Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Can't wait for Rise of Nations on Steam. It's sad how that series has fallen into obscurity while people still bitch about Ensemble and AoE.
    I absolutely adored that game, if it comes to steam I will buy it in a heartbeat.

Age of Empires II (and the expansion, the icon in the link is that of the expansion) and Rise of Nations are instabuys really. They're games that I installed from dodgy disks when I was young in Sri Lanka and played for eons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Keep in mind it is ALSO possible that some of this is internal testing. Using Halo 2 (with Gfwl achievements, I assume) to test if they can intercept those calls to help developers more easily use steamworks. I don't see why they would be dumb enough to put it in the main database (a goof?) but there you go.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517122
    Looks like an old Ensemble programmer is working at Valve now. He wanted to access the source so that he could port the game to DirectX9 and remove the online stuff. Looks like he made it.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Wait, my half-assed random thought was actually close to correct? Holy crap...
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Checking the database again (see the GAF link in my post that brought up AOE2) and there are new additions; payment methods (ie. single, 4-pack etc.). That's basically the tell-tale sign that it's assuredly coming.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

So, AOE2 has been confirmed. Fez entry in the database updated with purchasing options. Angry Birds Space has just been added to Steam.

What are Microsoft up to? Is this the death knell for GFWL? Seemingly every few days, the leaked list seems to be growing in validity.

To wit:

ValveTestApp209320 (Steam Wallet Trading)
    Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+) - confirmed

ValveTestApp224340 (Fast and Furious 6)
    ValveTestApp223650 (FEAR Online)

ValveTestApp223280 (Cut the Rope)

ValveTestApp223100 (Homefront 2) - unconfirmed, but highly likely

ValveTestApp227780 (Serious Sam: Revolution) - confirmed

ValveTestApp222260 (Europa Universalis IV - BETA) - any reason to doubt this?

ValveTestApp219260 (QUantum Conundrum 2) - unconfirmed, but likely

ValveTestApp219110 (The Hobbit)
    ValveTestApp206420 (Saints Row Episode 4) - unconfirmed, but highly likely
    ValveTestApp203270 (Saints Row IV) - //

ValveTestApp216760 (Halo: Combat Evolved) - dismissed in the vaguest PR comment possible with ONLY reference to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

ValveTestApp216780 (Halo 2) - GFWL supported servers announced to be turned off, then in the eleventh hour kept back on until the summer 'to find alternative solutions'. (AOE2, of note, will use Steam for its MP.)
    ValveTestApp216800 (Halo 3)
    ValveTestApp205890 (Runescape) - they are doing a re-release and it's FTP, so it would fit Steam
    ValveTestApp211560 (Crysis 2 GOTY) - possible alternative name for the 'Maximum Edition' and has gone unused?
    ValveTestApp204450 (Call of Juarez Gunslinger) - unconfirmed, but likely

ValveTestApp202800 (Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter Nights Complete)
    ValveTestApp202780 (Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection)
    ValveTestApp210550 (Angry Birds Space) - confirmed/released

ValveTestApp210540 (Angry Birds Seasons) - unconfirmed, but now highly likely

ValveTestApp209910 (Peter Jackson's King Kong)

ValveTestApp102300 (World of Tanks)
    ValveTestApp210530 (Angry Birds Rio) - unconfirmed, but now highly likely

ValveTestApp224400 (LucasArts Test App)

Baldur's Gate 2: Complete (Baldur's Gate 2 - Complete)
    ValveTestApp107410 (Arma 3 Alpha) - confirmed/released

ValveTestApp91300 (Sacred 3)

ValveTestApp72790 (Prey2)

ValveTestApp44350 (GRID 2) - confirmed/in-store
    ValveTestApp71340 (Total War: Cavemen)

ValveTestApp65160 (Bus Simulator)

ValveTestApp65150 (Ship Simulator)

ValveTestApp221520 (Civ V - Frankenstein) - confirmed (see below posts)
    CivilizationV-EXE-Frankenstein - //
    CivilizationV-BaseContent-Frankenstein - //

Saw2 (Saw 2)
    ValveTestApp32520 (Star Wars Generic Shooter )
    ValveTestApp32320 (Lego Star Wars 2)

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (Medal of Honor Pacific Assault)

ValveTestApp9020 (Return to Castle Wolfenstein Enemy Territory)
    ValveTestApp220050 (The Walking Dead : Survival Instinct)

ValveTestApp224760 (Fez) - confirmed/purchase options recently added
    ValveTestApp33000 (Rise of Nations Gold)

Other entries include:
    Super House of Dead Ninjas - already released
    Dyad - confirmed
    Retro/Grade - confirmed
    Last edited by The JG Man; 08-03-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Halo on Steam, the end is nigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    ValveTestApp32520 (Star Wars Generic Shooter )
    ValveTestApp33000 (Rise of Nations Gold)
    Holy cow, Generic Shooter? Really?
    Rise of Nations is just amazing.
    EDIT: I'm up for a AoE2 4-pack, if anybody wants in just shout http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...855#post266855
    Last edited by somini; 07-03-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    ValveTestApp221520 (Civ V - Frankenstein)
    CivilizationV-EXE-Frankenstein
    CivilizationV-BaseContent-Frankenstein
    I thought this had been confirmed as their internal test build.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Yes, it was. Which is a pity. Because now I'm left with a hankering for a Vampire faction led by Bela Lugosi.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Yes, it was. Which is a pity. Because now I'm left with a hankering for a Vampire faction led by Bela Lugosi.
    Civ IV. Mods.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Civ IV. Mods.
    I can't possibly go back to Civ IV after playing the stack-less wonderfulness of Civ 5. Seriously, those stacks of death go fudge themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Halo on Steam, the end is nigh! //
    Holy cow, Generic Shooter? Really?
    The end...of productivity, that is! And generic shooter, being realistic, is a great name if you're actively trying to hide what you're doing. My first thought would be to 1313, but it looks like that might be in some sort of limbo after LucasArts was bought by Disney and the latter's focus on image. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin' Ranger View Post
    I thought this had been confirmed as their internal test build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Yes, it was.
    Ta! I've gone back and updated.