Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post

Looks similar to the new game from people who made Amnesia.

Even though it has seemingly gone almost completely unnoticed by PC sites, there is another Platinum game coming to PC. No, don't get your hopes up, it's none of their older stuff. Instead it's a licensed game based on Avatar: Legend of Korra. No, still don't get your hopes up, it's published by Activision and we all know their history with licensed games. It's also just a downloadable title. It's supposed to come out "this fall" for every platform under the sun. Enjoy this completely nondescript trailer:

Is that supposed to be actual in-game graphics? I would find that hard to believe.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    To be fair to Activision and licensed games, those Transformers games, the two Cybertron ones weren't bad games. They were faithful to the source materials and were fun to play. Nothing earth shattering but certainly nothing like the Iron Man/Thor games that got launched with the movies.

The Deadpool game was also a good representation of the character, at least in his somewhat recent Daniel Way written way.

Regarding the graphics, those are most likely the cinematics, but IGN put some pictures up of in game graphics and it looks feasible.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Even though it has seemingly gone almost completely unnoticed by PC sites, there is another Platinum game coming to PC. No, don't get your hopes up, it's none of their older stuff. Instead it's a licensed game based on Avatar: Legend of Korra. No, still don't get your hopes up, it's published by Activision and we all know their history with licensed games. It's also just a downloadable title. It's supposed to come out "this fall" for every platform under the sun. Enjoy this completely nondescript trailer:

Is that supposed to be actual in-game graphics? I would find that hard to believe.
    I reject your plea of equanimity.

It is physically impossible for me not to get my hopes up when Legend of Korra and Platinum Games are mentioned in the same sentence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I know nothing of this "Korra" business, nor do I particularly care to learn of it.

But it's Platinum. We're talking of the company that managed to turn Raiden from hated character to biggest baddest badass in the history of ever. It cannot possibly be a bad game. It is physically and theoretically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I know nothing of this "Korra" business, nor do I particularly care to learn of it.

But it's Platinum. We're talking of the company that managed to turn Raiden from hated character to biggest baddest badass in the history of ever. It cannot possibly be a bad game. It is physically and theoretically impossible.
    *osnap* Is it possible you have not experienced Avatar: The Last Airbender animated series yet? IMHO, it's simply the best animated series ever. Yes, even better than Daria.

Korra is the follow-up series and not quite as good or even in the same league. But very enjoyable, nevertheless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Yes, even better than Daria.
    You just made me into an Avatar hater out of sheer spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    You just made me into an Avatar hater out of sheer spite.
    lol. Sorry, couldn't resist and know that I have a very, very high opinion of the Daria series.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    *osnap* Is it possible you have not experienced Avatar: The Last Airbender animated series yet? IMHO, it's simply the best animated series ever. Yes, even better than Daria.
    Oh, God, stop, my aching sides can't take it.

(Seriously, Rauten, though, arguments aside, it is good, and I don't blame Nazgul for getting over-excited. You should give it a watch - a few episodes, at least. It's not even close to the truly great Japanese animes - it's far too interested in pandering to a younger audience - but it's still really good television, and the kind of thing Western studios really should have been doing more of. Platinum certainly could make an amazing game out of it.)

My opinion is strictly my own and is not reflective of those of other Nazgul or Mordor, Inc.

I dug out a proper preview from USGamer. Kind of interesting that Avatar is unlicensed and almost completely unknown in Japan.
    Not a whole lot of info but I imagine we will soon see more.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Super Time Force is coming out on Steam.

In other news, critically liked XBLA title makes its way to Steam like all of the rest of them.