Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    That's too excessive for me, definitely. Your call.

But... it's Planescape...
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    But... it's Planescape...
    There is a guy who sells them on UK Ebay and has more than 10 available at 25 ($38 US). From that I'm guessing $190 is a bit of a rip off.

The one for $190 (or less, depending on shipping costs) is the larger 1999 GOTY box, but that price difference... I think I will pick one up from that guy who linked to instead.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Activated Node
    Got Jagged Alliance 2 (which is incredible), No One Lives Forever 2 (quickly becoming my favorite FPS franchise), and a sealed copy of Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal.

IMG_0226[1].jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One thing I do have a lot of is old game manuals in pretty good condition. I have a box full of them with some game cd cases.

I do miss the art, style and writing that was put into manuals. XCom had the one entire booklet that I remember reading over and over again with journals from a soldier and new sightings of UFOs. Fallout is ring bound. Strategy game research trees. Maps, oh the maps. And the keyboard layout sheets.
    Last edited by Moraven; 12-08-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Obscure Node
    I threw away most of my big boxes years ago, didn't have a lot though (about 10 or so, I think). Kept the boxes for two of my favorites - Dungeon Keeper and Age of Wonders.

Activated Node
    Hasn't been an update here in a long time. I've gotten pretty luck over the past month. Picked up Temple Of Elemental Evil, a sealed copy of Theme Hospital for $0.99, Desperados, a sealed copy of Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver for $10, and my roommate found a sealed copy of the Unreal Anthology at my University's IT department and picked it up for me.

IMG_0039.jpg

There finally was another decent street market in my area today - picked up Caesar 3, Myst: Exile, Age Of Empires and the massive Aces Over Europe box for 10 quid total.

On a related note, I will be in London next weekend. Any good retro game shops I should be aware of? I have seen the Retro Game Base website, but they seem to be all console and no PC/Amiga.

Obscure Node
    i had all 4 of those babies 935252_79175_front.jpg
    but i lost 3 of them ( i only have the base game and none of the expansions ) and now i cant find them nowhere
    I also have Age of empires and Hexen.

Obscure Node
    Older games?such as NES games?

I regret nothing!

(sorta counts if you consider 8 years 'old')

I found a few deals in a Chinese game shop that's selling battlechests of both Warcraft III and Starcraft at a less than half the price in about $23. Possibly 5 years old judging from the last time I bought my Diablo Batttlechest there. Meanwhile, X-Men Legends 2 is at $10...
    Last edited by Voon; 23-10-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

I'm much more prone to it on the console side of things in terms of going out and looking for retro stuff now. PC not so much since I'm finding I have to jump through a lot more hoops to get the games up and running. I've been banging my head against the wall for a while now trying to get the first NOLF to run, and am about ready to toss in the towel. One of these days if I ever have the space I'd like to just put together a PC with older hardware since I never throw out my old equipment. Just make a Win98 or XP system and play a bunch of old games on it. =)

For now, I'm content getting old games via GOG.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MrN View Post
    I've been banging my head against the wall for a while now trying to get the first NOLF to run, and am about ready to toss in the towel.
    http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/201...lives-forever/

For any other issues go here:
    http://unityhq.net/forums/index.php?showforum=43
    Last edited by Frostbite; 23-10-2013 at 06:09 AM.

This thread made my heart twinge a little.. At one time I had about 150 boxed games in one manner or another but after many many moves I realized that it was a lot easier to move a stack of cd's and a box of critical manuals than all the game boxes.. Always dreamed that I'd have a big, game store style wall to display them on one day.. Ah well... and then Steam came along.

Activated Node

Hi guys, I'm trying to get some factory sealed copies of games I used to play when I was a kid

Looking for factory sealed (never opened) boxed (no dvd-cases or jewel-cases) games for Amiga, PC, Commodore, Atari and MAC:

1. Wing Commander - any part & Kilrathi Saga

2. Monkey Island 1-3 & Bounty Pack

3. Indiana Jones - any part

4. any other LucasArts / LucasFilm games (Loom, Zak McKracken, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Secret weapons of the Luftwaffe, etc..)

5. Alone in the Dark 1-3

6. Ascaron/Ascon games (Anstoss, Patrician)

7. Burntime

8. Chaos Overlords

9. Fallout 1, 2, Tactics

10. Historyline

11. Incubation

12. Heroes of Might and Magic I-IV

13. Resident Evil 1-4

I might add more games later..

Please PM me your offers and/or links to auctions/threads! Thanks alot

Edit: I probably should make an own thread for this?

Obscure Node
    I've got almost all my old PC games' boxes still, but though I am not quite a collector, just a hoarder of old boxes, the pride of my collection is something uncommon and delightfully stupid indeed, boxed exemplars of all the Mirage Fighting games and their variants:

That's right, the legendarily not-good Rise of the Robots and collector edition, Rise 2 and both the german and UK collector editions, and the little known third game of the series, Theatre of Pain (which I might add has a delightfully ridiculous box)!

Quote Originally Posted by jim.jupiter View Post
    (Loom, Zak McKracken, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Secret weapons of the Luftwaffe, etc..)
    The sealed Mac versions of Loom and DotT pop up on eBay every now and then, but at ridiculous prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Chev View Post
    Rise of the Robots
    You don't have to feel bad, I too bought it back in the day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rise of the Robots was great!