Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    So are they really working on a new, pc only, free not f2p ut game? I can't really believe it, those working on their own arenas are crying tears (of joy?) now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    So are they really working on a new, pc only, free not f2p ut game? I can't really believe it, those working on their own arenas are crying tears (of joy?) now.
    Well, it is primarily a publicity thing for the UE4 since they are pseudo-open sourcing it (I think the livestream said that it will be available to anyone with a UE4 license), and it is being crowd-designed, so that PROBABLY won't end well (remember Tribes 2 and all the patches that taught us why you should never listen to fans? :p). And I still have definite concerns about how much people will be expected to spend on hats and maps, to the point that I suspect every server will be hordes of Malcolms fighting on Deck.
    Which, to be fair, was true of every UT :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Final Fantasy 3 in 3D (that is to say a 3D version, not visible in 3D) is coming to PC.
    The Steam page is now up. Boasts such features as "Stream trading cards and achievements", "Upgraded graphics for PC" and "Requires 800mb space." Not purchasable as of yet, but I imagine it's going to be a short wait between now and then.

On the UT news, I just want to say that I'm incredibly excited for it. It seems like they're starting it off by taking some of the most popular maps and bringing them up to graphical snuff, which is excellent. Can't wait for it to be playable.

EDIT: Siliconera have a price listing (somehow) of $15.99/€12.99/10.99. For reference, 7 and 8 are 10. I mean I think the pricing is off on all of those, but whatever. I also failed to mention last time that hilariously there's an age gate on viewing the FF3 page.

Also, and this occurred to me while writing up this edit, FF6 was recently ported to iOS, albeit in 2D form. I know the general reception was that it wasn't quite right on iOS, but nonetheless I wouldn't be surprised if that eventually got a port to Steam as well.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 09-05-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I'll just leave this here.
    Double post for new thing.

Errrm, Age of Mythology EX is out, as of yesterday. I...well, talk about a lack of fan-fare. 23 for the lone game (includes AoE, AoE: The Titans and Golden Gift campaign), 68 for a four pack. Includes 'full Steamworks integration' (and it is pretty much everything) and more graphics.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Well, it is primarily a publicity thing for the UE4 since they are pseudo-open sourcing it (I think the livestream said that it will be available to anyone with a UE4 license), and it is being crowd-designed, so that PROBABLY won't end well (remember Tribes 2 and all the patches that taught us why you should never listen to fans? :p). And I still have definite concerns about how much people will be expected to spend on hats and maps, to the point that I suspect every server will be hordes of Malcolms fighting on Deck.
    Which, to be fair, was true of every UT :p
    Never played tribes 2 but yeah that looks dangerous (tbh I thought veterans were developing it and encouraging people to suggest stuff which is a bullshit trend but harmless I guess)
    Last edited by Wenz; 10-05-2014 at 08:20 AM.

On the other hand, it is completely free, and basically just there to act as a starting point for mods which the business model revolves around. If they do end up screwing something up, it can probably be fixed easily enough with a touch of modding.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EPICTHEFAIL View Post
    On the other hand, it is completely free, and basically just there to act as a starting point for mods which the business model revolves around. If they do end up screwing something up, it can probably be fixed easily enough with a touch of modding.
    Research Unreal TOurnament 3 for why that isn't really true

If you don't get an initial userbase, people aren't going to want to make mods and the like. Also, as UT2k3/2k4 taught us, if it is just as easy to make mods as it is to make a "product", people opt for the one that gives them more monetary gain and a stronger portfolio

Don't get me wrong, I really want this to work out and I like the UE4 in general. But I can't help but feel Epic is pushing a decade old model (that already failed them 1.5 times).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That game with mod support would be nice. I just got it for $5 on PS3, now need the time to play it. Recent Playstation game sales have been great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Please, please, please let this be true!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/12/red-...ay-be-a-thing/
    I'll sell you all as slaves to pay for it. If its actually true I think it'd make me happier than hearing about any other game in a long time.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

It seems unlikely, but there's as much support for this as there have been other games that have been posted here and since been confirmed for release. Not that I'll be double dipping. I thought it wasn't very good.