Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I got rid of loads of my old boxed games when I moved out, ym Dad was all "you don't want to keep these do you?" At the time, I didn't really think I'd want them in the future.

I occasionally buy old boxed copies from eBay of games I used to have. Building a decent collection now.

Amongst all the boxes that went to the charity shop was a copy of Star Wars: Supremacy. Which I miss not 'cos it's worth anything (they crop up on eBay for a tenner every now and then) but because it was a great game I miss having.

Oh, and PC Dalek Attack. Which is now a basically unavailable Dr Who collectible...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I gave away pretty much everything archaic (bar some choice pieces) to charity over the last few years as I was running out of space in the apartment and it was a toss up of old Vs new. It's nice to have things, but at the same time there's got to be a degree of practicality to them vs gathering dust. The way I figure it is, someone out there is probably mad for a book, CD or film and putting in a charity shop is a good way to get it out there and benefit some people in the process. I could of probably ebayed a bunch and made some coin, but the rigmarole of having to keep track of everything and package it all didn't much appeal in truth.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just started tossing out stuff to make room for baby. I filled an entire garbage bag and a half with old retail PC games. Most of them I already had a digital copy of, others I knew I would never play again. Things like the original Tomb Raiders, Quest for Glory Anthology, NFS Underground 1&2, the Thief series. Even some newer stuff like Fallout 3 and the Oblivion:CE (even tossed the little gold septim, though I briefly considered keeping it). I also gave my old NES and 4 or 5 games to a guy at work. I realize I could have sold a lot of the PC stuff, but it just wasn't worth the hassle, and I needed them out of my gaming room (now nursery) ASAP. I kept a few games more as mementos, and stuffed them in a little box. Things like Trespasser, which I saved up $2,100 as a kid to buy my first PC just to play it.

I really don't care for retail games anymore. They take up too much space, and even a simple thing like inserting a disc has come to feel like a chore for me.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

JohnD, that was fun to watch, but the audio volume is a bit low, and I had trouble seeing some of the games. Still pictures would be easier and faster to read. I'd rather see less painful video shelf-crawling and more discussion of what you collected and why.

You sure weren't kidding about the hoarding! IMHO, the real value is in how much I'll enjoy playing a game and not what someone will pay for it. Then again, I bought my games when they were new and not as a collector. To each his own.

When I saw Descent to Undermountain, I cursed Interplay, and later you called it out too. That made me laugh. I guess it's a common sentiment. I sure don't preorder or buy new releases without doing serious research anymore. I've always regretted collector's editions too.

I noticed your recent games are a genre mix, but your older games seem very heavy on the adventures and cRPGs, whereas I'm more vehicle/action/simulation oriented. Admittedly, the old 3D stuff hasn't aged as well in comparison. Your YouTube page is so long I wasn't going to recommend anything, but since you like BioForge, I'll suggest Chronomaster. 1995 was a great year for weird graphic adventures.

If you're still looking for it, my Realms of Arkania: Star Trail box is in good shape, and the contents appear complete. I'm not too attached to that one and could let it go if you're dying to have it.

@Gwilym: it's I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. For shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    JohnD, that was fun to watch, but the audio volume is a bit low, and I had trouble seeing some of the games. Still pictures would be easier and faster to read. I'd rather see less painful video shelf-crawling and more discussion of what you collected and why.

You sure weren't kidding about the hoarding! IMHO, the real value is in how much I'll enjoy playing a game and not what someone will pay for it. Then again, I bought my games when they were new and not as a collector. To each his own.

When I saw Descent to Undermountain, I cursed Interplay, and later you called it out too. That made me laugh. I guess it's a common sentiment. I sure don't preorder or buy new releases without doing serious research anymore. I've always regretted collector's editions too.

I noticed your recent games are a genre mix, but your older games seem very heavy on the adventures and cRPGs, whereas I'm more vehicle/action/simulation oriented. Admittedly, the old 3D stuff hasn't aged as well in comparison. Your YouTube page is so long I wasn't going to recommend anything, but since you like BioForge, I'll suggest Chronomaster. 1995 was a great year for weird graphic adventures.

If you're still looking for it, my Realms of Arkania: Star Trail box is in good shape, and the contents appear complete. I'm not too attached to that one and could let it go if you're dying to have it.

@Gwilym: it's I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. For shame!
    Bobtree that isn't me! I was joking!

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I still have a bunch of late 1990s games. But my most prized possession is "The Roberta Williams Anthology" in its original box. That one had an awesome manual with a history of the making of each game.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 06-02-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    my god, I did not know this even existed:

WANT.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

I got a boxed copy of STALKER: SoC and SupCom but they're not really thread material. I also have a disk copy of Deus Ex, Fallouts 1, 2 and tictacs, and Fable: TLC. I'm trying to get ahold of the Diablo battle-chest for a long time and well, thankfully, they're still around in Malaysia
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I have box of Full Throttle i got for 3 euros few years ago lol,but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    my god, I did not know this even existed:
    Yeah, it's a nice box. :) You can see a small bit of it on my C&C photo.

I remember the store I spent my time at receiving three copies, two of which me and a friend picked up. Another friend of mine had called dibs but the store gave it out to another regular customer instead, which lead to the following dialogue:

"You sold it to K.?" - "Yes, he begged for it." - "K. actually begged?!" - "Oh, he begged hard!"

It's one of the few items I didn't sell in the first place. Good thing I didn't.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Fallouts 1, 2 and tictacs
    The very original boxed copys? Ughhhh *orgasm*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I didn't know there was a big box version of Fallout Tactics. It came out in 2001 and by then most games were only released in DVD cases.

I was surprised to see mine would go for 80$ on eBay. I only use it to keep all the other manuals tidied up somewhere...
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not sure where all our old PC game boxes went. Either thrown out or older brother hoarded him (he collects also) before I got old enough to start to save up.

Have an unopened Alpha Centauri. Ultima 9. R6: Rogue Spear: Black Thorn. Then a bunch of year 2000+ games that came in the older boxes.

I have a mix of older console games. Oldest boxes I have are some N64, Saturn cases (big cd cases). PSOne were just cd cases.

Would be fun one day to go through it and see how much they would sell nowadays.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just joining-in to say I too crushed all my big box games...

I do still have these tho

No map tho

3.5 diskettes are around here somewhere too :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I found my Baldur's Gate box, but don't have the CDs any more...
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I've got the Baldur's Gate official strategy guide on my desk at the moment, but I'm not sure if it was packaged with any edition of the game or bought separately. The most useful pages are at the back, while the rest of the book is written in the form of journal entries from the perspective of custom main character Diana Nightflame.

I've kept the big boxes I have (also the Amiga and C64 ones), but there aren't really that many. I do like having Arcanum and I also have Warzone 2100, Hostile Waters, Kingpin and a few others.

I'm still kicking myself for giving away Microprose Gunship when I sold my C64 floppy drive in 1987 or so...

Obscure Node
    I threw out 2 XXL garbage bags of jewel cd cases in 2000 due to an internal conflict.I still regret that decision but it seemed inevitable back then.
    I still keep Grim Fandango(This is the only one I care about),Tie Fighter,Simcity 3000(which isnt old is it?),Fallout 2,C&C Red Alert and some other stuff that isnt instantly visible.
    Oh and a working sega genesis and some cartridges.

Edit: I forgot to say Im jealous of that doom box,I would love to have one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Engonge View Post
    Edit: I forgot to say Im jealous of that doom box,I would love to have one.
    It's rarer than you think - I bought it in an HMV :)