Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Saw that one for sale locally I think. They want silly prices, but I managed to get one or two I like through trades. :P
    It is a technical difference, but's there none the less.

I use to have a lot of the old game boxes but after I've shifted, I don't remember bringing them home accept my tamagochi. LOL~!!

Activated Node
    Got American McGee's Alice and Harry Potter. Harry Potter is a fun game almost ruined by it's checkpoint save system.

Network Hub
    I have about 100 unopened big boxes, give or take a few. In the early 2000s they were dumped on outlet stores in my area at extremely cheap prices and I gobbled them up by the armful.

The oldest I have is probably Lords of the Realm 2. I'm never parting with that box. I don't know, maybe Shivers: Harvester of souls (or whatever the name of that game was) or Birthright: Gorgon's alliance are older.

I've got lots of good ones. I'd have to check the storage to remember all of them.

Not too bad, and the price was right, too.

IMG_0534.jpg
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Not too bad, and the price was right, too.

IMG_0534.jpg
    FarCry 1 had a big box release?

Have you managed to get Heavy Gear 2 running on Win 7 x64? I have a copy from 1999 and it won't go beyond the installation.

Well, a slim box release, but a box nevertheless.

Haven't tried Heavy Gear 2 yet - might do so next week.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Obscure Node

This was my CD period...

Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    Ah, Zork Nemesis! How much I loved this game when I played it back in the day! Same with Heretic II. Oh, the same with Legacy Of Time as well. Ah memories.... :)

Obscure Node
    That's one of the scans I did before I got rid of those boxes. They were just taking up too much room, had been shipped over the Atlantic and were sitting in expensive storage. I have one per gaming 'era'. Having them as images makes me much happier than having the boxes in storage did...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Hey, do you mates have a copy of Sudeki and know how to get it work properly? I bought mine some years ago in a dumping sales for USD3 something (RMB20) and only to find that its sound didn't synchronize correctly. I learnt that the developer did release a patch addressing the issue but it did no good. Plus, I also learnt that its old version of Starforce DRM would damage disc drive.

GOG.com is offering it, too, but I do not expect it to provide any help to retail disc owner, and I really don't want to pay again just to get the updates. Besides, oddly GOG version does not work on Win XP.

Guess I will have to hunt down all the others now as well...

My collection

It's not a huge collection, but I am happy with what I have.

Network Hub
    Who wants this? I'm in Sydney. Should I raffle it for a cause, give it away, auction it off? I don't ebay and don't really care to start. Not a collector and have less and less time for anything videogames and don't have any videogame friends. It's not in mint condition. The lid of the inner box has come unhinged on one corner (actually torn but in a nice straight line). The cd case also has one broken hinge. RPS, what should I do?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by baby snot; 30-07-2014 at 02:19 AM.

Nice, but I already got mine. Still, best version as far as X-COM/UFO packagings go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    God that makes me nostalgic. I barely have room for my old DVD copies of games, which I may or may not have on steam. So I chucked all my boxes years ago when I went to uni.

Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    Who wants this? I'm in Sydney. Should I raffle it for a cause, give it away, auction it off? I don't ebay and don't really care to start. Not a collector and have less and less time for anything videogames and don't have any videogame friends. It's not in mint condition. The lid of the inner box has come unhinged on one corner (actually torn but in a nice straight line). The cd case also has one broken hinge. RPS, what should I do?
    I'd post it on forums and make people jelly.

Seriously though I'd just keep it. It can only go up in value over time and is a nice piece of memorabilia.

Activated Node
    Got Zax: The Alien Hunter. Fun game with a great soundtrack!

LGR - The Indie Box
    IndieBox is a subscription service that delivers collector’s edition versions of indie games to your door every month.
    Each IndieBox contains a high-quality indie game, retro-style box art, USB game cartridge, color manual, original soundtrack, and much more.

Shipping to Europe is the only thing holding me back from subscribing, but that is a most excellent idea.