Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    "Super House of Dead Ninjas"

SOLD! :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    It would be retarded - YEAH I SAID IT - to port Halo 3 when the Halo 4 marketing marketing/meat wagon is just now spinning down its blades.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    It would be retarded - YEAH I SAID IT - to port Halo 3 when the Halo 4 marketing marketing/meat wagon is just now spinning down its blades.
    This is Microsoft we're talking about, though.
    So, Halo 3 confirmed then.

I think this is just some research project of a Valve intern. Make a 'ping' in the list and see how it spreads through the internets. Additionally the degree of hypeness is plotted against the number of words written about the subject.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    "Frankenstein" could be a nickname for a version that is "hibrid" of different versions, maybe combine two compeltelly separate things? maybe have older mods running in a virtual "CivIV" machine inside CivV?.
    EDIT: oh.. is just the dev version. Disregard this.

Theres somewhere in steam a "Nexuiz for IDIOTS" or something like that.
    Last edited by Tei; 04-02-2013 at 06:50 PM.

So it was all looking like one big hoax or troll or whatever.

One of the games on the list is a PSN indie darling named Dyad.

And the developer just confirmed that yes, it's coming to Steam, and this leak has forced him to come out with it a bit earlier than he wanted. Related link to NeoGaf post.

Now this re-raises the question, how much is a hoax and how much is real? Back to square one folks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Not really. MS gets its biggest amount of money from their self published games on their closed system. Halo 4 will still sell on the 360, however the market interest on the consoles for 1-3 (even ODST, Wars and Reach) on the 360 has to be minimal now. You can't squeeze out any more sales there. You can on PC though; plenty people will have passed on Halo 1, you'll have people who will have not bought 2 because of its state and the people who did buy the previous two will be looking to 'Finish the Fight!' so it's not really too ridiculous.

With that in mind, I'd love to see a port of ODST (which I've never played) and Reach. Wars I can do without, considering it was watered down for the consoles and I don't think it was terribly good anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Now this re-raises the question, how much is a hoax and how much is real? Back to square one folks.
    From that list, we already knew that several of the games were coming, others were likely to come but hadn't been confirmed and that some others could be logical internal testing names etc. There wasn't much on it that wasn't unlikely, but obviously when it was all put together...Halo is obviously the stand-out one, or one of the big ones. Though as someone noticed, again on GAF, all 3 were added at the same time. Someone was definitely intentionally doing something there. Other titles that have been on the database that haven't been released are all perfectly explainable too, eg. Final Fantasy 7 - later sold through Square Enix's own thing. We also know MS was looking to get back into DD on the PC, particularly Steam (there's an image floating around with information pointing to this). The time frame all fits.

Will all of these exactly happen? I dunno, but there's a good bet that the majority will.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Someone at valve trolling before they got the sack? Valve trolling. April 1st early setup backfired. Or basically VALVE TROLLING.
    7bbc0c72.jpg

Activated Node
    Please let KOF be real, that would be sick!

Yeah, I'd love the latest KOF on PC. I also wouldn't mind Halo 3 myself. It wasn't anything that great, but the multiplayer was pretty enjoyable.

I'd personally love to have more Halo on PC just because it's an FPS with a different aesthetic to the vast majority of what's on the market at the moment, and that aesthetic just happens to be something close to my heart (colourful super-high-tech scifi).
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    Prey 2, it might actually be happening.
    Quite possibly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    It would, curiously, mark a mainstream release featuring arena styled FPS combat. Think about that. When we're relying on a 5 year old port of Halo for something to really grab us in that sense. Jeez.