Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Beyond Good & Evil is finally getting a sequel, although creator Michel Ancel had to half quit Ubisoft before the publisher would admit it.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 has been teased regularly for years, but in a statement regarding Ubisoft Montpellier’s current project, Ubisoft confirmed that it’s definitely happening.

“In many ways, BG&E is an inimitable game – it appeals to all generations of gamers and is an inspiration behind many of Ubisoft Montpellier’s past and future games,” the publisher told Eurogamer.

“It’s still far too early to give many details about this new title, but what we can say is that while Michel and the team at Ubisoft Montpellier are working with the core tenets of BG&E, they’re developing something that aspires to push past the boundaries of a proverbial sequel and leverages next-gen technologies to deliver a truly surprising, innovative and exceptional game.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/31/beyo...lly-happening/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    The news came as a consequence of the revelation that Ancel, who also created Ubisoft mascot Rayman, has founded his own independent developer: Wild Sheep Studio. The new team is composed of 13 staffers and has a game in the works already, with an announcement expected soon.
    *faints*
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?

So Ancel has his own studio and project now but he's still at ubi working on BG&E2. Am I understanding things correctly or am I just confused?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I will be happy if just give me the original character, a camera, and thing to capture in images, and a cool world to explore. I don't really need a game, I am just happy with the BGE world and the very likeable main character.
    Abandoned PC gaming for good. Now rest in a better place. psn:Teikman

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?

So Ancel has his own studio and project now but he's still at ubi working on BG&E2. Am I understanding things correctly or am I just confused?
    Yea he's still working at Ubisoft.

P.S. I beat RPS proper to the punch har har har :P

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...ie-wild-sheep/

If they want to raise cash, rerelease Rayman 2 on modern OS and consoles, and bring a renaissance of the 3D Platformer.
    If we dream, might as well go higher.

Rayman 2 and HH are on GOG. And of course the eponymous game to this news (I had to use that word, never remember to use that word :P).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Uh huh, sure. BG&E2 is definitely coming. Oh, yeah, they're definitely working on it. I mean, just ask Playstation fans about how little time left they have to wait for The Last Guardian to come out!

I do want to see BG&E2, but I'll need more than "It's a thing" at this point.

EDIT: No Man's Sky is definitely coming to PC, but after the PS4 release (timed exclusive). Whilst there's been significant mention of a PC release, it hasn't been completely acknowledged as a definite. It now has.

No Man's Sky is coming to PC, but will launch as a timed exclusive for PS4. So has that changed the game in any way? "I actually got in a bit of trouble for saying that we wanted the game to feel really console-y" says Murray. "We've always had PC in mind but in my head (console-y) means solid framerate and immediate controls"

"I think a PC game can be 'console-y' and it's intended as a compliment, but I get in trouble for saying it." But While Hello always planned for it's game to come out on consoles, knowing it's lead platform has been useful.
    Super Edit: And open that link because the cover page is great.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 01-08-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Uh huh, sure. BG&E2 is definitely coming. Oh, yeah, they're definitely working on it. I mean, just ask Playstation fans about how little time left they have to wait for The Last Guardian to come out!

I do want to see BG&E2, but I'll need more than "It's a thing" at this point.
    Shush! It's definitively in alpha stage as we speak! Jade's camera has HDR and motion compensation implemented, and the cows blink.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Ryse is coming to PC in 4K and with all DLC. The digital version is self-published by Crytek and a retail version is distributed by Deep Silver.

Ryse just won the SIGGRAPH 2014 Best Real-Time Graphics. The PC port is probably going to be the visual benchmark for a long time.

Every time TGS rolls by and we see nothing of TLG again I cry a little on the inside.

And yea it would be nice if UbiSoft started giving a crap about BGE to the poi t it releases sometime soon.

But I have to say I'm a little worried that it might become a little too open world (not in the good way) and inspired by Assassins Creed and lose a little focus on good gameplay and engaging narrative and what not. Unless they build the world impeccably almost. I have high hopes for both TLG and BGE anyway.

Also when is the ETA on the Halo games for PC? No recent news anymore I suppose. Would be nice to finally play Halo 3 and Reach if that one comes too. Always enjoyed the series.

So many years since Halo 3…

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Ryse is coming to PC in 4K and with all DLC. The digital version is self-published by Crytek and a retail version is distributed by Deep Silver.

Ryse just won the SIGGRAPH 2014 Best Real-Time Graphics. The PC port is probably going to be the visual benchmark for a long time.
    Great, but will the completely redesign the gameplay so it isn't a snorefest? Yeah, still not interested

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Microsoft wanted to fund Ryse 2 (they funded Ryse) but wanted control over the IP. Crytek refused.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Also when is the ETA on the Halo games for PC?
    There was an entry in Amazon UK and Spain for a PC version of the Master Chief Collection (H:CE A, H2A, 3 and 4 upressed and up-frame-rated) but I think that was just a spurious error. Nothing, really. One of the 343i guys has been adamant that nothing is coming. It's highly possible that a year or so after MCC is out and Halo 5 is either knocking on or already inside doors, it could get a port to the PC, but honestly I wouldn't bank on it.

For all their high talk, Microsoft are the king of bullshitting about releasing stuff on the PC. Even when they've had partners work on 'exclusive' content that has gone on to release on the PC for them to then go "Wow, the PC [everything] has been so good we won't neglect it in the future" they've barely piped up. But don't worry, at least you can buy a Master Chief adorned mouse from Microsoft now so you can use it to play the HIGHLY IMPORTANT Halo PC release of Spartan Assault that is already available.

Man, at this point I'd just be happy with a good re-release of Viva Pinata that didn't come with GFWL.