (the ones people actually care about and intend to buy), they don't want to be associated with an "evil corporation" if they can help it. They want to be "cool".

You get enough angry jackasses, you become EA. A company that could offer free blowjobs, diamonds, and puppies to everyone who was willing to say "EA isn't pure evil all the time. Just most of the timke" and would STILL be villified and called an exploiter of children or whatever.

Hell, I consider myself pretty rational and understanding. And I STILL hate Atari for killing the master server for XMP even though the entire playerbase could fit on one server.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    At the moment we just don't know. It certainly seems that at one point in time MS had at least seriously considered putting Halo on Steam. If Halo 2's 'further support' is through Steam, I'd say it lends a lot of credibility to the list that came out, including the other Halos (at the very least, Halo 1. I could see them spacing out for 3, but that would be a touch silly I reckon).

As for 3, well, plot-wise having played 1 and 2 is pretty important, but on the whole I found the single player very enjoyable, albeit not the best (better than 2, not as good as 1 and Reach)

One of these days I'm going to poke you right in the eye.

Have you played Halo 4 yet btw?
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    ValveTestApp32320 (Lego Star Wars 2)
    doesn't Steam already have Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga?
    if so, why would they need Lego Star Wars 2.
    [the Complete saga is pretty much the same game as Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 with some new features added]
    and i hope that Lucas Arts test app has something to do with Grim Fandango, because i have been hoping to play that game for awhile now.
    Last edited by megarock58; 14-02-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    One of these days I'm going to poke you right in the eye.

Have you played Halo 4 yet btw?
    Haha. I haven't played ODST, though would like to, but I appreciate my opinion on Reach is in the minority. That said, I haven't played 3 for a bit and The Covenant is an amazing level by all means (in fact, post-Ark, the game goes from being good to amazing, I think). Just something about Reach's bleakness that does something for me. And no, I've not yet played 4. Based on the stuff I've heard, I'm not sure if I will. I have heard some spoilers though, which do little to spur me either way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong, I like Reach quite a lot. I just didn't like it as much as the others, it didn't feel as 'alien' as the rest did (same goes for ODST, although the core gameplay is great)

What have you heard about 4?

I think it's a great continuation if you like the series and you really, really should play it.
    steam: sketch

Mostly story stuff, some things that I went and thought "Huh, really? Was that necessary?" or "Errrm, but why?" Jeff Gerstmann comments on one of the Giant Bombcasts was along the lines of "We're still doing the same thing that we've been doing for 10 years". I probably will play it, one day. I only played Halo 2 for the first (and only) time about a month before H3's release.

Anyhow, I'll keep my eyes peeled on any stuff regarding the leaked list. I think there's a strong element of truth to it and at any rate, I'm confident we'll get definitive answers at some point, even if it does mean waiting some time. I think we'll know a lot more though at the very latest of E3. Considering the extension for Halo 2's MP was till June, it only needs to be mid-June for E3 and for MS to go "New Xbox, new Halo, by the way, re-live old Halos on the PC!"