Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whats the MMO you've played the most?

For me its definitely Runescape, I spent countless hours grinding on that game lol

Obscure Node
    Ultima Online, back in the days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Some MUD or the other.

Obscure Node
    Ragnarok Online... yeah, I'm old :(

Activated Node
    Ultima Online, 1998-1999 I think.

Coming in second would have to be Guild Wars, followed by Guild Wars 2.

Network Hub
    Eve Online comes in first by a large margin i'd say. Followed by Ultima Online, both on the official server and some of the freeshards later (looks like it was rather popular in germany?) and either Guild Wars 2 or Wildstar.
    Bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful!
    Poke me on Steam, if you must.

Obscure Node
    WoW. Spent years on that game. Played all the way through vanilla, TBC, WotLK. I quit when Cataclysm hit because the real world required my attention. Thought I'd give MoP a go but couldn't get into it; dailies and dailies and guess what, more dailies.
    WoD was the best expansion to date in my opinion. Seeing the old models reworked into something more modern was fascinating. Haven't played in a while but I'm sure the trailers and hype for the next expansion will lure me back in (as always!).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Neck-and-neck between Elite Dangerous and Guild Wars 2, and I think Elite's winning. Not exactly a traditional MMO, but it still counts.
    Guild Wars 2 - Failbaddon, Mars Baneblade, Vulkan Hellhammer
    Elite: Dangerous - EpicTheTrumble
    Steam - EPICTHEFAIL

F2p Metin2 and requiem bloodymare. They were shit and probably died otherwise they still waste people's time.

Also eve for a month.

shadowbane

i still find myself thinking about logging in.. one of the best rp strategy games ever designed.
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

"the operator of toast is a person"

Lord of the Rings Online. But only about 10-20 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by absolute View Post
    For me its definitely Runescape, I spent countless hours grinding on that game lol
    Definitely the game of all time! :)

Runescape and RBF and RO for me! Sometimes i also play WOW

WOW, Age of Conan

The only MMO I've ever played for more than a couple of hours is Guild Wars 2. I have logged about 220 hours in GW2, so that's not a whole lot for an MMO.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Activated Node
    World of Warcraft for me too.

I was hooked from the moment I got in to the American Stress Test. Yeah, the lagged was a nightmare but it was worth it. And the moment I fell in love was when I got to Ironforge for the first time with my Dwarf warrior and saw that giant dwarf (hur hur) statue.

I played religiously until towards the end of WotLK where some changes made kinda ruined the whole magic for me. Mostly the cross realm thing, which I completely get why they did it, to populate lower zones and make grouping easier, but it totally killed off server communities.

Cataclysm killed it off even more for me, where I left for a couple of years. Came back in the final phase of Mists of Pandaria and the magic returned. I treated WoW as a new game and have quite happily played through Warlords of Draenor and I am interested in Legion.

The other MMO of my choice was Star Wars: The Old Republic. Wasn't the MMO I was hoping for, but it had the familiarity of WoW in the Universe of Star Wars. It eventually won me over with its personal story lines and I even dabbled in the raiding.

I played Guild Wars 1 quite a bit, but this was after the release of Guild Wars 2 (I wanted to follow the story line and see what happens before starting GW2). I struggle to get in to Guild Wars 2 though. I guess I am a sucker for the Tank/Heal/DPS side of MMOs, and find that I float around in GW2 without any idea about what I'm doing. Charr Guardian... am I a tank? Am I a healer? Meh.

It's a shame as its such a gloriously beautiful MMO, and I wish I could get in to it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Warframe. Far and away Warframe. Sure its grindy as hell and much more fun if you just pay some money up front for the variety that money can purchase.

But that moment to moment game play...wow. Blocking bullets with swords; leaping off walls and the heads of enemies. Bouncing around vertically and gliding in slow mo through the air while taking enemies down. That game you wanted where you get to do all the cool stuff you see in cut scenes while you're actually controlling the character yourself...yeah, this is pretty much it.

Obscure Node
    Ragnarok Online. However when I grew up I start loving WoW.

Ragnarok Online. Followed by Lineage II

Network Hub
    Guild wars 1. Prob about 1000 hrs.